Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:42:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Respectable members of BTCtalk. Can u make use of a Mobo/Ram/Processor/HD combo?  (Read 1049 times)
MrThePlague (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:52:26 AM

Little out of the ordinary topic then what's usually seen I'm sure Smiley

So after a little spring cleaning, I came across my remaining Mobo/Ram/Processor setup I had used for a GPU rig 6 months ago or so. At that time I had sold off all my mining equipment (or so I thought..), but I guess this setup was overlooked and forgotten about as I still have one setup left. I also have a very small capacity HD (Maybe 50 gigs?). I am unsure of the exact space, but I do remember it was enough for a Windows OS install and Mining programs (Small, but just big enough to dedicate strictly to mining)

ANYWAY....

Before making any plans as to what I should do with this (sell it, let it collect dust, etc..) I figured I'd check here and see if any respectable members of this forum can honestly put this setup to good use. I would happily send it to a member who (I would hope..) isn't just asking for it simply because it's being offered, with no intention on using it themselves or with the intent on turning around to sell it as soon as you receive it. I say respectable members as I would trust a honest regular's word that they could use it, then a fresh account that hasn't made a reputation here yet. I am sure shipping wouldn't be expensive at all, so much so that I can probably cover that cost, however if you are the individual receiving this, I would absolutely appreciate you covering some or all of the shipping costs if possible. I am not looking for any personal profit for these, and since I know the first thing that pops into people's minds is a possible scam (stealing the shipping costs sent to me), I am not making the shipping costs a requirement. After all is said and done, if you are willing to trust me with the shipping costs that would be great. If not, I understand completely and will still send it your way regardless! (The number of scammers on some areas of this forum are astounding, so I certainly don't take it personal if I'm not trusted!)

I am not sure yet how I will choose the individual to send this to (assuming many are interested, for all I know nobody may be..). I am going to try and choose the person who I believe will honestly put it to good personal use and not just resell it at my expense. That being said, someone explaining their need for it will likely catch my eye more then someone posting simply "Yeah I want it." :-P

I will post specs of what Mobo/Processor/Ram/HD specifically I have later on today once I am back home. I realize an offer for something at no cost on a forum can go either way as far as peoples intentions asking for it. This forum and it's members have been very helpful and kind to me during my mining hay-day, so the thought that someone can use these parts to assemble another GPU rig makes me feel better then the alternative, which I forse is just collecting dust at the bottom of a box in my basement :-P

Currently no GPU's or PSU's, however I am still cleaning slowly but surely, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that I will find one or both of those eventually. If that happens, I will add it in the mix if it's something you can use. Also I may have one or several PCI risers as well. Again, if they are sincerely needed I can add them. However if you have no use for them I'd rather keep them to offer to the next guy in need.

I also still have a stockpile of the custom GPU cases I made months back (Very professional craftsmanship... not to toot my own horn or anything :-P  ). If you need a case, I will do my best to include one for you. The only reason I am unsure of including the case is simply because of the shipping costs associated with it. If you can pay the shipping costs exactly (you can even buy the label yourself and send it to me to print out, to prove I am not looking to profit on it) then I will absolutely hook you up with any version of the GPU cases I have, as well as a custom paint job in any of the 10 or so colors I have currently in stock. I've also got some fan's and custom switches I can throw in as well. I can wire the switches up for you and even make a custom fitting in the case to hold said switches if you don't know how to do the wiring yourself.

I hope this gets put to good use by a good hearted member!

Also, encase location is needed, I am located in Northern Virginia, USA. Which is where I would ship from. So USA requests only please. I have no problem with international requests, however I'm afraid I would require that individual to pay shipping costs, as I am sure it'll be more expensive then sending it domestically.

My Rep: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209239.msg2191317#msg2191317
BTC: 1A412oChzSsVYXgXThTWFEh8uCg25EBxov
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:21:42 PM

I am definitely interested as a GPU miner holdout.  Cheesy I have a mobo that is on it's way out. And I am in need of a new one. Let me know how many PCI-E slots it has and we can go from there. If you need pictures if my GPU set-up let me know.

Chad

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:19:39 PM

I am currently running a mining farm out of my apartment for the Altcoin I've created.

Recently burned out my original GPU rig and have run out of funds to purchase another; We have investors supplying new rigs, but the original powerhouse (a Quad 290X rig) is sitting dead and is sorry to look at.

Currently taking a break at work, will post pictures later. Been working on making my miner wall mounted, so having working parts is the next step.

Whoever gets this can hopefully put it to good use - Great to see someone as generous as yourself. Good luck finding someone!
Karn

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:51:59 PM

I could definitely use the Mobo/Processor/Ram. Right now my mining rig is made out of a 10 year old emachines I had in my closet with an Athlon 64 X2. Had to add a jumper to make 2nd gpu slot even work. It has developed a problem and cut's off randomly I have tested every part that can be swapped to my main computer so I'm down to Mobo must be the problem. I'd be happy to send pic's of my getto rig if you would like lol   

“But it's a poor fellow who can't take his pleasure without asking other people's permission.” ― Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
MrThePlague (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:01:03 AM

Wow, between the posts in this thread and the PM's received, the turn out was much higher then I ever anticipated :-P

I will make the decision tomorrow afternoon once I go through one last area in my house which might contain more accessories then I thought I had sitting around. Currently have two sets of the mobo/processor/ram then just the one initially, which I'll happily hand out as well. I also am starting to remember a possible Mobo/Processor (no ram) combo I hope to find tonight. So 2, possibily 3 people i'll be able to hook up. Everyone else I do apologize.

Check back around mid afternoon EST tomorrow fellas~!

MrThePlague (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:23:25 AM

Forgot to mention, so far what I know I have is:

2 x GIGABYTE 970A-DS3 Motherboards (Which hold 4 GPU's)
2 x AMD Sempron Processors (2.8GHz I believe)
6 or 8 gigs of ram. Unsure of the type (whichever would work for this Mobo). That 6 - 8 would be split between the two Mobo's so 3 - 4 gigs each.
1 (possibly 2) 7200 RPM Hard Drives. Nothing huge, but enough for Windows 7 as well as all your mining tools.

Numerous Fans as well if your worried about the heat at your mining location becoming an issue.

I'll post the 3rd Mobo/Processor specs (which I would hope to find tonight) tomorrow afternoon as soon as I know

incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:17:29 PM

Well i see you got quite some response!
anyway, i would love to get those mobos to put in use in my setup.
i am curently designing a system to heat up my house,water and to melt away snow in my garden when winter comes :-)
europe is cold and my country is even colder, lol :-)
my goal is to be able to provide enough heat for the poor people here that have trouble paying their elec bill in winter, its no reason why there should be anyone freesing cause no money for elec :-)
Regards

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
Karn

Activity: 434

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:56:55 PM

Are they still available?

“But it's a poor fellow who can't take his pleasure without asking other people's permission.” ― Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:06:28 AM

Wow, between the posts in this thread and the PM's received, the turn out was much higher then I ever anticipated :-P

I will make the decision tomorrow afternoon once I go through one last area in my house which might contain more accessories then I thought I had sitting around. Currently have two sets of the mobo/processor/ram then just the one initially, which I'll happily hand out as well. I also am starting to remember a possible Mobo/Processor (no ram) combo I hope to find tonight. So 2, possibily 3 people i'll be able to hook up. Everyone else I do apologize.

Check back around mid afternoon EST tomorrow fellas~!

Thank you! Will do!

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
firejuan

Activity: 256

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 01:37:57 AM

Hopefully, he will post when he has made his decision.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: