Author Topic: ..  (Read 6842 times)
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:57:04 PM

I have about 0.1 BTC, but already spend lot of them  ;D0
i think who have lot BTC, won't tell how much they have (trust me  Grin)

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 01:01:29 PM

A few more after this price drop.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:13:12 PM

So you actually day-traded successfully? That's a rare thing. Most people tend to lose a substantial amount of their savings when they are panicking! Look into the Wall Observer thread! ShroomsKit claims he had 2 BTC just yesterday and traded his way down to 1 BTC now.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BitcoinMillionaire

Activity: 168

Bling Bling

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:27:14 PM

Well, at least 1'000'000, that's what I can tell you - or I'd have to have my name changed! But I don't want to tell you the exact amount, you see it makes people envy you, they just wanna hang around you because of your money. That stinks, haha. And I really don't wanna brag about such things... So yeah...

PRIMEDICE
vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:48:22 PM

These stats are from a Forbes article from earlier this year:

--There are (or were in January) approximately 12,000,000 bitcoins mined
--47 people own 29% of the coins. 
--930 people own 50% of the coins.
--approximately 10,000 people own 75% of the coins
--approximately 1,000,000 own the rest

I'm sure the numbers could be disputed, but close enough for rounding.  At that time, anyway, that meant 1,000,000 people owned 25% of 12,000,000 coins, or 3,000,000 coins.  That's an average of 3 coins per person, if you're not in the top 1%.

In fact, forget about the 1%.  If you're not in the 930 people (not many of them on this board, and if they are here, they likely won't answer), which is 0.093%, the average is only six coins.

Somehow, I suspect there will be much rounding UP, WAY UP in this thread.

Your math doesnt fit, 29% + 50% + 75%  Huh

lol i was just reading that like wtf?

Those are cumulative values.

Correct.  Cumulative.
vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:49:40 PM

Ugh, i'm really poor compared to the other forum users. :\ thought i d be atleast in the upper 50% with my 5-10 btc

In real life, you are in the upper 50%.  In forum fantasyland, your imagination is just not vivid enough.
bananaControl

Activity: 322

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:14:51 PM

So you actually day-traded successfully? That's a rare thing. Most people tend to lose a substantial amount of their savings when they are panicking! Look into the Wall Observer thread! ShroomsKit claims he had 2 BTC just yesterday and traded his way down to 1 BTC now.

How is that even possible with such a small dip in price?
philip2000uk

Activity: 276

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 02:49:24 PM

I own 4.  I am hoping for some news, i.e expedia going full out into bitcoin, but it takes time to test the hotel selling first and then it will be flights and then they'll adopt it to europe et all

Leather girls identity film2 on youtube and website link i accept bitcoin Smiley
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 02:53:56 PM

I don't day trade, I stopped doing that after going from about 800 bitcoins to 400 bitcoins as it jumped all over from $17 to $2 and up and down all over the place in between.

I buy the equivalent in bitcoins of what I spend in fiat. I took my dogs to the vet, went out to eat, went to the dump and spent some money toward my vacation next week so I bought the equivalent amount of bitcoins for those purchases.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:56:15 PM

Yeah, exactly, it is a weird kind of record with such modest price dip. I guess he used a lot of leverage. Otherwise, he would have to do a dozen of loosing trades in a row.

EDIT: BTW, I agree that most people loose money day trading, but daytrading != panic selling, they are completely different things Wink.
DjPxH

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:03:43 PM

Yeah, exactly, it is a weird kind of record with such modest price dip. I guess he used a lot of leverage. Otherwise, he would have to do a dozen of loosing trades in a row.

EDIT: BTW, I agree that most people loose money day trading, but daytrading != panic selling, they are completely different things Wink.

I really don't know if he was leveraged. Don't think so. I don't have any idea whether he really halved his stash or whether this is even possible with the swings we've seen over the past couple days. In his case it definitely is panic selling/buying, though. He doesn't even try to daytrade, his sentiment switches literally every day from bull to bear and back again!

PRIMEDICE
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:05:14 PM

Interesting distribution so far, these recent price drops have helped me increase my stash too!
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:52:46 PM

Protip: you don't need to daytrade to buy more bitcoin. You can just buy (at night if you prefer). Very easy to do successfully, trust me.

i am satoshi
TrollinU

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:11:55 PM

Protip: you don't need to daytrade to buy more bitcoin. You can just buy (at night if you prefer). Very easy to do successfully, trust me.

I've got a protip: never trust the guy that says "trust me" Wink

DjPxH

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:18:11 PM

I'm confused right now. Is there anyone I should still trust around here? If so, who?

PRIMEDICE
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:19:53 PM

I'm confused right now. Is there anyone I should still trust around here? If so, who?

Not me

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:15:08 PM

Between 0.6 and 5

just TRUST NO ONE.

Then no need to worry about being fair by trusting in one, and not in another.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:26:24 PM

Spent about 30 coins on mining supplies last year, that was my learning curve. Shocked Yep
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:28:53 PM

Trust the blockchain.
HurricanOday

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:47:24 PM

I have 10 coins with a buy average buy in at 530 most of my coins were in mid 400s but bought 2 when it at 6 something

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                               
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: