Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:10:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Bitcoin did for me  (Read 1731 times)
cozk (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:30:21 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 03:04:22 AM by cozk

Long story short, started trading BTC in 2011, continued when D3 came out, traded Diablo 3 gold for BTC and by paypal too. I was a diablo botter (old school mmbot on D2 LOD and naturally botted D3 when it came out)

Didnt know much about them back then, was just stacking them for the fun of it. Also sold a lot more stuff via paypal in these years too.

Recently educated myself on the mechanics and made a little excursion in mining for fun.

Anyways, i am now 23 years old student, will be a lawyer in a year and can afford almost anything i need without even needing to ''work''.

Have a big ass apartment packed with stainless appliances, car, live better than most my friend and all of this self earned. Have not had a job in more than a year.

Having piles of cash also feels good.

Just wanted to share, don't hate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jfrenchy

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:52:36 AM

lawyers  Roll Eyes
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:01:34 AM

BS here is so strong i can smell it over the internet. Damn.
cozk (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:03:54 AM

Sure... don't hesitate to share your story too.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:05:46 AM

lawyer test.

describe the difference between a "law" and an "legal act". without copy and pasting from some google search.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
cozk (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:11:09 AM

lawyer test.

describe the difference between "lawful" and "legal". without copy and pasting from some google search

Actually as i explained in a previous post about a month ago i am from QC, Canada.

Meaning that we have a dualist legal tradition. Our formation is on Canadian comon law and French civil law. Quebec has a dualist legal system, English public law (individual - state relations) and French civil private law ( relations between individuals). We mainly work with the Civil Code of Quebec and the Criminal code (federal).

Plus i am not used to english legal terms, QC is a french speaking province.

Plus if i wanted to answer your question googling it would have been easy lol. Did a 2 sec search and the diff. is that a legal act is authorized by statute law (aka wirtten text) as opposed to a lawful act which is authorized by case law (aka Comon law).

This is a pretty bad lawyer test btw. Better one would be something like what is the difference between administrative law/courts and judicial law/courts.
_Dave

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:25:04 AM

I first heard about BTC back in 2010. I installed and set up Multibit back in 2011, and promptly did nothing with it. Never even grabbed anything from a faucet. Didn't know they existed. Just saw various random posts in weird places. "Oh look, that person is giving that other person some of those internet point things." I remember going to MtGox very early on, back when BTC maybe a few dimes or a dollar or something. They wanted me to wire some money halfway around the world. Wasn't worth the risk to me to get some internet point tokens that I'd be handing out to people I'd never met.

The computer I installed it on went into storage, and I didn't open it again for a long time.

Then when BTC hit $30ish, I figured they were on top of some colossal bubble that was going to crash. BTC was going to be worthless. I figured I was seeing the end of the magic internet point system. That didn't happen. I started a new job, and went back to ignoring it.

Suddenly, it was November of 2013. I had stabilized myself financially, and BTC wasn't ignorable anymore.

I bought .1 BTC in November through CoinBase, at $700/BTC. I watched it climb and climb and climb, and then crash. In a panic, I transferred the value of my BTC to LTC, which crashed a lot harder. I converted my .1BTC to 3LTC, and then over the next few months, I watched the BTC/LTC value diminish more and more.

Since then I've been reading a lot and researching a lot of things and I'm at about .5 BTC across several wallets in Electrum, although I'm trying to get an Armory setup going on my Linux Mint machine. Never really used Linux prior to this, other than a few Live CDs used for data recovery and testing. I've also been talking to others about BTC to see if I can't seed the idea in their mind that maybe there might be something to this whole thing, something more than a get-rich-quick scheme, although you could probably do it if you're clever enough.

All in all, it's been fun.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:28:08 AM

well.. you failed

i prefer to know lawyers that dont just brush over a high school explanation, or a google search, i prefer lawyers that see something, learn the basic meaning, dig deeper to understand the context and origins, EG which holds more power, which can be truly enforced no matter what, and which can be sidestepped or ignored.

so goodluck in your endeavors.

i will ask one last question..

do you know the difference between a normal court room, and queens bench

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
cozk (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:34:09 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 03:44:38 AM by cozk

I first heard about BTC back in 2010. I installed and set up Multibit back in 2011, and promptly did nothing with it. Never even grabbed anything from a faucet. Didn't know they existed. Just saw various random posts in weird places. "Oh look, that person is giving that other person some of those internet point things." I remember going to MtGox very early on, back when BTC maybe a few dimes or a dollar or something. They wanted me to wire some money halfway around the world. Wasn't worth the risk to me to get some internet point tokens that I'd be handing out to people I'd never met.

The computer I installed it on went into storage, and I didn't open it again for a long time.

Then when BTC hit $30ish, I figured they were on top of some colossal bubble that was going to crash. BTC was going to be worthless. I figured I was seeing the end of the magic internet point system. That didn't happen. I started a new job, and went back to ignoring it.

Suddenly, it was November of 2013. I had stabilized myself financially, and BTC wasn't ignorable anymore.

I bought .1 BTC in November through CoinBase, at $700/BTC. I watched it climb and climb and climb, and then crash. In a panic, I transferred the value of my BTC to LTC, which crashed a lot harder. I converted my .1BTC to 3LTC, and then over the next few months, I watched the BTC/LTC value diminish more and more.

Since then I've been reading a lot and researching a lot of things and I'm at about .5 BTC across several wallets in Electrum, although I'm trying to get an Armory setup going on my Linux Mint machine. Never really used Linux prior to this, other than a few Live CDs used for data recovery and testing. I've also been talking to others about BTC to see if I can't seed the idea in their mind that maybe there might be something to this whole thing, something more than a get-rich-quick scheme, although you could probably do it if you're clever enough.

Good stuff.

well.. you failed

i prefer to know lawyers that dont just brush over a high school explanation, or a google search, i prefer lawyers that see something, learn the basic meaning, dig deeper to understand the context and origins, EG which holds more power, which can be truly enforced no matter what, and which can be sidestepped or ignored.

so goodluck in your endeavors.

i will ask one last question..

No such thing in Quebec. This was wiped with the Quebec Act in 1775 ish. I believe you do not grasp the importance of the Qc's dualist system.

You also don't seems to understand how they teach law in university. Its not a history class (they sometime do a quick history introduction) or the difference between this and that is...

We analyse and study legislative texts, the procedure, the interpretation, the "jurisprudence", administrative law, etc.

A good question any lawyer in QC would know is what is the difference between "réputé'' and ''présumé'' in the Civil Code of Québec. Pretty basic.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:27:19 AM

We analyse and study legislative texts, the procedure, the interpretation, the "jurisprudence", administrative law, etc.

dig deeper to understand the context and origins,

EG which holds more power, which can be truly enforced no matter what, and which can be sidestepped or ignored.

well as i said i prefer people to dig deeper. and it seems you are not analysing the interpretation of legislative text.

No such thing in Quebec. This was wiped with the Quebec Act in 1775 ish. I believe you do not grasp the importance of the Qc's dualist system.

your superior court got wiped out in 1775.. lol

You also don't seems to understand how they teach law in university. Its not a history class (they sometime do a quick history introduction) or the difference between this and that is...

i never asked about history, i asked about up-to-date and fully functioning legal and law systems of today

you do realise that i was trying to be subtle to test not only your basic knowledge, but your interpretations of what i say. and also not wording it to be easy. so if i said if you knew the difference between a "Court of Quebec" and the "Superior court". i would have made it too simple for you.

but basically you appear to be of basic legal and lawful understanding that does not analyse and interpret much to know the meanings of what is being said. i prefer lawyers that dont just read the words, but truly know what they mean, why they are there and what purpose they have.

so one last time. ill make it easy
there acts of law, and then there is legal statutes. which holds more authoritative weight?
if you knew the difference between a "Court of Quebec" and the "Superior court"?

NRF

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:35:53 AM

there acts of law, and then there is legal statutes. which holds more authoritative weight?
if you knew the difference between a "Court of Quebec" and the "Superior court"?

You seem to believe you are the final arbotor of truth on the internet Frackly... you have been drinking your own cool-aid too much dude.

Why do you believe someone has to authenticate themselves with you?  Believe it or not, you opinion is just that, and not actually worth any more than anyone else's.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:56:38 AM

You seem to believe you are the final arbotor of truth on the internet Frackly... you have been drinking your own cool-aid too much dude.

Why do you believe someone has to authenticate themselves with you?  Believe it or not, you opinion is just that, and not actually worth any more than anyone else's.

you will find that unlike some, im not afraid to ask questions. i have many clients some seeking multiple skills and in this case i seen a guy that said he was becoming a lawyer, so i wanted to test him out to see if he was any good. as for the other people in the community, there has been a large influx of scammers and people pretending to be genius programmers, whom i later find out that they are dead-weight. so its easier to catch them early.

im just someone who is not afraid to hold back, as many seem to blindly trust others and get lead down the dark path.

i have in MANY occasions helped out numerous people, invested lots in many projects and gave people subtle hints to help them along... yea i can be subtle when i want to be.

a forum after all is for public discussion and debate. so holding back info, not asking questions, not helping, not being public.. is kind of the opposite to what a forum is designed for. if you want me to be happy and agreeable with everything people write. i can send people to a website that when they write a message, they get an auto reply that tells you how great you are.

but going back to this topics scenario. if i simply said i am looking to employ a lawyer soon. it would change the whole atmosphere and the guys responses would be completely different..

you can learn alot about someones character by not being obvious to your intentions

NRF

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:04:57 AM

you will find that unlike some, im not afraid to ask questions. i have many clients some seeking multiple skills and in this case i seen a guy that said h was becoming a lawyer, so i wanted to test him out to see if he was any good.

as for the other people in the community, there has been a large influx of scammers and people pretending to be genius programmers, whomi later find out that they are dead-weight. so its easier to catch them early.

im just someone who is not afraid to hold back, as many seem to blindly trust others and get lead down the dark path.

i have in MANY occasions helped out numerous people, invested lots in many projects and gave people subtle hints to help them along... yea i can be subtle when i want to be.

a forum after all is for public discussion and debate. so holding back info, not asking questions, not helping, not being public.. is kind of the opposite to what a forum is designed for.

if you want me to be happy and agreeable with everything people write. i can them to a website that when they write a message, they get an auto reply that tells you how great you are.

Okdokey.... you really believe that it is your job to hunt down injustice on the bitcointalk forums?

Do you wear a spandex costume while you do it?  How does someone enter you "League of Internet super truth dude's"? 

Do you even realize how ridiculous you sound?
pirsquared

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:08:17 AM

I love these stories. Thank you for sharing.

If you HODL store it CODL!
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:14:52 AM

Okdokey.... you really believe that it is your job to hunt down injustice on the bitcointalk forums?

Do you wear a spandex costume while you do it?  How does someone enter you "League of Internet super truth dude's"?  

Do you even realize how ridiculous you sound?

not my job to hunt down scammers.. but it seems everyone else seems too scared to call people out that are scammers.

and by the way, this topic i was not trying to scam hunt, i was actually trying to recruit.. but as i said i dont shout out my intentions. the problem with looking for employee's and projects to invest in is that you come across alot of scammers..

my role is as a recruiter/investor.. im just not shy to point out and warn people when i come across a scammer.

and lastly your the one saying "league of..." and "spandex", words i have never used before so ill just leave you to realize who is ridiculous

have a nice day

NRF

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:23:42 AM

im just not shy to point out and warn people when i come across a scammer.

And this guy saying he was a lawyer in training activated your spidey sense no doubt.  Don't get me wrong, I despise scammers as much as the next guy but it is not your job to engage in 20 questions with anyone who posts anything (like you did) just in case ONE DAY they might be a scammer.

People in this day and age are considered innocent of a crime by merely expressing their views, there is no need for your questions sorry.
BTCjust

Activity: 241

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:23:46 AM

thaks for your sharing.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 09:59:50 AM

lucky guy.

maybe you should be a "bitcoin lawyer". could have potential in the future  Smiley

gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:02:06 AM

it was very good and better real-world work and wish you success into good lawyer Smiley

I'm becoming unemployed and is now relying on the crowd and the bitcoin market can make money pile up Smiley
Ilsk
Legendary

Activity: 833
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:09:49 AM

I hope I can share a cool story like yours in a couple of years.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: