Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:55:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Secret Bitcoin Project has been unvieled as Stellar  (Read 4156 times)
vaisajne (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:03:50 PM

Stellar, the long-secret digital currency project helmed by industry entrepreneur Jed McCaleb, has officially launched.See here http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-ripple-founder-jed-mccaleb-unveils-project-stellar/

Grab your Stellars here.

BTCIndia

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:29:08 PM

I've already managed to collect 11,000. Grin

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:01:34 PM

What's the use?
firozka

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:27:44 PM

It's not secret, give more details what we will do with Stellar.
BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:32:53 AM

What's the use?

You can buy pretty much anything on Overstock.com with Stellar. Plus, its only currency that is accepted on planet Mars. Bitcoin is used to book Virgin Galatic flight and stellar will be used as medium on currency in interstellar space.

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:41:41 AM

Yet another altcoin....... Angry
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:03:47 AM

What's the use?

You can buy pretty much anything on Overstock.com with Stellar. Plus, its only currency that is accepted on planet Mars. Bitcoin is used to book Virgin Galatic flight and stellar will be used as medium on currency in interstellar space.

Ok... so, if I need to buy something from Planet Mars, which is unavailable on Planet Earth, I need to use stellar. So, we can call it a decentralized interplanetory currency Cheesy

BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:06:04 AM

What's the use?

Ok... so, if I need to buy something from Planet Mars, which is unavailable on Planet Earth, I need to use stellar. So, we can call it a decentralized interplanetory currency Cheesy

If you consider Bitcoin as decentralized then for sure you can consider Stellar same. Wink

suchnekky

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:42:20 PM

scaaaaaamorrrs

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
bitcoinkerala

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

https://btcjam.com/users/39914

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 01:07:55 PM

Stellar, the long-secret digital currency project helmed by industry entrepreneur Jed McCaleb, has officially launched.See here http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-ripple-founder-jed-mccaleb-unveils-project-stellar/

Grab your Stellars here.

if everyone wants to invest in altcoin scams again and again .. this is my recommendation

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=721006.0

RipoffCoin: The most honest scam you have ever seen

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:20:10 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 01:46:56 PM by Fiyasko

K soooo...... You get them for free, they cannot be Mined, and if you send 1000 someone will send you 2000?
Why would this be worth anything if everyone gets it for free?
"Theres a limited amount and you can trade it for stuff like btc or usd"
Frankly I don't agree, I see no reason why someone would trade something hard-earned for something given away for free

It seems to me like nothing more than a Pyramid Scheme
"SELLING 50K STELLARS"
"Nah, I've got 2mil, SELLING 2MIL STELLARS!"
"Nah I've got 3mil, "SELLING 3MIL!!"

Theres no value in it when you get it for free from a few mouse clicks

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 03:11:58 PM

So, another entity requiring a Facebook login to get the free Stellers?

Very unhappy with this. I would not, under any circumstances, open a 'Facebook" account. I signed up on the Stellar website but, there doesn't seem to be any way to get the free stellers without the FB account.

Seems quite unfair....

PS: Posted in another thread a well, not sure which on is "official" if any...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:43:17 PM

So, another entity requiring a Facebook login to get the free Stellers?

Very unhappy with this. I would not, under any circumstances, open a 'Facebook" account. I signed up on the Stellar website but, there doesn't seem to be any way to get the free stellers without the FB account.

Seems quite unfair....

PS: Posted in another thread a well, not sure which on is "official" if any...

Why do you want the Stellars anyway?  Smiley
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:37:13 PM

K soooo...... You get them for free, they cannot be Mined, and if you send 1000 someone will send you 2000?
Frankly I don't agree, I see no reason why someone would trade something hard-earned for something given away for free

"SELLING 50K STELLARS"

Same as XRP, still has inherent value
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:57:59 PM

"SELLING 50K STELLARS"

Seems like some people are willing to buy stellars.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=722649.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=722496.0

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 05:30:06 AM

The biggest question Jed will have to answer is why he has left Ripple for Stellar as I can not see any principle difference between both of them.

So there must be something that Jed was not comfortable in Ripple which every ripple backer must know.

As far as Stellar concerns, why I will trust Jed with Stellar as I have seen him doing pretty bad to ripple.

To those who yell scam, please read a bit about it. Its not scam, but you are your own well wisher to choose if its good or another me me altcoin saga. It is backed by some real awesome team and before birth has secured 3M$ trade/investment with Stripe which is quiet remarkable to begin with.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 07:28:56 AM

The biggest question Jed will have to answer is why he has left Ripple for Stellar as I can not see any principle difference between both of them.

So there must be something that Jed was not comfortable in Ripple which every ripple backer must know.

As far as Stellar concerns, why I will trust Jed with Stellar as I have seen him doing pretty bad to ripple.

To those who yell scam, please read a bit about it. Its not scam, but you are your own well wisher to choose if its good or another me me altcoin saga. It is backed by some real awesome team and before birth has secured 3M$ trade/investment with Stripe which is quiet remarkable to begin with.

Regards

Am gonna scream scam as well mate.

I love Jed as well, but this time, this is an unnecessary build.
It has nothing significantly innovative to offer, so it will become just another product like alt-coins.

Marketing and tiny features aside, this screams of scam. Especially since they are already being sold after being procured for free.

buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 08:06:42 AM

Regards

Am gonna scream scam as well mate.

I love Jed as well, but this time, this is an unnecessary build.
It has nothing significantly innovative to offer, so it will become just another product like alt-coins.

Marketing and tiny features aside, this screams of scam. Especially since they are already being sold after being procured for free.

Well, thats exactly what my opinion is. I dont trust Stellar as it has nothing new to offer. And personally I believe whatever happened to Ripple by Jed's liquidation news is irreparable and it was huge blow to ripple.

But that does not make Stellar or Jed scam.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:22:53 AM

Well, thats exactly what my opinion is. I dont trust Stellar as it has nothing new to offer. And personally I believe whatever happened to Ripple by Jed's liquidation news is irreparable and it was huge blow to ripple.

Regards

True it's not a scam as I've gotten 2 btc from their giveaway in 2 days.  Cheesy
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:33:06 AM

Regards

True it's not a scam as I've gotten 2 btc from their giveaway in 2 days.  Cheesy

How many verified FB accounts u have ? Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: