Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:51:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is like Android mid 2009 / Linux end 1998  (Read 1633 times)
bitpump (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:02:49 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2018, 11:20:12 AM by bitpump

=> If you agree / disagree, please comment Wink

#Bitcoin is going to WIN because it is OPEN"
.. just like Linux and Android:

#Bitcoin is like Android mid 2009

#Bitcoin is like Linux end 1998

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 08:46:40 PM

Thats either servers only or bullshit. Probably both.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 09:15:02 PM

i agree.

desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:58:33 AM

it/s interesting  Cheesy

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:29:44 AM

why are you comparing the adoption rate of a cryptocurrency with operating systems though?
_Dave

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:52:44 AM

Thats either servers only or bullshit. Probably both.

I can't even imagine it's servers. A lot of small enterprise programs only run on Windows servers. And email still runs on Exchange, especially so in the 2000-2010s. And everyone in corporations short of developers are all running Windows boxes, and administering Windows boxes from a Linux-centralized LDAP environment would be the worst kind of hell. No sysadmin is going to forego using a few AD servers in that kind of situation, especially in an XP-heavy environment like that chart would imply. Hypervisors weren't even used commonly back then which is the only other thing I could think of that could account for that, if they were only counting the physical server and discounting all VMs.

This is why you always label your axes, people.
eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:28:56 AM

I watched the Andreas video linked in another thread. He was talking about why open source will win in the end. He made a lot of sense and I'd like to believe he's right. However I can't decide if open source is gaining popularity or if it's just a case of myself becoming more involved with it.

eidt: this is the video for those that may have missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq8yOMl8IUs
lauraqtro

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:00:28 AM

Bitcoin is absolutely growing like Android and the other important thing is stable like iOS Wink
Anders

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:34:24 AM

Android is like an operating system from the 90s. Having to install software is really stone age technology. I think Google has a plan to ditch Android and replace it with Chrome OS.
Keyara

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:48:49 AM

Android is like an operating system from the 90s. Having to install software is really stone age technology. I think Google has a plan to ditch Android and replace it with Chrome OS.

If you value your privacy, you will not use Chrome, google search engine or gmail.
Anders

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:53:18 AM

If you value your privacy, you will not use Chrome, google search engine or gmail.

I was exaggerating a bit. Grin Windows is still going strong on the desktop and will likely remain dominating for many years to come. Android will also remain strong for many years for mobile devices. I was illustrating what I think will be the long term scenario. And I was serious about the idea of Google replacing Android with Chrome OS. Will not happen anytime soon however.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 08:55:42 AM

Google is too smart to make this kind of blunder ..! They know what happened to BB , Nokia and MS who refused to use Android. Only thing that separates Google from other is they embrace innovation and new technologies, and sooner or later I hope they will consider bitcoin as a payment option.

Anders

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:05:40 AM

Google is too smart to make this kind of blunder ..! They know what happened to BB , Nokia and MS who refused to use Android. Only thing that separates Google from other is they embrace innovation and new technologies, and sooner or later I hope they will consider bitcoin as a payment option.

Yes, Google needs to keep developing Android for a long time still. My scenario was for the really long term. Chrome OS still has a long way to go before it can match Android on mobile devices.

I actually think Bitcoin will survive for much longer than Android. Android is a fad, lol. Bitcoin is a new kind of technology here to stay.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 10:05:31 AM

I have never thought of comparing Bitcoin to Android. However, you are correct. Android was still experimental at the end of 2008 and caught the public eye mid 2009, when people started to believe it may have a bright future. Bitcoin is at that stage now. Lots of VC and retailers had entered Bitcoin and it seems difficult for it to fail.
littlewizard

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:46:17 AM

I hope this analogy is correct. If it is correct, there will be a burst in price in the near future.
henryjames1003

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:35:40 PM

may be you are right. But it will take more then 5 years for Bitcoin to become a really mass-adoption. It's easy to switch your mobile system. Especially if it promotes by Apple or Google. There are no Bitcoin Google. And your money is not your phone's(or laptop) OS.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:37:24 PM

=> If you agree / disagree, please comment Wink

#Bitcoin is going to WIN because it is OPEN"
.. just like Linux and Android:
https://twitter.com/bitpump/status/494719962570063872

#Bitcoin is like Android mid 2009
https://twitter.com/bitpump/status/494720484110774272

#Bitcoin is like Linux end 1998
https://twitter.com/bitpump/status/494720316237942784

I just hope bitcoin won't suck like Android and Linux still are. I mean, Linux is great if you know what you're doing or if it being used for server applications. But as a end-user operating system, it just still sucks. Big time. No, it's not easy. No, it doesn't just work. And Android just is too fragmented, has too many gimmicks, doesn't feel nice and sucks. It's just mediocre crap for the masses. That's it.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:54:40 AM

Yeah, i totally agree  Grin
from zero to hero  Grin

but some people still don't use 3 of them (for lot reason)

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:58:25 PM

Bitcoin is absolutely growing like Android and the other important thing is stable like iOS Wink
of course. The adoption rate will increase as time is going. Can you imagine 90% of population possess and spend BTC?  At that time Nothing can effect the price movement of BTC!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: