Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 03:10:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Circle going live?  (Read 1475 times)
gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:07:03 PM

I got my invite and 10$ free of bitcoin. I didn't see any other threads about it anywhere here or in service announcements or discussion so I'm wondering if it's either a mistake or... don't know...?

http://imgur.com/FJzNvTF

I'm excited

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:24:32 PM

i guess they will launch it "slowly". mr allaire said something like this.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:25:03 PM

I am pretty excited about this too.   I think I am going to open an account there when I am able too.  I am almost more interested in how Coinbase is going to react (as opposed to Circle itself opening).   

It would be a perfect opportunity for Coinbase to launch LTC support to differentiate their features...
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 11:40:09 PM

I am pretty excited about this too.   I think I am going to open an account there when I am able too.  I am almost more interested in how Coinbase is going to react (as opposed to Circle itself opening).   

It would be a perfect opportunity for Coinbase to launch LTC support to differentiate their features...
?? - seriously doubt it.  Litecoin is a failed project based on the notion that mining should be limited to small time CPUs.  Not only is this a worthless misguided notion, scrypt mining is in a runaway state now anyway.  Litecoin offers nothing.  It will be dead soon.  Probably very soon.  It serves no purpose whatever.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:39:20 AM

?? - seriously doubt it.  Litecoin is a failed project based on the notion that mining should be limited to small time CPUs.  Not only is this a worthless misguided notion, scrypt mining is in a runaway state now anyway.  Litecoin offers nothing.  It will be dead soon.  Probably very soon.  It serves no purpose whatever.

Keep focused sparkey. Has anyone else received a circle invite?

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:48:19 AM

I'm keen to see where this is going.

I'll see how it goes, I may or may not open an account.

I'm not sure what to think of it.
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:55:37 AM

When did you register in circle more or less?
gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:02:04 AM

May 19th was when I registered.

rz20
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:04:04 AM

May 19th was when I registered.
I registered on May 17th Undecided And no invitation yet.
MineForeman.com
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 02:07:00 AM

I may be daft here... but circle seems like a lot of hype and promises.

What does it actually do?  Very good market speak so far is the main product.

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
rz20
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:24:24 AM

You can buy bitcoins with credit card instantly what seems cool. If I want to buy bitcoins I need to wait for the bank transfer to arrive while in circle it is done inmediatly.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:44:58 AM

No fees is the main draw.  I wont buy from coinbase again after I get my invite.  I registered on May 22nd.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:12:47 AM

Got my invite today and just signed up. Been using Circle for about five minutes, and so far it's....fantastic.

The UI is great/easy. After signing in, I got dumped straight into my account pre-loaded with $10 worth of bitcoin. I instantly added a credit-card as a funding source, and added a bank-account (awaiting the micro-deposit verification).

Then I sent 0.001BTC of my free 0.016BTC to my Android wallet, and (unlike Coinbase), the transaction hit the blockchain *immediately*.

This is going to be a killer product. And it's global. And they're giving away $10 worth of BTC free to everyone. Furthermore, one of the biggest things is that Circle (unlike Coinbase) doesn't charge any fees for converting dollars/bitcoin between your Circle account and bank account or credit-cards.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:19:39 AM

Got my invite today and just signed up. Been using Circle for about five minutes, and so far it's....fantastic.

The UI is great/easy. After signing in, I got dumped straight into my account pre-loaded with $10 worth of bitcoin. I instantly added a credit-card as a funding source, and added a bank-account (awaiting the micro-deposit verification).

Then I sent 0.001BTC of my free 0.016BTC to my Android wallet, and (unlike Coinbase), the transaction hit the blockchain *immediately*.

This is going to be a killer product. And it's global. And they're giving away $10 worth of BTC free to everyone. Furthermore, one of the biggest things is that Circle (unlike Coinbase) doesn't charge any fees for converting dollars/bitcoin between your Circle account and bank account or credit-cards.

I just hope their usd/btc rate isn't higher than most exchanges to counter the "no fees" transactions.

Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:24:10 AM

Are you sure it's global?  Once they've fully launched, will someone in Canada or someone in Italy be able to open a Circle account and immediately buy bitcoin with their credit card?  

I get talking to people on a regular basis about bitcoin (e.g., at a pub or a wedding, etc.) and if I could simply sign them up to a Circle account right then and if they could instantly buy bitcoins with their credit card, that would be a very good thing!

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
MineForeman.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 03:25:39 AM

What does it actually do?  Very good market speak so far is the main product.

It sounds cool, don't get me wrong... I think that bitcoin has just jaded me to things being new.

It is a wallet that you can fund with your credit card and there are no fee's.  Very cool, it is just not something really new like bitcoin (the real killer app).  They have just stuck a few old things together and included bitcoin.  Still, I will probably get an account... it is just not new new, it is sort of new old Tongue .

Neil

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
Melbustus
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:29:51 AM

Are you sure it's global?...

I shoulda qualified that; not sure if it is *right now* or not, but that's the plan according to everything Jeremy Allaire has said. Given his history in tech, and who Circle's VC partners are, I generally think they'll make good on those promises (if they haven't already).

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Melbustus
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:32:50 AM

What does it actually do?  Very good market speak so far is the main product.

It sounds cool, don't get me wrong... I think that bitcoin has just jaded me to things being new.

It is a wallet that you can fund with your credit card and there are no fee's.  Very cool, it is just not something really new like bitcoin (the real killer app).  They have just stuck a few old things together and included bitcoin.  Still, I will probably get an account... it is just not new new, it is sort of new old Tongue .

Neil

Correct. But bitcoin's usage and market value both have to rise significantly for it to fulfill its potential as a truly global currency and store of value; one that meaningfully reduces net demand for fiat.

Easy to use tools with no fees that give you free money are a great start to onboarding millions of "normal" users.

MineForeman.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 03:38:04 AM

Easy to use tools with no fees that give you free money are a great start to onboarding millions of "normal" users.

Like I said, very cool.

Not cool enough for me to trade in my new trust-less peer-to-peer currency for, very cool none the less.  It is perhaps a step backwards to centralising things if it gets really big but.. yeah cool.

Neil

Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:50:28 AM

Like I said, very cool.

Not cool enough for me to trade in my new trust-less peer-to-peer currency for, very cool none the less.  It is perhaps a step backwards to centralising things if it gets really big but.. yeah cool.

Neil

I look at this more as a gateway to get more mainstream users into bitcoin, and for this reason I think it's only a good thing and not a step backwards at all.  I don't see how it competes with bitcoin itself in any way; in fact, I would expect newbie bitcoin users to graduate to more decentralized tools as they become experienced.  But to take adoption to the next level, we first need to make it easy to purchase and secure bitcoins for non-tech savvy users.  

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: