Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:10:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-Qt - "System error: Database corrupted"  (Read 1029 times)
jbreher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:50:06 PM

Well, things are going from bad to worse for me. For the backstory, see:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=714532.msg8071977#msg8071977

At this point, when I launch Bitcoin-Qt (v0.8.6.-beta on OS X 10.7.5), it starts 'Verifying Blocks...' then 'Loading wallet...', then I get a dialog with a red octagon with the white exclamation point, saying "System error: Database corrupted".

In trying to recover from a previous issue (see linked thread), I last night invoked 'Bitcoin-Qt -reindex', and went to bed with that operation running. This morning, Bitcoin-Qt had crashed. I get the above error dialog upon trying to run Bitcoin-Qt again.

Free space on my drive was down to 2.2 GB this morning. I am hoping this may be a relevant factor. I have since cleared 96 GB of space on the disk.

So with all that as background, are there suggested recovery instructions posted somewhere? I'd rather not blow everything away and reload the entire blockchain, but I of course will if necessary.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 09:33:29 PM

AFAIK if -reindex is not working you need to redownload. Id first try -reindex again though, since your diskspace was low. You can also use the bootstrap.dat to make the download faster.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: