Print  
Author Topic: ..  (Read 6842 times)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:58:13 PM

Currently I'm only at 0.1BTC. Not enough, so I have invested some money to hashpower and hopefully soon I'll have more!
Don't do that, just buy them. Mining is only profitable with highend equipment now.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 11:19:16 PM

only Litecoin  Smiley

hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:21:09 AM

only Litecoin  Smiley

Own around 0.3 BTC.

I thought litecoin is dieing with so many negative posts on it in recent months.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:24:22 AM

only Litecoin  Smiley

Own around 0.3 BTC.

I thought litecoin is dieing with so many negative posts on it in recent months.

There are a ton of negative posts on just about every coin besides BTC on this forum. Now that I think of it, there are a ton of negative posts even about BTC here too
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:58:54 PM

This should really be in the off topic section. I would also advise anyone reading this to not answer the OPs question as if you were to reveal how many bitcoin you own/control then it could subject you to a number of attacks, as an attacker would know that attempting to hack you could have some benefit, verses attempting to hack a random person may or may not have potential benefit.

You shouldn't be viewing BitcoinTalk with the same computer you use to store your BTC.

Problem solved.
This is not even a computer level issue, it is a personal identity level issue. If someone were to DOX you, after you posted that you have "x" BTC then anyone would know that you have that level of BTC and would likely attempt to launch an attack to steal your coins, either by hacking or by breaking into your house to steal your computers (among other potential attacks).

Unless your reply was something less than 0.01BTC, in which case if they dox you they will probably just ignore your coins.  Smiley
This is my point exactly. If someone were to say that they have a large amount of coins then others will have an incentive to try to find your identity and attempt to launch attacks to steal your coins. If you claim to have a small amount then they know it will not be worth their time.
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:00:25 PM

This is not even a computer level issue, it is a personal identity level issue. If someone were to DOX you, after you posted that you have "x" BTC then anyone would know that you have that level of BTC and would likely attempt to launch an attack to steal your coins, either by hacking or by breaking into your house to steal your computers (among other potential attacks).

Passwords are in my brain. Can't really hack that...yet.

Breaking into my house? Bring a pistol...because you're going to need it.
What if you are not home? This is when the vast majority of house robberies happen. There is no way to stop them if you aren't home. Once they have the file/wallet that is password protected they can simply use a brute force password cracker to attempt to unlock the wallet.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:18:39 PM

Passwords are in my brain. Can't really hack that...yet.

Breaking into my house? Bring a pistol...because you're going to need it.
What if you are not home? This is when the vast majority of house robberies happen. There is no way to stop them if you aren't home. Once they have the file/wallet that is password protected they can simply use a brute force password cracker to attempt to unlock the wallet.
You might wanna do a bit more research on that. Any decent password will take longer to crack than "until i get back home". Also, laptops.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Chicowash

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:23:45 AM

I have only about 1.5 BTC right now, bought some equipment and mining on free electricity, so it is about to rise for a little.
Soccruo

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:15:33 PM

I own 0.7 bitcoins but I'm confident that I'll increase this number by trading Smiley

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:48:27 PM

I own 0.7 bitcoins but I'm confident that I'll increase this number by trading Smiley

What's your strategy if I may ask? Smiley Are you already an experienced trader or is this you first attempt? If you don't have any experience trading you may want to try it out on a demo account first. A lot of people lose their money because they can't keep their emotions under control!

jazzhot

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:50:40 PM

If you don't know what you are doing, forget trading because you will lose your btc fast.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: