Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:00:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GABI to start trading on 9/1  (Read 3400 times)
Raystonn (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:10:35 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/market-monthly-stable-bitcoin/

For market watchers who want to test Magnotti’s theory, he’s planning to start trading at the start of September, so mark your calendars.
Raystonn (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:21:37 AM

So now we have two dates for GABI.  One article said they will "launch" tomorrow, 8/1.  This new article says they will start "trading" on 9/1.  I don't know if there has been a mistake in one of the articles, or if it will launch tomorrow, but not buy its first set of Bitcoins until 9/1.
Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:31:41 AM

So now we have two dates for GABI.  One article said they will "launch" tomorrow, 8/1.  This new article says they will start "trading" on 9/1.  I don't know if there has been a mistake in one of the articles, or if it will launch tomorrow, but not buy its first set of Bitcoins until 9/1.

This article says they will launch tomorrow and begin accepting subscriptions, but they plan to start trading at the beginning of September. According to the article, they've had heavy interest and are expecting $200MM under management in a year's time.

...from Jean Marie Mognetti, a partner at Global Advisor, which is launching a hedge fund regulated by Jersey authorities that will open for subscriptions on 1st August...

...he’s planning to start trading at the start of September, so mark your calendars.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:21:27 AM

they've had heavy interest and are expecting $200MM under management in a year's time.

Is the $200MM pure speculation by them or do they have confirmed some amount?

arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:46:10 AM

they've had heavy interest and are expecting $200MM under management in a year's time.

That is a lot of money added to the system.

They might be waiting for a correction. The rest of us can buy on every dip and sell on every 10-20% rally.
jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:33:49 PM

So now we have two dates for GABI.  One article said they will "launch" tomorrow, 8/1.  This new article says they will start "trading" on 9/1.  I don't know if there has been a mistake in one of the articles, or if it will launch tomorrow, but not buy its first set of Bitcoins until 9/1.

Maybe investors can start putting money into this fund now, and in a month they will start actively trading with those funds.  Either way, it looks like its already positive impact on price this morning!
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:07:58 PM

It's their most considered estimate - so yes it's a wild pulled out of the ar*e guess
siggy

Activity: 381

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:12:26 PM

OK.. so on the front of pure unsubstantiated speculation....

1) buy OTC, sell on market to drive price down, setting artificially low "opening price"
2) "open fund"
3) buy on market for 30 days driving the price up
4) produce slick marketing campaign:  " GABI UP 50% IN FIRST MONTH !!!! "
5) open fund for trading
6) profit.

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:19:18 PM

1) buy OTC, sell on market to drive price down, setting artificially low "opening price"
2) "open fund"
5) open fund for trading
6) profit.

I speculated exactly that during the strange 'crash' earlier this week. With such trivial amounts of coins moving the price on exchange, manipulation is easy for now anyway.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 02:20:30 PM

2) "open fund"
5) open fund for trading
6) profit.

Good idea but won't happen with perma-hodlers such as myself. During the last bubble some smartass attempted to buy a couple of bitcoins directly from me. I knew the prices would be much higher in 4 days that it would take to get the cash to the exchange and buy back the bitcoins. So I asked 20% higher price for the coins than the current market price was. The guy got pissed and said I'm asking too much. He later bought the coins with a credit card, I believe using btc-dealer.com (now defunct). Protip: when selling bitcoins OTC, always take a shit load of premium!

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
gotmilk_

Activity: 442

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:34:59 PM

2) "open fund"
5) open fund for trading
6) profit.

This! Easy money...
vuduchyld

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:48:07 PM

2) "open fund"
5) open fund for trading
6) profit.

Well, this is the forum for unsubstantiated speculation!  I think you might be onto something.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:21:26 AM

2) "open fund"
5) open fund for trading
6) profit.

This! Easy money...

B-I-N-G-O! B-I-N-G-O! B-I-N-G-O! BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!! To make matters worse, I think everybody mistimed the event because they jumped in heavy on the downturn expecting GABI would bring us up in the next week. This is entirely a guess.

jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:09:55 PM

Does everyone think this will increase price?  The more I think about it, this may just bring about higher price fluctuations, especially if they get in the 10's of millions to trade with.  They could easily swing the market by a few %, and as long as they knew when the dump/pump was coming, they could make lots of money without needing the price to go up.  The more I think about large investment firms "bringing money in" the more I think the price will not rise, only fluctuate more, and in faster time periods
Raystonn (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:14:00 PM

Think of all the money in IRA accounts that can go long on the COIN ETF, but are forbidden from buying on margin or shorting due to IRA rules.
Probability

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:09:38 PM

2) "open fund"
5) open fund for trading
6) profit.

Well, this is the forum for unsubstantiated speculation!  I think you might be onto something.

siggy the prophet?
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 08:45:36 PM

2) "open fund"
5) open fund for trading
6) profit.

I would not be surprised if this happens

spacehopper

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:41:05 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/market-monthly-stable-bitcoin/

For market watchers who want to test Magnotti’s theory, he’s planning to start trading at the start of September, so mark your calendars.

The start of September could just as easily mean 9/7 as the 9/1. Why does this thread's title specifically say GABI to start trading on 9/1 when it's not for certain?

maker88

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:45:24 PM

...the start of september is the first time that it is september. aka the first day of september.
Damnyo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:52:55 PM

What the hell is GABI?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: