Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:39:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Secret Bitcoin Project has been unvieled as Stellar  (Read 4156 times)
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 08:52:11 AM

Well, thats exactly what my opinion is. I dont trust Stellar as it has nothing new to offer. And personally I believe whatever happened to Ripple by Jed's liquidation news is irreparable and it was huge blow to ripple.

But that does not make Stellar or Jed scam.

Regards

True it's not a scam as I've gotten 2 btc from their giveaway in 2 days.  Cheesy

Embarrassed

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 08:53:26 AM

The biggest question Jed will have to answer is why he has left Ripple for Stellar as I can not see any principle difference between both of them.

So there must be something that Jed was not comfortable in Ripple which every ripple backer must know.

As far as Stellar concerns, why I will trust Jed with Stellar as I have seen him doing pretty bad to ripple.

To those who yell scam, please read a bit about it. Its not scam, but you are your own well wisher to choose if its good or another me me altcoin saga. It is backed by some real awesome team and before birth has secured 3M$ trade/investment with Stripe which is quiet remarkable to begin with.

Regards

Am gonna scream scam as well mate.

I love Jed as well, but this time, this is an unnecessary build.
It has nothing significantly innovative to offer, so it will become just another product like alt-coins.

Marketing and tiny features aside, this screams of scam. Especially since they are already being sold after being procured for free.

Well, thats exactly what my opinion is. I dont trust Stellar as it has nothing new to offer. And personally I believe whatever happened to Ripple by Jed's liquidation news is irreparable and it was huge blow to ripple.

Regards

Yeah, may have been an innocent build up to this one.

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:45:43 AM

Don't really see anything interesting in this. Ripple itself is flawed with the heavy centralization.

Some are making a quick money on the back of this. Don't fall for it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:40:01 AM

Regards

True it's not a scam as I've gotten 2 btc from their giveaway in 2 days.  Cheesy

How many verified FB accounts u have ? Wink

I hardly use FB, I've told friends to do this and I gave them some funds Smiley
So they kept spreading it to get more funds..
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:19:02 PM

Regards

How many verified FB accounts u have ? Wink

ah... thanks Pankaj. Thats an awesome idea. Why dont I do the same ? Kiss

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:59:24 PM

2BTC - That's a lot of helpful friends.  Smiley
vaisajne (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:22:20 PM

Stellar has rallied big shots behind them.Keith Rabois,co-founder of PayPal, Stripe CEO Patrick Collison, YCombinator president Sam Altman, Mt. Gox creator Jed McCaleb, AngelList cofounder and CEO Naval Ravikant, cofounder of Dogecoin Jackson Palmer, and Matt Mullenweg, founder of WordPress, among others.

http://www.businessinsider.in/PayPals-Cofounder-Is-Supporting-A-New-Non-Profit-That-Will-Tackle-The-Vision-PayPal-Never-Accomplished/articleshow/39375145.cms

techguy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:53:48 PM

i.e., Around 330 friends each contributing back their first 1000 STR to him.

@ 5000 STR = 0.03 BTC
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:57:31 PM

@ 5000 STR = 0.03 BTC

No just 50 friends,got 6950 from each of them and I sold them at around 165000 rate
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:02:51 PM

@ 5000 STR = 0.03 BTC

No just 50 friends,got 6950 from each of them and I sold them at around 165000 rate

Dont u think Stellar value may rise in future ?

suchnekky

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:44:52 AM

stellar wallet

gn7MVuNiyqnNPNB8mt4Vu6ELhAFkn8MpPk

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:45:59 PM

Free stellar to all facebook users.... reminds me of something else - Auroracoin

The currency was ‘airdropped’ to Iceland’s citizens in late March, with 31.8 auroracoin allocated to each citizen who had registered. The few that claimed their coins are thought to have immediately sold them off and the price of the coin never recovered after plummeting on its first day in circulation.
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:31:15 PM

This looks like a very impressive team / board. I think this may go places, but its right for everyone to be skeptical as i dont see how we can mine /mint or get Stellars. Got them for free, so no harm in holding them i suppose!?

BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:40:43 PM

This looks like a very impressive team / board. I think this may go places, but its right for everyone to be skeptical as i dont see how we can mine /mint or get Stellars. Got them for free, so no harm in holding them i suppose!?

Stellar cant be mined. It is maintained by a consensus algorithm rather than mining. Details: https://www.stellar.org/blog/introducing-stellar/#consensus

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:47:31 AM

They started with 6000 Stellars per account and now have dropped it to 125. Shows how they just wanted the initial push and then intend to push th eprice up and create artificial scarcity. Would be interesting to see how long this one stays relevant.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:51:17 AM

They started with 6000 Stellars per account and now have dropped it to 125. Shows how they just wanted the initial push and then intend to push th eprice up and create artificial scarcity. Would be interesting to see how long this one stays relevant.

As long as Jed is backing the project, I'll keep HODLing my Stellar Smiley

vaisajne (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:04:54 AM

Official Announcement by Stellar

We've been having to waitlist our signups over the past week, which has been tough for everyone. It's meant that many people haven't been able to have access to the network. So starting tomorrow, we're getting rid of the waitlist entirely and funding everyone with a starter amount of stellars upon connecting with Facebook. This starter amount will be enough to start exploring Stellar and experience sending transactions.

Introducing Invites

The Stellar community has grown faster than anything I have seen. It is full of amazing folks who have been chipping in to help translate, bug fix, and answer questions of other newer users - all in less than two weeks. Since it will take us a while to develop and translate educational programs to cover our already international community, we wanted to think of ways to let our existing users fund more people since they are already putting a lot of effort into teaching people about digital currency. To do that, we are releasing an invite system tomorrow.

Via the invite system, Stellar users will receive invites from time to time that they can send to friends. Invites will appear in your dashboard. Upon receiving an invite code, that friend is then funded with additional stellars. This lets community members be the decision makers regarding when people receive more stellars beyond the starter amount, and it increases the chance that people new to digital currency have someone to whom they can ask questions and learn from.

How does this Affect Waitlist Groups?

You can see the listing of all the waitlist groups here. As of today, Groups 1-3 have been fully funded. Group 4 has received their starter amount. All of Group 5 (everyone who is on waitlist now) will receive their starter amount by tomorrow. This means everyone who completed a valid Facebook login so far and everyone who signs up with a valid Facebook login starting today will receive their starter stellar amounts - no more waiting.

Moving forward, everyone who signed up after August 7 (Group 4 onward; i.e. those who received starter amount of stellars) will be eligible to receive more stellars (amount will be dynamic) either i) through an invite code from a friend or ii) via educational programs which will be coming.

We expect some people will be unhappy with the fact we are no longer funding people in one fast, large amount, but the mission of the Foundation is to provide financial education and access. We always intended the stellars to be distributed in conjunction with educational content and materials, and it's important that we link stellar distribution with education. Our launch materials were focused on developers, but the world showed up at our door. Now we are working as fast as we can to get programs together for regular, non-technical folks (starting with this Learn page) - but these things take time. In the meantime, our primary objective remains the same and we think the invite system will help us work towards that goal.

What Comes Next?

At the moment, we are focusing on increasing security features, addressing any remaining login issues people had from the launch rush, and developing the multi-currency client. We also just had our first developer meetup in San Francisco where over 120 developers showed up for a packed event. At the meetup, people were discussing a lot of interesting projects already happening in the “Stellar System” - iOS clients, gateways, games, libraries, and more. So we can all expect to see more Stellar projects coming out soon. If you are working on something Stellar-related, please feel free to share with everyone - we'd love to hear about it.

vaisajne (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:06:29 AM

Update if any of you get any invites on your dashboard. And if you have received some care to send it to me? PM me!

BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:32:59 PM

Update if any of you get any invites on your dashboard. And if you have received some care to send it to me? PM me!

Have not u already got hold of stellar ?

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:08:27 PM

It seems that STR value is not showing much of a rise at this moment...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: