Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:32:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why a Chinese eBay Power Seller Quit Paypal and Start accepting Bitcoin  (Read 2623 times)
regedit (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:21:29 AM

trending on reddit: http://redd.it/2c5egc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 04:59:57 AM

The only positive about paypal is it has big userbase. Once bitcoin gain more users comparable to paypal no one would use paypal anymore.

Paypal can freeze your account without reason anytime. It will refund back to the buyers without letting you know. Paypal customer support cannot help you at all. Paypal has big fees. I stop using paypal long time ago.

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:11:29 AM

I concur that, PP charge hefty fee, no customer  services and bail on you any time. All of this in the name of "consumer protection".
mrcashking

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:27:24 AM

yeah paypal sucks all hail the mighty BITCOIN
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:48:37 AM

for nothing, just love bitcoin.

Stery

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:59:25 AM

When your business eventually grows in ebay there are high risks involved turned nightmares

There wont be any nightmares with bitcoins
chanz

Activity: 298

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:04:26 AM

I wouldn't trust a Chinese eBay Seller too lol but it's good for them.  Wink

My BTC address : 1KfS1c14Tg2hgQEVz2bCJeFox6FpyYFvM6
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:28:15 AM

As we know using PayPal costs a lot as a merchant. It intends to protect the buyers and is not fair to the merchants. Sellers don't like using PayPal. If  better alternative come out, they definitely will adopt it.
Gargulan

Activity: 231

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:32:39 AM

As we know using PayPal costs a lot as a merchant. It intends to protect the buyers and is not fair to the merchants. Sellers don't like using PayPal. If  better alternative come out, they definitely will adopt it.

Yes. Fee on Paypal and eBay are ridiculously high. Doubt they can get away with this for long.

goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:47:32 AM

Yes. Fee on Paypal and eBay are ridiculously high. Doubt they can get away with this for long.

They have been getting away with it for years - and the shitty thing is, they've probably got another couple of years to fleece us Sad
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:44:57 PM

The fee's for that PayPal charge can become really quite ridiculous. If anyone was to change from PayPal and move over to accepting bitcoin I would not blame them at all. It's a shame that bitcoin is not more popular giving more people an option of what to accept. I myself stopped using PayPal a while back to a certain extent due to the charges and the awful customer service.
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:14:28 PM

I wouldn't trust a Chinese eBay Seller too lol but it's good for them.  Wink

I have purchased from Chinese eBay sellers many times, and it has always been a good deal.
chanz

Activity: 298

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:21:40 PM

I have purchased from Chinese eBay sellers many times, and it has always been a good deal.

Well, i had some bad experiences on Ebay specially from chinese dealers so good luck that was my opinion.

My BTC address : 1KfS1c14Tg2hgQEVz2bCJeFox6FpyYFvM6
regedit (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:26:14 PM

I wouldn't trust a Chinese eBay Seller too lol but it's good for them.  Wink

Hi Chanz, we understand your concern this maybe due to a bad experience with your past transaction from China. Our prices starts at 50 cents you can give it a try. Our team would be happy to answer if you have problem with deliveries, products or other complaints via livechat or hotline. Thank you! Smiley
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 02:32:58 PM

The Paypal/Ebay combo is a match made in hell for both buyers and sellers.  Hidden Fees and chargebacks, and fucked up terms of service.

Sold an Asicminer Block Erupter Blade last year when they were the shit, and they charged for a reserve price, buy it now price, and 10% cut off the sales pretty much obliterating my profit margin.

Fuck both of them in the asshole.  Hope Bitcoin makes Paypal it's bitch within a couple of years.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:38:53 PM

I wouldn't trust a Chinese eBay Seller Smiley)

FTFY. I've no issue with the Chinese. Or any other "race". I am of the opinion that all races are equally worthless. I've seen more scams than not on ebay, and as often as not the scammer was ebay itself.
Mowcore

Activity: 592

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:39:48 PM

The Paypal/Ebay combo is a match made in hell for both buyers and sellers.  Hidden Fees and chargebacks, and fucked up terms of service.

Sold an Asicminer Block Erupter Blade last year when they were the shit, and they charged for a reserve price, buy it now price, and 10% cut off the sales pretty much obliterating my profit margin.

Fuck both of them in the asshole.  Hope Bitcoin makes Paypal it's bitch within a couple of years.

Oh, it will. Trust me.

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:47:46 PM

You don't need to trust any seller on ebay, ebay has buyer protection. (actually, this really sucks if your are a seller). You as the buyer can open up a case for ANY reason, even if you don't like the color, if it didn't look like the picture, you changed your mind, it rained that day. There is no risk on buying on either ebay or Amazon, simply because you can open up a case and get your dollars back if anything goes wrong. Also, you can give the seller a bad feedback which they do not really want.

For bitcoin I think feedback would be left on a forum like this one. I hope more sites pop up to buy and sell with BTC.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
unpure

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:50:34 PM

Well, i had some bad experiences on Ebay specially from chinese dealers so good luck that was my opinion.

Really depend on what you buy. If it is a foreign brand, then avoid Chinese sellers.

If it is a no brand or generic item, don't think anyone can beat their price.
Mowcore

Activity: 592

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:56:48 PM

I wouldn't trust a Chinese eBay Seller Smiley)

I am of the opinion that all races are equally worthless.

yup lol

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: