Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:12:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Payment From a Paper Document  (Read 883 times)
TheAccountant (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:34:28 PM

I'm going to be doing a series of presentations and meetings and I want to be able to accept donations.  Is there a way to put an address/code/etc., on a paper presentation or card that would allow people meeting to make a bitcoin donation?

Thanks!
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:46:04 PM

Just print the QR code of one of your public bitcoin (dogecoin or others) addresses so the people at the meeting
can make donations easily using a phone wallet.
TheAccountant (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:56:39 PM

Just print the QR code of one of your public bitcoin (dogecoin or others) addresses so the people at the meeting

I thought it was inappropriate to re-use addresses.  Is that not the same for QR codes?
C.Steven

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:27:50 PM

I thought it was inappropriate to re-use addresses.  Is that not the same for QR codes?

You could generate a new address (and so a new QR code) for each of your presentations or meetings, if you don't want to reuse the address.
Btw, reusing addresses isn't really a big problem. It won't make your bitcoin unsafe, but just make people to be able to link your addresses more easily.

JohnFromWIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:42:55 PM

I'm no expert on the subject, but I think you need to do a lot more research on Bitcoin before you go teaching others about it.
After your presentation people will have all sorts of questions and the ones you're asking are some of the more basic ones.

giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:04:24 PM

Just go to the blockchain and select the address you want to recieve payments on. There is a button to click and print the QR code.

TheAccountant (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 04:35:32 PM

I'm no expert on the subject, but I think you need to do a lot more research on Bitcoin before you go teaching others about it.
After your presentation people will have all sorts of questions and the ones you're asking are some of the more basic ones.

The presentation/meetings aren't on bitcoin, but I did want to leave an opportunity for folks to donate if they so choose.
JohnFromWIT

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:44:34 PM

Oh, well then all the best.
And definitely QR codes.

jersey19957

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:18:21 AM

I always use the QR code from blockchain
BunsenBurner

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:58:49 PM

I'm going to be doing a series of presentations and meetings and I want to be able to accept donations.  Is there a way to put an address/code/etc., on a paper presentation or card that would allow people meeting to make a bitcoin donation?

Thanks!

You could use the site http://bitcoinqrcode.org/ to generate QR code for your addresses very easily.
The service has been there for 8 months and there are a number of people reporting it works perfectly in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=392212.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: