Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:05:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny but interesting..  (Read 663 times)
zorospain (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:23:02 PM

Okay so this might sound funny but the real side is interesting. While thinking upon several thoughts I came up with the idea of buying the domain kimkardashian.link I was kinda skeptic as I won't be getting more than perhaps 500 for this. What do you guys say?
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:48:37 PM

What the heck are '.link' TLDs? Never heard of them. I guess it totally comes down to the exposure the domain may get. And .link domains don't seem to be that popular. Also, I believe Kim Kardashian could potentially sue you to get the Domain, I guess?

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:54:55 PM

What the heck are '.link' TLDs? Never heard of them. I guess it totally comes down to the exposure the domain may get. And .link domains don't seem to be that popular. Also, I believe Kim Kardashian could potentially sue you to get the Domain, I guess?

noone sue before alerting. but you said eventually.
eventualy btc wil be worth 999999999999999999 euros

ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:03:00 PM

noone sue before alerting. but you said eventually.
eventualy btc wil be worth 999999999999999999 euros

I said 'potentially' as in 'could very well be that. Also, 'eventually' doesn't mean 'maybe' but 'in the end'. Are you German?

zorospain (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:05:19 PM

I would wait to get sue by her so that I become popular. Lol joke!

I believe I have a right to purchase any domain as long as it is available with the registrar?
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:11:39 PM

I would wait to get sue by her so that I become popular. Lol joke!

I believe I have a right to purchase any domain as long as it is available with the registrar?

Totally depends on the jurisdiction and who is distributing the domains. There may be local laws that allow companies or persons to claim a Domain if it infringes with their rights or name...

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:14:10 PM

Okay so this might sound funny but the real side is interesting. While thinking upon several thoughts I came up with the idea of buying the domain kimkardashian.link I was kinda skeptic as I won't be getting more than perhaps 500 for this. What do you guys say?

It's depend mostly of quality of your site and how you will advertise this site.
If you do this in good way, you can even even good income from your site Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
zorospain (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:18:09 PM

It's depend mostly of quality of your site and how you will advertise this site.
If you do this in good way, you can even even good income from your site Smiley

I don't wanna upbring the site I just want to sell the domain. I would be very worried if I go against the law. If somebody else knows about this please let me know.

Thanks
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:05:22 PM

I don't think you can buy a domain name for the sole purpose of selling it for profit, if the domain is someone else's name or trademark. This is called Cybersquatting apparently.

In theory you could buy the domain "fatasshobbitbitch.com" and sell that back to Kim (because no trademark), but you'd probably get sued for buying "kimkardashian.xxxx" and trying to sell it back to her (unless you called your kid Kim Kardashian or something).
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:21:26 PM

Hmmm you could try doing that. I would afterwards contact the management of the Kardashians and try sellim them the domain at a premium! I guess they make so much money why shouldn't you get a bit of it?

zorospain (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:15:00 PM

Hmmm you could try doing that. I would afterwards contact the management of the Kardashians and try sellim them the domain at a premium! I guess they make so much money why shouldn't you get a bit of it?

Contacting the management would still get me sued either way. Would it?
Candystripes

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:35:30 PM

How was this funny and/or interesting?

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: