Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:58:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool announcements  (Read 566 times)
minerpools (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 02:09:48 AM

Hi everyone,

As many of you know, pool advertising in Ann threads is banned, however, we do not know how much is it actually banned, and that's one of the reasons I'm starting this thread.

Pools provide a service for both miners and coin devs, we host and provide user feedback and support most of the times, some pool ops such as ocminer have even helped developing new hashing modules.

By completely banning pool anns in threads you will affect a lot of people, this is our job, hosting and managing mining pools. However it's understandable from the mods point of view that they don't want Spam on the forums, therefore here's what I propose:

• Pool ops should be allowed to post once in a thread to announce a pool setup for a specific coin
  • Pools should not be allowed to post several times the same info over and over again.
  • Pools should not post anns with large fonts in colors and graphics, let's keep it simple and clean for everyone.

i think that by appending those small rules we can both reduce the spam on forums but without affecting so many people that would be affected by this ban.

Just my 2c.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptoday.info

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:50:24 AM

Hi everyone,

• Pool ops should be allowed to post once in a thread to announce a pool setup for a specific coin
  • Pools should not be allowed to post several times the same info over and over again.
  • Pools should not post anns with large fonts in colors and graphics, let's keep it simple and clean for everyone.

i think that by appending those small rules we can both reduce the spam on forums but without affecting so many people that would be affected by this ban.

Just my 2c.

Hey,

I agree, maybe for once we should request as all pools together to have this change in policy.
Based on this, all pools should obide by these rules.
I would suggest an exception:
A *small* pool logo should be allowed for the convenience of the miner to see when a pool is UP, so not for advertising. This would mean that the logo only appears once when a pool goes up.
I would not consider this spam, since this is what the audience is actually waiting for, and the exact purpose why they are looking at the thread in the first place.

Best Regards,

CrypToday

Pool Op2

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:19:21 AM

Lightninghash.com here and I agree with you.

Pool ops should be allowed to post once in a thread to announce a pool setup for a specific coin
Pools should not be allowed to post several times the same info over and over again.
Pools should not post anns with large fonts in colors and graphics, let's keep it simple and clean for everyone.

These are good rules.

The mods are doing a huge disservice to the mining community.
Also I am confused on the new rules and want some clarification.

They deleted a lot of my posts but left others up.

Multi-Pool Auto Switching at http://lightninghash.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: