Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:00:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining equipment, eBay and PayPal  (Read 1266 times)
No_2 (OP)

Activity: 901
Merit: 1033

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:01:31 PM

Looking to list some mining equipment on eBay but I understand that there was an issue with this as PayPal were not allowing the transactions and freezing accounts.

Does anyone know if this is still an issue and if they have recently sold any mining equipment on eBay via PayPal?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:04:57 PM

Looking to list some mining equipment on eBay but I understand that there was an issue with this as PayPal were not allowing the transactions and freezing accounts.

Does anyone know if this is still an issue and if they have recently sold any mining equipment on eBay via PayPal?

I think physical Bitcoin miners are fine with PayPal now. The only problem is selling Bitcoin directly, since the buyer could just file a chargeback and you lose your money, while he/she runs off with the BTC

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
adds

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:06:44 PM

I sold my second hand S1 on eBay UK, and was paid via PayPal without any problems.
Brooker

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:22:16 PM

I sold my second hand S1 on eBay UK, and was paid via PayPal without any problems.

But there are many people who sell miners and bitcoins on ebay with paypal and are then scammed with a chargeback. You might have nine succesfull trades but all you need is one bad won and you've completely lost out. Use ebay and paypal at your own peril.
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:24:49 PM

But there are many people who sell miners and bitcoins on ebay with paypal and are then scammed with a chargeback. You might have nine succesfull trades but all you need is one bad won and you've completely lost out. Use ebay and paypal at your own peril.

I think it really is much worse when you're selling Bitcoin and not the miners. Miners are just physical electronics devices like computers. Selling physical goods isn't that much of a problem I guess. When it comes to cryptocurrencies however, things are different!

Brooker

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:28:46 PM

That's true, but a lot of scammers on ebay seem to use the miners for a month then try claim that they are broken and send them back and have then got a free months mining. Seen a couple of stories like that on here.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:31:46 PM

in short ... if you accepted or sell crypto-currency ... you will be banned (delete items and no refund of the pay for item presentation).
you can sell crypto-currency miner ... but with "real currency" (sic!) ... wire, paypal, etcs ...

i want sell book for bitcoin (to pay, not the subject of the book) on eBay ... but they have delete my items because of bitcoin demand to pay mention.
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:34:46 PM

in short ... if you accepted or sell crypto-currency ... you will be banned (delete items and no refund of the pay for item presentation).
you can sell crypto-currency miner ... but with "real currency" (sic!) ... wire, paypal, etcs ...

i want sell book for bitcoin (to pay, not the subject of the book) on eBay ... but they have delete my items because of bitcoin demand to pay mention.

Did you also accept regular FIAT payments via bank wire or PayPal? I haven't seen items get removed because someone accepted Bitcoins as a means of payment there. Which national version of eBay are you using?

Brooker

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:35:20 PM

Are you sure? I don't think it's been like that for a while. There's plenty of crypto currency for sale. They even allowed it a while back. There's still a big problem with charge backs for digital currency though as they dont cover digital goods and tend to ignore blockchain proof.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:37:35 PM

Which national version of eBay are you using?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662452.msg7467150#msg7467150
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:38:04 PM

Are you sure? I don't think it's been like that for a while. There's plenty of crypto currency for sale. They even allowed it a while back. There's still a big problem with charge backs for digital currency though as they dont cover digital goods and tend to ignore blockchain proof.

I guess they even introduced separate sections dedicated to cryptocurrencies. Also some important person at eBay said that PayPal may have to integrate cryptocurrencies in the future if they catch on and that he owns bitcoins himself!

No_2 (OP)

Activity: 901
Merit: 1033

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:51:35 PM

Thanks for this. I will see how listing it goes.

I'm aware that any item you sell on eBay that you cannot prove delivery for can be forcibly refunded by PayPal.
gloryninja

Activity: 345

Trusted Member

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 08:38:24 PM

Ebay has there own category for Virtual Miners so it is safe to post an ad on ebay however paypal is a different story.  I would not trust any sale over 1K... Chargebacks are a pain in the ass

Custom Built Gaming Desktops and GPU Rigs!
tinof

Activity: 343
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:07:40 AM

Buying mining equipment is fine on ebay. Just be aware that those price are usually over price.

ezimedia

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 02:40:22 PM

I have bought mining hardware on ebay and also sold cryto coins on there... people are selling Doge coin on there every day and they all accept paypal...

Vericoins Here = VXCBhfbtwJDxnnQQRpUcpKKMwcsVGsT1AJ
LetsTalkBitcoin: http://ecoinincome.com.au/LetsTalkBitCoin.php
loewen.brad

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:04:01 AM

Ebay does allow sales of cryptocurrency now. But it can't be listed in the coins & paper money section like so many people used to do. It has to be listed in the proper section (cryptocurrencies) which is actually a classifieds section and not an auction/buy it now section. The reason for this is ebay doesn't want to be held responsible somehow if you get scammed. If you list it anywhere but 'classifieds: cryptocurrencies', ebay will remove the listing as soon as they notice it.

BTC Donation address: 1C9kFrgD4iHRnH7p86HaAQ5oSaEuzqmjf8
XIV Donation address: XErCR9BXh2oVXBy2Yh48qcRaX9tdDCRH5J
loewen.brad

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:09:29 AM

Thanks for this. I will see how listing it goes.

I'm aware that any item you sell on eBay that you cannot prove delivery for can be forcibly refunded by PayPal.

Yes. That's why it's best, if you're going to sell cryptocoins on ebay, to send the buyer a physical paper wallet through the mail with a tracking number attached. That way, if a non-delivery dispute happens to come up at some point, you can give paypal the tracking number to prove to them that it was indeed delivered. Paypal likes physical stuff. So if you can prove that whatever it is was indeed a physical item (and paper wallets do count as physical items) that was delivered to the buyer, chances are the dispute is much more likely to go in your favor.

BTC Donation address: 1C9kFrgD4iHRnH7p86HaAQ5oSaEuzqmjf8
XIV Donation address: XErCR9BXh2oVXBy2Yh48qcRaX9tdDCRH5J
blumangroup

Activity: 350

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:16:26 PM

I am pretty sure that ebay used to be like this but they recently changed their policy. They even have a special section for bitcoin related auctions.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: