Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 07:50:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Domain Names versus Bitcoin?  (Read 1061 times)
domainbrokers (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:06:57 PM

I do not own gold
I sold all my real estate in 1995
I sold all my stocks in 1999

In 1995 my first day in the domain name industry I bought 1,000 domains from the only registrar then netsol

Entry fee then 100 a name for 2 years registration

So my first day in the net game I stroked a check for 100K and that night in a niteclub my buddies thought I was nuts, wtf is the net they said

Now I got some btc, but more importantly I got 100 or so bitcoin and btc related domains

I know domains I've made mega millions from them in 20 years of domain name investing and developng

So let's compare the two investments

I put 500 on a bitcoin what was worth a nicklle a few years ago, if it goes to 5K I make tenfold, it may go to 50K I make 100 fold

If you believe in 500K btc fine, it is 1000 fold

I can grab a 99 cent coupon for godaddy and register a domain today, and a really good one IF YOU KNOW THE SECRET of how major asset domain names are still not registered

And sorry, I'm not about to give that up, since everymonth we buy from that untapped pool of .com's you can still register that most of the domain world has yet to discover

Now let's say I'm full of BS and there are no such .com's yet, well anyone can search major terms and see many TLD's (net/org/us/ca/biz/info/etc) are still open for MAJOR TERMS

So I buy a domain for 99 cents to maybe 10 bucks and now I have something I can go to wipo an international court if someone steals it from me and get it back

Now I'm a geek I can create a site in a few hours, HD Video on the front door, news/blog, forum, instant email list, SMO it up with accounts on twitter, youtube, facebook, reddit and bang I have something I can easily turn into an asset where I can flip the name for 1K or 10K or 100K easily depending on the niche and a little work

So 10 bucks to 10K or 100K is done all the time in domain names and it's got the wipo protecting it

Now why should I put 500 into a bitcoin, that goes to 5K if I'm lucky and if it gets stolen who do I go to?

Yet I'm a believer, other than domain names I have put money into nothing, domain names for 20 years and now some into bitcoin and btc related domains

So I'm a believer

Now the only reason I'm remotely interested in btc is due to the big IF, IF btc gets to be just 10% of the gwp each coin is worth 500K

So we have 1000 fold growth IMO

Another reason I love bitcoin, the fractions, since my main business model for my own domain name development is the exact same model, instead of buying cheap 10 buck domains I often buy very expensive keyword domains, not to sell but to develop and then FRACTION LEASE to companies/professionals in every major city in the world that benefits from being a fraction tenant on my asset

Anyway, other than having IP rights in digital content, films, music and books, the only other two assets I want are domains and bitcoin

So yeah, to me, btc is as good as a major domain name only more common

My .00004 satoshi

LONG REIGN BITCOIN

BITCOIN IS AS SOLID AS A KEYWORD .COM IMO

CryptoNames

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 12:12:38 AM

Interesting read. Best of luck with both your bitcoin and domain endeavors.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4538

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:11:18 AM

the OP is a scammer he has many sockpuppet names and continuously trying to create rep and posting nonesense.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
NRF

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:29:32 AM

Not only that but domain campers are scum that hold people's adoption of the Internet to ransom whereas just holding bitcoin cost's no one else anything.

Welcome back to the civilized world!
pirsquared

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:33:01 AM

Not only that but domain campers are scum that hold people's adoption of the Internet to ransom whereas just holding bitcoin cost's no one else anything.

Welcome back to the civilized world!

I buy both BTC and domains; but I don't squat on domains. I intend to do something with the domains. I have secured vanity 800/888/866 numbers and been offered and accepted healthy sums for phone numbers.

I wish the OP all the success in the world with his/her endeavors.

If you HODL store it CODL!
AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:05:08 AM

Yeah, and it doesn't matter if that bitcoin is used with a .com or .cc or .io or ...

Have fun with your squatting.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: