Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:37:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DiceBitco.in] [Make the most out of your sig!] Make coins by simply posting!  (Read 26807 times)
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:49:16 PM

I'm with the others here.  I want to join this campaign on the 1st, but please reconsider the rate.

0.0012 BTC/post is a fair amount for Senior member, no need for a 0.0004 discrepancy between Senior and Hero Member status.

There is nothing called fair rate or unfair rate in a free market. Its only the demand and supply that decides everything. Bitcoin is one of the ultimate by-product of free market. So, lets accept, when there is no competitor, rates will decrease. Bring on a new campaign with better rate and they'll go up again.

marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:51:02 PM

The solution to that ^ is that "buyers" in this case advertisers shouldn't wear the signature for the payout amount until it is raised.
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:58:02 PM

If you allow 400 post for seniors then that should be a fair rate of 0.001 I woulndt mind the 0.001 per post if posting more then 200 for seniors is accepted

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:06:50 PM

The solution to that ^ is that "buyers" in this case advertisers shouldn't wear the signature for the payout amount until it is raised.

Free market does not allow the buyers to be united. The reason is that, those who are on DiceBitcoin, will see a decrease. But those who are on other campaigns, will see an increase. So, if the existing campaigners deny spot, those will be picked up by others soon. There are pros as well as cons of free market. Ghash.IO is another example Wink

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:53:20 PM

Free market does not allow the buyers to be united.

There's nothing stopping you from unionising in a free market. You can organise all the posters to go on strike and refuse to wear DB signatures, and picket those who continue to do so. All that good stuff. Smiley

v---- scab!

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:07:25 PM

There's nothing stopping you from unionising in a free market. You can organise all the posters to go on strike and refuse to wear DB signatures, and picket those who continue to do so. All that good stuff. Smiley

v---- scab!

U read my writing wrong. I said Free market does not allow. It does not mean there is a controlling authority that does not allow. It means it does not allow to have any real effect. And I knew some wise man will come up with his decade long hatred against union to respond to my post. Hence I left the example of Ghash.IO. How many Hashers United gets united, Ghash.IO still pose the risk of 51%. Because it is in the heart of Bitcoin. The ultimate free market, that is now even the so called speakers of free market economy (read USA) are scared of !!!

galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:37:08 PM

We are almost through 60% of all posts(as said, we'll check them one by one). What we noticed, is an increasing number of "stupid" posts, most likely alt accounts talking to each other.
For example:
-Is that sig allowed?
-No, its not.
-Why whats wrong?
-You didn't put colour/semicolon correct
-Oh yes you ar right i will fix.
-Is it ok now?
-Yes looks great
-Perfect thank you.
- =D

First, I have to say I am impressed that you are checking every post.  I hope it saves you a lot of BTC.  Would you consider posting what % of the total posts claimed were of the "stupid" variety?  (good term for it by the way)

I think if Stunna had adopted some of the controls you are doing, 200 post limit (except for Dooglus, see below), checking all posts, not letting posts in this thread count towards your total, he would have been able to fully maintain his program for even longer with much less expense.

Personally, I would pay Dooglus anything in reason!  He brings you a lot of credibility and is the only poster on these boards whose posts I always read in full.

I do have an account at your site, and while your profits were apparently recently rocked, based on chat activity I think your site seems to be gaining a following.

I wish you the best.
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:06:14 AM

We are almost through 60% of all posts(as said, we'll check them one by one). What we noticed, is an increasing number of "stupid" posts, most likely alt accounts talking to each other.
For example:
-Is that sig allowed?
-No, its not.
-Why whats wrong?
-You didn't put colour/semicolon correct
-Oh yes you ar right i will fix.
-Is it ok now?
-Yes looks great
-Perfect thank you.
- =D

First, I have to say I am impressed that you are checking every post.  I hope it saves you a lot of BTC.  Would you consider posting what % of the total posts claimed were of the "stupid" variety?  (good term for it by the way)

I think if Stunna had adopted some of the controls you are doing, 200 post limit (except for Dooglus, see below), checking all posts, not letting posts in this thread count towards your total, he would have been able to fully maintain his program for even longer with much less expense.

Personally, I would pay Dooglus anything in reason!  He brings you a lot of credibility and is the only poster on these boards whose posts I always read in full.

I do have an account at your site, and while your profits were apparently recently rocked, based on chat activity I think your site seems to be gaining a following.

I wish you the best.
This requirement seems more like a work but simply posting  Grin
when ppl post a thread, i think they are stressful
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:41:59 AM

Personally, I would pay Dooglus anything in reason!  He brings you a lot of credibility and is the only poster on these boards whose posts I always read in full.

I don't think I will be staying with the campaign. It doesn't feel right to be wearing any particular site's ad. I worry that it will lead someone to believe that the site is safe to invest in just because I'm advertising it.

While the site may well be safe to invest in, I don't know that it is, and neither do you. You need to make your own judgement and not let me influence your decision.

I think I'll go back to my old signature that linked to my web of trust profile, my GPG key, and a few other things. Probably I'll link to the CLAMs thread too, since CLAMs are cool.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:12:54 AM

I don't think I will be staying with the campaign. It doesn't feel right to be wearing any particular site's ad. I worry that it will lead someone to believe that the site is safe to invest in just because I'm advertising it.

While the site may well be safe to invest in, I don't know that it is, and neither do you. You need to make your own judgement and not let me influence your decision.

I think I'll go back to my old signature that linked to my web of trust profile, my GPG key, and a few other things. Probably I'll link to the CLAMs thread too, since CLAMs are cool.

So you have doubts that op site is not safe and good? Why is that?
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:21:51 AM

For the same reason I would have doubts about any site anywhere. I've not seen any proof that they are trustworthy, so maybe they aren't.

It's not that I've seen anything suspicious at all.

I guess it's the same as how it was prudent for people to be a little suspicious of Just-Dice or any other place they trust with their coins, and weigh up all the associated risks and rewards for themselves.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:22:35 AM

Because dooglus isn't the owner of the site, and cannot control the action of DiceBitcoin.

While the site looks good and OP is nice and active now, things may change in the future.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:24:28 AM

yeah him chaging rules in the campaign early is kinda fishy, you should leave it the way it is OP untill you get more ground.  and since sites in negative he might decide to run with people coins if he cant make none for himself.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Candystripes

Activity: 294

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:55:29 AM

yeah him chaging rules in the campaign early is kinda fishy, you should leave it the way it is OP untill you get more ground.  and since sites in negative he might decide to run with people coins if he cant make none for himself.

He knows he can make way more than just 5K over the span of a year or so. You would be an idiot to think he would run away so easily.

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:01:36 AM

yeah him chaging rules in the campaign early is kinda fishy, you should leave it the way it is OP untill you get more ground.  and since sites in negative he might decide to run with people coins if he cant make none for himself.
I disagree. When the OP started his campaign he had to compete with PD who was offering similar terms but somewhat lower rates. Now that PD is scamming users into advertising for free (making them think they can earn money by using their affiliate links) and engaging in shady things like paying staff above market rates and then magically getting a list of banned users.

Maybe dooglus can let us know if either of these things are provably fair.....

EDIT: As the OP mentioned there is less competition so there is no reason to try to get members to stay by paying more because he is more or less the only "shop" in town.
Cranky4u

Activity: 810

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 02:12:22 AM

Is this open ofr new signups in September?

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:00:49 AM

I disagree. When the OP started his campaign he had to compete with PD who was offering similar terms but somewhat lower rates. Now that PD is scamming users into advertising for free (making them think they can earn money by using their affiliate links) and engaging in shady things like paying staff above market rates and then magically getting a list of banned users.

I don't really know what you're talking about. I don't follow the signature campaign world very closely.

I think it's fine to change your rules each month as the environment changes and the competition changes. If he retrospectively changed things, that would be good, but to say "from now on, it's like this..." is fine.

Is this open ofr new signups in September?

Yes. Read the OP for a link to the thread where you sign up for next month.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:08:27 AM

I don't really know what you're talking about. I don't follow the signature campaign world very closely.

I think it's fine to change your rules each month as the environment changes and the competition changes. If he retrospectively changed things, that would be good, but to say "from now on, it's like this..." is fine.
The main point is that PD is paying staff/mods a much higher rate then other members, and the OP of PD somehow knew which of his members were banned in the previous month....seems very fishy to me.

The point of me mentioning you was the fact that PD had kicked out the vast majority of their users in their signature campaign but have offered to let them use affiliate links in lieu of gettingi paid per post. As you likely know from running JD, you will have very few new members sign up once your site has been running for close to a year as PD has been. IMO PD is essentially tricking members into giving them free advertising by saying they can use affiliate links but not get paid per post.

EDIT: I was trying to use a pun on words when I was asking if the affiliate link deal was provably fair.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 06:14:40 AM

@DiceBitcoin It's your show and you're offering the best rates around, people can take it or leave it, you will always find members willing to participate. I think your new offer is very fair, the 200 post limit will definitely reduce spam. There's always going to be people complaining but at the end of the day, you need to do what you think is best for your company. Also I'm glad you decided to allow full members to join. I will definitely try to apply on the 1st  Wink

I don't see why seniors would complain about the rate, PD has been offering the same for a long time now.

v---- scab!

Highly unlikely. There will always be people on this forum willing to wear the signature if the employer is a man of his word. I for one would not be intimidated one bit if people decided to go on strike. I would keep my sig on even if I were the only one doing it.
DiceBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 07:11:41 AM

We never changed any rules..! As stated everywhere and OP, rates and post counts will ne honored. As for your'fear'that i will run away because site is in negative, i wont even go into that argument. Judging by your sig i dont think you understand how investment sites make their coins.

DiceBitco.in| Be The Bank | Dice as it should be !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: