Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:12:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTC paying Western Union/MoneyGram  (Read 2254 times)
Wy9o2Y3s (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:15:47 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2016, 01:27:24 PM by Wy9o2Y3s

Hi,

We're buying Bitcoins, we pay with Western Union and MoneyGram in USD.

The rate is currently the last price on btc-e.com
The minimum amount per transaction is 400 USD and the maximum is 1250 USD, however it is possible to make several transactions.
Transactions are performed from a few minutes to 6 hours after reception of funds.

The Western Union/MoneyGram fees are deducted from the total amount.

Western Union's fees table:
$400.01 - $500.00 = $40.00
$500.01 - $750.00 = $45.00
$750.01 - $1,000.00 = $50.00
$1,000.01 - $1,250.00 = $76.00

MoneyGram's fees table:
$400.01 - $500.00 = $35.00
$500.01 - $700.00 = $39.00
$700.01 - $1,000.00 = $45.00
$1,000.01 - $1,250.00 = $65.00

It is possible to use escrow through localbitcoins.com (+1% on price):
Western Union: https://localbitcoins.com/ad/109381/cash-out-your-bitcoins-western-union
MoneyGram: https://localbitcoins.com/ad/110907/cash-out-your-bitcoins-moneygram

We do not have specific schedules.

Contacts IM:
Jabber: Wy9o2Y3s@jabber.ccc.de
or PM.

Regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Concerned

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Exchanging Since 2012

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:16:19 PM

I will open a trade now through LBC.
Wy9o2Y3s (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:39:29 PM

I will open a trade now through LBC.
Have you?
saif92

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:43:46 PM

No one going to do exchange with you unless you will use escrow here on this forum try to share WU and MG fees then you have better chance

Wy9o2Y3s (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:06:48 PM

No one going to do exchange with you unless you will use escrow here on this forum try to share WU and MG fees then you have better chance
We have performed some transactions already, therefore "no one" is way exaggerated. Although, I am going to take a look at the escrow on this site, I can't find anything, how does it work?
Prez

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 11:39:42 PM

Just use localbitcoins. Only safe way.
LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:44:35 AM

I can escrow for you. I have no fee. I can also sell you Bitcoin but you probably won't like my rate. PM me if you need either.
teodor87

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Man is King!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:22:26 AM

Which african country is the author from?
Do not deal with this guy without escrow. Not a person from the forum either. People are renting their signatures and accounts are occasionally hijacked. Use btcrow.

Otherwise you might end up with less btc, expecting an WU/MG transfer. HA!
Just ask yourselves - "Who with their right mind would pay 8% fee for WU/MG instead of 1% paypal fee?" Not only. Paypal has a "gift" option that cannot be reversed. If you use escrow it's the most convenient way.

1BXi1DWT9U8snSr8wmuL7iihqphNiPRN9k
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:54:14 AM

Why have you stated that high MG fee? I've received amounts up to $2k+ with MG and the fee the sender had to pay has always been around $20.
Wy9o2Y3s (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:10:36 AM

We are not from Africa, we're from Ukraine.

Just ask yourselves - "Who with their right mind would pay 8% fee for WU/MG instead of 1% paypal fee?" Not only. Paypal has a "gift" option that cannot be reversed. If you use escrow it's the most convenient way.
Paypal is not common here and it can be reversed no matter what, even long time after the payment was made. Western Union/MoneyGram allow you to have cash directly. If you want to have cash with Paypal it is certainly not going to cost you only 1%.

Why have you stated that high MG fee? I've received amounts up to $2k+ with MG and the fee the sender had to pay has always been around $20.
These are the MoneyGram and Western Union fees in our country, a few years ago the fees were extremely low but they've changed suddenly. Although, I have checked the fees to send from other countries and we do not have the most expensive ones. I agree though that they charge abusive fees.
teodor87

Man is King!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:55:09 AM

Paypal is not common here and it can be reversed no matter what, even long time after the payment was made. Western Union/MoneyGram allow you to have cash directly. If you want to have cash with Paypal it is certainly not going to cost you only 1%.

These are the MoneyGram and Western Union fees in our country, a few years ago the fees were extremely low but they've changed suddenly. Although, I have checked the fees to send from other countries and we do not have the most expensive ones. I agree though that they charge abusive fees.

Paypal has a "gift" option, which cannot be reversed. Even if made by credit card. Which means you never used paypal to send money.
Its used to send money to your friends/family. Otherwise everyone would intentionally send money to their family and reverse it after money are withdrawn.
Thats why they ask you for a reason for payment.
I dont believe that after you get the coins you will go through all the trouble an pay all the fees to send money to anyone. Why would you want to?

People who are newbies anx immediately start to "buy" or "sell" stuff but "you send first" and claim to are more than one (speaking in plural for themselves - "we") are definitely scammers.

Tell you what. If you're so honest and trusting why don't you send someone 5k$ WU and then he'll send you your coins?

Ill tell you why - even if you had coins (which you dont) you wouldn't trust us.

How would you prove:

1.That you're not from Africa;
2.That you have money;
3.That even if 1 and 2 are facts you will actually pay for the coins?

In order to avoid he above people thought of escrow.

But wait you don't want "time wasters", its "urgent deal", you want "serious traders", "but they have to send first".

Doesnt work.

Prez

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:00:49 PM

Paypal has a "gift" option, which cannot be reversed. Even if made by credit card. Which means you never used paypal to send money.
Its used to send money to your friends/family. Otherwise everyone would intentionally send money to their family and reverse it after money are withdrawn.
I dont believe that after you get the coins you will go through all the trouble an pay all the fees to send money to anyone. Why would you want to?

People who are newbies anx immediately start to "buy" or "sell" stuff but "you send first" and claim to are more than one (speaking in plural for themselves - "we") are definitely scammers.

Tell you what. If you're so honest and trusting why don't you send someone 5k$ WU and then he'll send you your coins?

Ill tell you why - even if you had coins (which you dont) you wouldn't trust us.

How would you prove:

2.That you have money;

But wait you don't want "time wasters", its "urgent deal", you want "serious traders", "but they have to send first".

Doesnt work.

It sounds like you haven't used paypal much.

No matter if you send as a gift paypal  can still be reversed. If you don't think so why don't you sell your coins for paypal gift and see for yourself.
Wy9o2Y3s (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:28:29 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 12:54:14 PM by Wy9o2Y3s

Paypal has a "gift" option, which cannot be reversed. Even if made by credit card.

You are misleading people, whether or not you use the "gift" option, paypal can charge you back even a month after the payment was made.

Which means you never used paypal to send money.

I have used paypal to send and receive money. The victim of a fraudulent payment can charge back the money the hijacker paid with their account even after a very long period of time therefore you're much more the one who has not used paypal much.

Thanks for telling me what paypal is, I am too dumb.

So you are proving that you did not even narrowly read my post, and that you do not even know how localbitcoins.com works. Also I don't see what troubles I would go through making the transfer?

Certainly. I'm a noob and a scammer from Africa because I might have used "we" as we're a team of friends.

You are again proving that you have not read my post and that you do not know how localbitcoins.com works. Secondly, we have a maximum of $1250 per transaction, we have not made it, this is set by the National Bank of Ukraine.

How would you prove:

2.That you have money;

Doesnt work.

You have proved enough that you know nothing. Therefore I will politely ask you to stop defaming us and eventually stay away from this topic.

And stop posting your incoherent and misleading information.

Also, regarding your bashing on Africa. We have dealt with people from different African countries without any problem and that's most likely because we used irreversible payment systems which prevent us from having to deal with scammers.
teodor87

Man is King!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:48:55 PM

Bro, you're transparent, but if someone wants to risk it, then who am I to stop them.

I guess there is only one way to understand.

Prez

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:51:19 PM

Bro, you're transparent, but if someone wants to risk it, then who am I to stop them.

We are a community. We should all be here to stop newbies from making mistakes and selling their bitcoins for paypal.

Just don't say gift payment isn't reversible because it clearly is, it just makes you look ignorant.
Wy9o2Y3s (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:52:46 PM

You still don't get it? Localbitcoins is the escrow system.
teodor87

Man is King!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:26:10 PM

We are a community. We should all be here to stop newbies from making mistakes and selling their bitcoins for paypal.

Just don't say gift payment isn't reversible because it clearly is, it just makes you look ignorant.

Pfff! HAhahaha! It's NOT reversible!

Paypal are on the prowl of scamming their customers. Not themselves!
If it was reversible then the majority of users would use it to double their cash, before their account gets closed.
If marked as "GIFT" even your bank cannot charge-back paypal!

I bet 100$ on it.

Wy9o2Y3s (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:37:24 PM

If it was reversible then the majority of users would use it to double their cash, before their account gets closed.

I bet 100$ on it.
Yes it can, it will just take more time. Paypal sucks.
Prez

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:15:01 PM

Pfff! HAhahaha! It's NOT reversible!

I bet 100$ on it.

I accept this bet. My address you can pay to is 1KCt9ZFS2L6QW4vcdTFqHVzusiaZe6wQGz

How many coins do you want to sell for paypal gift?
Wy9o2Y3s (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:16:49 PM

I accept this bet. My address you can pay to is 1KCt9ZFS2L6QW4vcdTFqHVzusiaZe6wQGz

How many coins do you want to sell for paypal gift?

I accept the bet, however I am not going to use paypal. Also it is completely illogical as anyone who has compromised a paypal account can make a transfer as "gift".
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: