Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:41:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why cant we build our own miners ? may be an Indian Company ?  (Read 4711 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:49:06 AM

From where can I get low cost server power supplies (used or new) of IBM/Dell/HP.
Is there any place in India selling them offline/online?
I can see it on ebay but are overpriced and most are rejecting orders some days after payment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ravin

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:08:37 AM

From where can I get low cost server power supplies (used or new) of IBM/Dell/HP.
Is there any place in India selling them offline/online?
I can see it on ebay but are overpriced and most are rejecting orders some days after payment.

There are a few people selling them in Bangalore - but last time I checked they will charge you 6-7k for Dell 750w. May not really worth it compared to a PSU unless you have formfactor limitations. Have a look in OLX and talk to them.
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:15:40 AM

If I get a co-buyer there we can order 2 from ebay.com and split 1 for me and one for the other.
For a single one the price is high. If any one ready to buy let me know. I will offer free PCI power supply cable setup in this server psu for you.
ravin

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:16:11 AM

Well obviously the market is not that big compared to other countries. However, why limit yourself to the Indian population. If you actually end up making a miner, why not market it to the world and export it in large numbers. If its ROI is better than others, everyone will buy it.
Agree. This makes sense when you can produce chips in india and build miners - which I think is very unlikely. On the other hand if you are importing components and assembling, we will have price constraints others like BTCGarden, Rockminers does not have. Having said that there can be a startups like Technobit that has very same business model we are talking about.

I don't think there is a big enough market to warrant this effort. There is also a very short life span with quick upgrade cycles. Unless the market gets stabilized don't bank on something like this to happen.
'
This is also a point that I want to validate. How many miners are getting sold here monthly? May be highkart, bitling etc can put some light. But I am sure many others will be ordering directly from bitmain or likes.

Just to put some light, we have enough miners in India to support the initial purchases of any new miner built in India. Most of the miner are not very active on forum. We r doing enough business in miners just to say.

However the difficult part is to keep up with the pace of hardware development at the current stage. A hardware team should be trying and apply new innovation rather than copying the existing designs to be ahead of the curve and keep costs reasonable.

If somebody want to really take an effort we will be more than glad to help them with our sales channel. You can PM us for more discussions.

Thanks for chipping in and appreciate the information sharing.
luckyindia

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:36:27 AM

Miners can b built in India. Globally several SUPERCOMPUTERS have been built on computer Junk-waste. Hundereds of 286 / 386 / 486 Systems are connected in PARALLEL to create a SUPER-COMPUTER. India has tons of computer Junk waste which can b used by school / college students to build an Educational Project- A SUPERCOMPUTER, A BTC MINER
ravin

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:15:06 AM

Miners can b built in India. Globally several SUPERCOMPUTERS have been built on computer Junk-waste. Hundereds of 286 / 386 / 486 Systems are connected in PARALLEL to create a SUPER-COMPUTER. India has tons of computer Junk waste which can b used by school / college students to build an Educational Project- A SUPERCOMPUTER, A BTC MINER

It may be a nice college project. But the issue with 486 machines is that their computational and power efficiency is nowhere near the current ASICs. So even if you get them for free, you will be running in loss from day 1 if your objective is Bitcoin mining.  

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: