Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:52:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: camoList VPN and SSH Tunnels  (Read 3524 times)
camolist (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 10:10:31 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2012, 06:46:28 AM by camolist

hello everyone!
I'm Steven from camoList proxies

would like to announce that we have begun accepting bitcoins as payment for our VPN and SSH Tunnel services using Mt.Gox checkout

we have been providing free website based proxies since 2007, began selling SSH Tunnels 03-2010 and started offering VPN accounts 01-2011

VPN servers are based in the US and the UK - SSH Tunnel in the US (SSH Tunnel UK by special request only and $2/extra month to cover the IP cost from the datacenter)

rates are the current USD to bitcoin equivalent of
$36 for a year $24 for 6 months $5 for a month

you can find out some more information about each service by going to the following links

https://camolist.com/vpn/
and
https://camolist.com/sshtunnel/

i'll be glad to setup a trial account just fill out the "free trial" request link on the pages above

custom setups are available just tell me what you need and i'll try to work with you.
one example is by default the servers do not allow communications between vpn accounts but a few users had me do custom setup where they could access remote computers as if it was the LAN - and a few others are using it to play LAN games over longer distances by both being connected

please feel free to ask any questions about the services i'll be glad to answer

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 02:36:40 AM

So I assume you are posting here because you will accept bitcoins for payment? If you haven't been set up, Bit-pay.com offers a turnkey merchant solution, and MtGox.com has something similar available.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 02:43:40 AM

yes! i actually began accepting bitcoins February 28th and have done so for 5 accounts so far but have not advertised except on the vpn page itself

currently it's manual (request a free trial account on the links above if you like it email me to get a bitcoin address to pay) but i am reading up on the mtgox system and i will also check out Bit-pay (thanks for the suggestion! have not seen that one yet)

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 07:38:53 PM

bitcoin checkout via mtgox now at https://camolist.com/vpn/?bitcoin

first few bitcoin customers get a discount!

bitcoin equivalent of
$24/year - $18 for 6 months and $4 for 1 month

the page will still display normal pricing but when you get to mtgox the discounted prices will display

get it while it lasts (will go back to the normal $36/24/5 soon)

will get a ?bitcoin page option setup for the sshtunnel page shortly

Kaos

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 07:54:45 PM

More merchants are always a welcome thing to the bitcoin economy.

I do have a question though... $35 for only one location per year means $70 for both US and UK when i can get a multitude of exit nodes for $50 with Witopia and at the end of the day you say you don't log but when the feds knock on your door you will submit and if you don't Steadfast will anyway like any other business. So where's your USP?

Not meant to bash, just questioning since you wanted to advertise your business in an open forum.

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 08:08:19 PM

no problem with the questions i'm glad to answer anything the best that i can

currently accounts are only setup on one server. in the future i plan to open this up but need to come up with a way of counting current connections per username between multiple servers without any type of log being involved
i can give the sale rates for an account to be on both which would 24/year - 18-6 months - 4-1 month each (this is also the current discount for using bitcoins)

there are no logs. the setup is based on openvpn access server which does not even contain the capability to log what goes through it out of the box
more info can be found at http://openvpn.net/index.php/access-server/overview.html

if the feds or whoever subpoena there is literally no info to give away
here is what i have:
a list of what usernames are on which server, the date they were paid for, length they were paid for, and email address used to send server info to buyer

for example if a complaint came into VPN #1 69.162.139.8 all i would know is it was one of ~150 people who are assigned to it - can not even narrow it down to who was logged in at the time because there are no such records

edit:
does Witopia even accept bitcoins? not finding anything from them -  if not can a comparison really be made of a vpn that accepts anonymous payment that can be connected to anonymously (through public internet/another proxy)  and a vpn that requires payment by paypal/credit card that can be tied back to the buyer?

Kaos

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 08:14:59 PM

for example if a complaint came into VPN #1 69.162.139.8 all i would know is it was one of ~150 people who are assigned to it - can not even narrow it down to who was logged in at the time because there are no such records

Steadfast will because as a Data Center are obliged by law to keep full logs so although you may not keep any logs, "they" (i.e. Men in Black, Feds, Chickens from Space) can bypass you and ask that from them.

See the problem is that the AS is Steadfast (AS32748) for that range and not you... Which definitively proves that you don't own that IP range in any sense of the word and therefore neither do you own the data.

Sorry, but since complete privacy is not a USP, I would try to compete with my price model.

EDIT: Just to make it clear: I set up a VPS or collocate my server on a DC. That DC will still have full visibility of what's coming in and what's going out... The only way around it is by using a DC in a Data Haven.
camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2012, 03:09:37 AM

you really think a datacenter can keep logs of everything going over multi 10gbit/sec networks?

you're right in that as the server is in the US and the feds could always show up at the datacenter and take control of it or put monitors in line network side and never even tell me

if you're doing something so criminal that you are concerned about the feds taking control of a server just to catch what you are doing you should not be using any service that has a presence in the US

for the vast majority of people looking for a VPN for privacy, bypassing censorship, simple things like downloading files a VPN like this is perfect

if you're the 1% doing who knows what maybe something like Tor would be a better option (or even add a few other layers above/below Tor)

camolist (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2012, 06:55:39 AM

https://camolist.com/vpn/

just made checkout for the VPN much easier with bitcoins - just select the Mt.Gox checkbox on the signup page

also it no longer passes your email/username/password onto Mt.Gox in the order details just the length (if 6 or 12 months) extra connections (if above 0) server location (US or UK) and a order#

next up is have it stop passing those details to paypal for paypal/credit card orders which will be getting coded shortly after this post

thanks for the few bitcoin orders that have come in so far. went from having known about bitcoin only from random stories to accepting them as payment to having a pile of mining equipment on order in a bit over a month

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: