Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:44:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cancel transaction  (Read 651 times)
alham (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:06:39 AM

Hello,
I've tried to read how to cancel transactions but seem to find differing suggestions.  Seems like the restoring the wallet was the only one that made sense to me.  Here is my issue:

I sent BC to an address that expired before I could send (they give you 15 min, but I was too slow with my offline computer, blah blah).

Anyway, I broadcasted and now up to 9 confirmations - but the merchant emailed that the transaction expired (going through coinbase).

How do I cancel my transaction so I get my BC back?
Thank you!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:09:07 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 01:12:06 AM by franky1

you cant, you have to contact coinbase to get them to give the funds to the merchant. tell coinbase the name of the merchant you dealt with, tell them the address you sent it to

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:25:00 AM

With coinbase, if you send coins to the address that has expired then the coins still go to the merchant. They just don't payout to banks automatically. The merchant will receive an email about a expired transaction and will receive the coins. The purpose of expiring the transactions is to prevent people from locking in a price and then waiting for the price of btc to go down and make a quick and easy buck on coinbase. When coinbase shows your price and the amount that of btc to send then coinbase is guaranteeing the price for 15 minutes no matter how hard the market crashes or rises. The merchant has your coins... Sounds like they are trying to pull one over you... I'd contact them and then coinbase about the matter.  

http://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1544747-what-happens-if-a-merchant-payment-window-expires-

alham (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:36:19 AM

I don't believe the merchant got the funds from coinbase yet.  I've emailed them like franky1 suggested and will update this thread (with hopefully useful info).

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: