Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:56:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM PREVENTION] Premine Escrow - The Solution To Premine Dumping  (Read 2213 times)
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:31:43 PM

for example, the premine could be given in different steps but within one/two months

Right, as necessary.  You could even have the community vote on what to use the premine for and how much.  For example, the dev could say he wants to use 10,000 coins for a website, and the community could vote yes or no.  There are so many different ways to implement the premine escrow, and they are all beneficial to investors.

i think this is the best way. if we grow, then we will be a BIG group and we may PRETEND this kind of service. Someone will thanks us in the future. i m tired to make rich the first scammer nerd able to manage a couple of codes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SecondsOld (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:34:57 PM

It's really just about accountability.  Devs have been given far too much freedom to screw investors over and over again.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with a dev having a premine, but it needs to be used properly.  If a dev is looking to earn off the coin then they can ask for donations based on performance.  The premine should NOT be used as payment to the dev for their services.
zhongzy

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:38:37 PM

what about hidden premine ...
SecondsOld (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:48:22 PM

That issue is being addressed by the code checkers.  It is everyone's responsibility to always check the code and make sure it is clean.  I am attempting to solve the problem of investors fearful of investing in coins with premines even though the premines may be necessary for development.  This solution does not hinder the dev, but at the same time gives investors peace of mind.
StonerStanley

Activity: 535
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:49:38 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2019, 09:41:03 PM by StonerStanley

Another bullshit.

Soon people will asking to add their own code in the new coins...

Roll Eyes
UGETHIT

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:54:49 PM

This idea won't happen.  For one moment I want you all to put yourself in the shoes of a dev.  You take time to create the coin.  You want that coin to go far.  You then give control of your working capital the premine to a third party.  That third party runs off with all your funds.  Or that third party decides your reasoning for withdrawing funds from escrow isn't good enough and it adversely affects the coin and it dies.  These are just a few reasons why no dev on earth is going to willing give up control of a premine.  I am guessing there are 100s of other reasons.
SecondsOld (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:57:06 PM

This idea won't happen.  For one moment I want you all to put yourself in the shoes of a dev.  You take time to create the coin.  You want that coin to go far.  You then give control of your working capital the premine to a third party.  That third party runs off with all your funds.  Or that third party decides your reasoning for withdrawing funds from escrow isn't good enough and it adversely affects the coin and it dies.  These are just a few reasons why no dev on earth is going to willing give up control of a premine.  I am guessing there are 100s of other reasons.

I disagree, it's really no different than the IPO guidelines set forth by Poloniex.  It will not hinder the developer, but will mean a great deal to investors.  Looking forward to seeing the first new coin listed with "[Escrowed Premine]" in the title.
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:32:41 PM

I disagree, it's really no different than the IPO guidelines set forth by Poloniex.  It will not hinder the developer, but will mean a great deal to investors.  Looking forward to seeing the first new coin listed with "[Escrowed Premine]" in the title.

exactly. my btc are ready for it
UGETHIT

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:46:40 PM

This idea won't happen.  For one moment I want you all to put yourself in the shoes of a dev.  You take time to create the coin.  You want that coin to go far.  You then give control of your working capital the premine to a third party.  That third party runs off with all your funds.  Or that third party decides your reasoning for withdrawing funds from escrow isn't good enough and it adversely affects the coin and it dies.  These are just a few reasons why no dev on earth is going to willing give up control of a premine.  I am guessing there are 100s of other reasons.

I disagree, it's really no different than the IPO guidelines set forth by Poloniex.  It will not hinder the developer, but will mean a great deal to investors.  Looking forward to seeing the first new coin listed with "[Escrowed Premine]" in the title.

He who controls the premine controls the coin.  Ok lets say polo is holding the premine in escrow.  I am the dev.  I say polo I need to withdraw 100 of that 150000 premine to pay for a translation.  They say no.  Where does that leave the dev?  Or they say ok.  Then come to find out the 100 coin for the translation was sent to the devs other wallet address.  There are a million ways to skim off the top of a premine.  Who holds it is of little concern.  Anyone including an exchange could run off with it.

There is an old saying trust me with your life but not your money or your wife.  Now how many devs are going to trust someone with that money?

Small premine to cover only bounties plus Foundation wallets are the answer.  Make a small premine only enough to cover starting bounties only then 1% of each block.  Show those set bounties.  People get that and can get on board with that.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:53:36 PM

provide escrow for that too
SecondsOld (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:52:46 PM

When Onyxcoin was launched many people were concerned about the premine.  I suggested to the dev that he use escrow for the premine.  He got very defensive and stated that the premine is the devs payment for creating the coin.  Fast forward to today...the dev dumped the premine.

Bottom line, if a dev won't accept an escrowed premine, they are a scammer.

Wake up people!
Rebound Effect

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:51:44 PM

When Onyxcoin was launched many people were concerned about the premine.  I suggested to the dev that he use escrow for the premine.  He got very defensive and stated that the premine is the devs payment for creating the coin.  Fast forward to today...the dev dumped the premine.

Bottom line, if a dev won't accept an escrowed premine, they are a scammer.

Wake up people!

lol, it was an announced scam and the stupid people invested in that coin! they are making rich a lot of devs! till when there will be so much idiot members it will be impossible to find a solution because the real thing is that PEOPLE LIKES TO BE SCAMMED
Rebound Effect

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:54:06 PM

those who don t agree with the escrowed premine are devs! it s clear
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: