Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:07:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Received negative reputation for something that is within the forum rules  (Read 699 times)
cryptonaut (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:03:17 AM

I made a topic about purchasing a forum account for signature advertising and someone has given me negative feedback for it. Even though it is within forum rules.

Can I please have this removed?
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:07:14 AM

Trust ratings are not moderated (to prevent moderation abuse). Anyone can leave feedback for any reason (as long as they are not advertising or spamming abusively) and it's other users' business whether to trust that feedback or not.

deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:08:33 AM

That is the reason no one buy openly account here, because trust feedback not moderate here.

You can't do anything now for that feedback. Just talk to trust giver only he can remove that negative trust.

Relnarien

Activity: 399
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:52:04 PM

I made a topic about purchasing a forum account for signature advertising and someone has given me negative feedback for it. Even though it is within forum rules.

The trust rating is legitimate though. He/She finds you to be untrustworthy for trying to buy accounts. That is well within his/her rights to do so. Meanwhile, you already responded in kind, which you are also allowed to do.

Personally, I agree with him. Buying an account to participate in a signature campaign is not an attractive behaviour. Many members here actually have worthwhile things to say and useful information to contribute, and those members are the ones that the signature campaigns are looking for. If you're just here for the money, then you aren't really a glimmering beacon of trust. Your actions may fall within the realm of acceptable Bitcointalk behaviour, but other members are free to give you a negative trust feedback if that same behaviour makes you seem untrustworthy to them.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:56:45 PM

This is why account trading is made only by PM or using low rank alt accounts.

At least you are just a junior and not much of a loss, since you can't enter any signature deal anyway
Buziss

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:51:22 PM

Nope, you can only contact the person giving you the negative trust and ask him to remove it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: