Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:41:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GHS To Mine Bitcoins?  (Read 877 times)
nubbins7 (OP)

Activity: 566
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:26:49 PM

Good day folks Smiley I was wondering these days how much GHS it would
take to mine 2BTC a month?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 04:20:34 PM

At current difficulty, 2.484TH/s

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
nubbins7 (OP)

Activity: 566
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:32:59 PM

Wow ok thank you for the info have a goodone.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:30:41 PM

Cheesy I think that scared him away pretty quickly Cheesy Also, keep in mind that the difficulty increases at an exponential rate. Meaning: It will be less and less profitable mining bitcoin with each difficulty adjustment. Please make sure, you understand what exponential growth is, before mining bitcoin or investing in a bitcoin mining rig.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 06:51:02 PM

Cheesy I think that scared him away pretty quickly Cheesy Also, keep in mind that the difficulty increases at an exponential rate. Meaning: It will be less and less profitable mining bitcoin with each difficulty adjustment. Please make sure, you understand what exponential growth is, before mining bitcoin or investing in a bitcoin mining rig.
I'm sure it did... these types of questions are typically asked by people who think they're going to get rich by leaving their 5 year old PC running in the basement and creating magic internet money.  I suppose I could have explained how I got that answer, but since the question itself shows little to no effort put in by the OP to understand how the mining process works, what role difficulty plays in the equation, or to see one of the many other threads on these forums that mention the multitude of online calculators, I figured I'd save myself the trouble and just scare him with the fact that right now he'd need nearly 2.5TH/s to mine those 2BTC a month.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: