Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:26:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: jdany lending  (Read 2648 times)
jdany (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Inspired

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:51:29 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 10:54:26 AM by jdany

Lending 0.9 BTC to starbucksshop
0.97 BTC due Aug 8, 2014 23:59:59 ET.
Collateralized with Starbucks gift cards.

If he defaults, I get $600 worth of coffee.  (or around 3 grande lattes)

182aYVmvc7rdw8WrNeCuZYjBGuxBtYQLmn

Missed Repayment

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:54:11 PM

Lending 0.9 BTC to starbucksshop
0.97 BTC due Aug 8, 2014 23:59:59 ET.

If he defaults, I get $600 worth of coffee.  (or around 3 grande lattes)

ha!

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
StarbucksShop

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Correction $786 worth and yes I accept
jdany (OP)

Inspired

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:08:45 PM

Correction $786 worth and yes I accept

I stand corrected.  Collateral part done.
As soon as my coinage shows up, this loan will be funded.
jdany (OP)

Inspired

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:01:17 PM

Sent:
https://blockchain.info/tx/f7ae23bfd644fcba2d5c4c91d56425878871a510165669ff7c4a47b1ac26d34f
StarbucksShop

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:06:41 PM

I received it
Ejaculation

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:23:14 PM

Hold a huge Starbucks coffee and treat day for your whole work Smiley that would be hilarious.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ASICMINERPRISMA
                       1.4T+ ● 0.70-0.78J/GH ● ONLY 1.39BTC                          Shipping in Oct.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ForgottenPassword

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:54:30 PM

It's probably too late to tell you this now but if Starbucks gift cards can be bought with a reversible payment method such as a credit card or PayPal, then they are likely unsuitable as collateral as they may have been obtained fraudulently.

If that is the case and it is found out by Starbucks they are well within their rights to dishonor the gift cards, leaving you in the red.

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
StarbucksShop

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:03:24 PM

It's probably too late to tell you this now but if Starbucks gift cards can be bought with a reversible payment method such as a credit card or PayPal, then they are likely unsuitable as collateral as they may have been obtained fraudulently.

If that is the case and it is found out by Starbucks they are well within their rights to dishonor the gift cards, leaving you in the red.

your right but luckily that not the case! If you don't know who I am then  you should check my trust and check my 3 threads for all the starbucks that I sell. You will find all happy computers that keep coming back and not ONE person has reported any issues with their cards!
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:15:34 PM

His reputation should suffice, so this is irrelevant.

But for future reference: Those vouchers are NOT worth the collateral, also can be faked (with stolen CC and PP)

ForgottenPassword

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:15:49 PM

Just to be clear: I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I would never do that unless I had something other than my opinion to back it up with. I'm hoping someone reading this may learn a valuable lesson is all.

your right but luckily that not the case! If you don't know who I am then  you should check my trust and check my 3 threads for all the starbucks that I sell. You will find all happy computers that keep coming back and not ONE person has reported any issues with their cards!

While that may be the case, lets dive into some Bitcoin history.

There was a user here named PirateAt40. He was the highest rated user by far on http://bitcoin-otc.com (the forum didn't have a trust system back then so this was what most people used for feedback).

He offered an investment scheme where he paid 7% interest a week.

He paid every week on time in full for well over a year. While some people were suspicious of the scheme, their voices were drowned out by the people proclaiming his trustworthiness, pointing to the fact that he always paid on time, was a very good currency trader and his identity was well known.

He even met a few users face-to-face (he paid to have them flown out to meet him in Las Vegas). He also had acquired so many Bitcoins that he was somewhat able to manipulate the Bitcoin price, convincing even more people that he was legitimate as they thought he was a very good trader who was making tons manipulating the Bitcoin price.

He became so successful lots of other trustworthy users began reselling his scheme which lead to all kinds of problems when the scheme met its demise.

He kept this up for over a year, paying on time in full every single pay-day. He did not have any scam accusations or anything - he was completely legit, before he suddenly ran off with all of the Bitcoins he was borrowing via the scheme - which at the time were worth in excess of millions and are probably now worth hundreds of millions.

Moral of the story:

Past performance does not equal future performance.

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

StarbucksShop

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:17:50 PM

Just to be clear: I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I would never do that unless I had something other than my opinion to back it up with.

your right but luckily that not the case! If you don't know who I am then  you should check my trust and check my 3 threads for all the starbucks that I sell. You will find all happy computers that keep coming back and not ONE person has reported any issues with their cards!

While that may be the case, lets dive into some Bitcoin history.

There was a user here named PirateAt40. He was the highest rated user by far on http://bitcoin-otc.com (the forum didn't have a trust system back then so this was the closest thing to trust rating).

He offered an investment scheme where he paid 7% interest a week.

He paid every week on time in full for well over a year. While some people were suspicious of the scheme, their voices were drowned out by the people proclaiming his trustworthiness, pointing to the fact that he always paid on time, was a very good currency trader and his identity was well known.

He even met a few users face-to-face (he paid to have them flown out to meet him in Las Vegas). He also had acquired so many Bitcoins that he was somewhat able to manipulate the Bitcoin price, convincing even more people that he was legitimate as they thought he was a very good trader who was making tons manipulating the Bitcoin price.

He became so successful lots of other trustworthy users began reselling his scheme.

He kept this up for over a year, paying on time in full every single pay-day. He did not have any scam accusations or anything - he was completely legit, before he suddenly ran off with all of the Bitcoins he was borrowing via the scheme - which at the time were worth in excess of millions and are probably now worth hundreds of millions.

Moral of the story:

Past performance does not equal future performance.

Wow that's a shame but that's not the case here, I've done business with the lender before and he trust me enough to lend me the coins.
jdany (OP)

Inspired

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:50:51 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 12:12:32 PM by jdany

I have to make mention to this because of how it appears - but, I have not gotten a response from StarBucksShop as of yet.
There might be an explanation - I just don't have one yet.

I made this loan based on the previous repayment history to myself and other lenders.
I asked for collateral, as extra assurance and really wasn't a prerequisite of this loan.

With that being said, I was sent gift card codes for $786 worth of starbucks credit on July 31.
I never took possession of the credits (transferring the credits to a card that only I controlled)
But on Aug 1, the credits were drained down to nothing, which effectively killed any assurance collateral I held.

He still has a week to pay me back - but, the credits were part of the deal.
They were no longer his to use, which he obviously did use without giving me any kind of notification.

SaveYourBitcoin.com

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:23:58 PM

I have to make mention to this because of how it appears - but, I have not gotten a response from StarBucksShop as of yet.

I made this loan based on the previous repayment history to myself and other lenders.
I asked for collateral, as extra assurance and really wasn't a prerequisite of this loan.

With that being said, I was sent gift card codes for $786 worth of starbucks credit on July 31.
I never took possession of the credits (transferring the credits to a card that only I controlled)
But on Aug 1, the credits were drained down to nothing, which effectively killed any assurance collateral I held.

They were no longer his to use, which he obviously did use without giving me any kind of notification.

Don't he used them, almost assuredly they were paid for by stolen credit card, and Starbucks took the balance.

If you transferred to a card you owned, that's the only way they could have disappeared.  The reason no one reported ant issues is because they all used their balances before the chargeback.
jdany (OP)

Inspired

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:33:19 PM

All I have is conjecture.
It could have been starbucks reclaiming the balances from fraud.
It could have been starbucksshop using the held credits for other transactions.
I'm not sure yet.

Hopefully, he'll come here and help make sense of this.

Here is what the transactions are:
7/31/2014    Balance Merge    100.00 USD
7/31/2014    Balance Merge    (400.00) USD
7/31/2014    Balance Merge    400.01 USD
8/1/2014    In Store Purchase    (200.00) USD

Card2:
7/29/2014    Balance Merge    101.49 USD
7/29/2014    Balance Merge    100.00 USD
7/31/2014    Redeem    (50.00) USD
7/31/2014    Redeem    (50.00) USD
8/1/2014    In Store Purchase    (185.00) USD
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:14:49 PM

Yeah, I PM'd KWH a few days ago about StarbucksShop exhibiting scammy behavior (successful trivial loan payback followed by a mad rush for multiple concurrent loans). Dude was on a mission to secure as many loans as possible the last couple days. I'm pretty sure he's bailing.

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
ForgottenPassword

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:23:10 PM

Hmm..... looks like he's taken a ton of other loans as well.

If this does turn out bad be sure to make a very detailed scam accusation thread.  It's possible if he scams that he will probably come back under a new alt to scam more. It's important that all the details are out their in the public domain to prevent him from scamming others in the future.

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:50:29 PM

Hmm..... looks like he's taken a ton of other loans as well.

If this does turn out bad be sure to make a very detailed scam accusation thread.  It's possible if he scams that he will probably come back under a new alt to scam more. It's important that all the details are out their in the public domain to prevent him from scamming others in the future.

There is no "if" about it.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 07:00:28 PM

But for future reference: Those vouchers are NOT worth the collateral, also can be faked (with stolen CC and PP)

Hmm, guess this held true anyway.

ForgottenPassword

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:00:43 PM

There is no "if" about it.

Oh, I know... but it's not a good idea to baselessly accuse people of things. If I had proof I wouldn't be saying "if" but I don't and my suspicions are only my opinion so I'm not going to claim they are facts. The due date isn't even up yet.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: