Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:49:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Untraceable payments  (Read 861 times)
bander (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:18:47 PM

is there such thing as completely untraceable payments in the crypto currency world? I know bitcoin can be tracked through the blockchain- like when sheepsmarket was hacked and the guy followed him through hundreds of accounts and a tumbler. You would think for something as hardcore on anonymity as the crypto world there would be less transparency...
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:21:47 PM

No tracking of blockchain possible with Monero/XMR.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 06:23:25 PM

is there such thing as completely untraceable payments in the crypto currency world? I know bitcoin can be tracked through the blockchain- like when sheepsmarket was hacked and the guy followed him through hundreds of accounts and a tumbler. You would think for something as hardcore on anonymity as the crypto world there would be less transparency...

Yes - Monero has cryptographically untraceable and unlinkable transactions. You can check any of the Monero blockchain explorers, such as monerochain.info, and drill down to a transaction and try figure out who sent it and who received it:)

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:11:51 AM

Short answer is yes.  Untraceable payments is all the craze right now and we've been to subjected to pump and dump coins claiming to offer the feature.  Cryptonote coins like Bytecoin, Monero, Quazercoin, Fantomcoin, Ducknote, BBR are untraceable.  There are other coins that are working hard to offer this feature but it isn't currently available in currently but I feel they are close to say the least.  I'm not going to advertise which coin I believe will be on top but I will say it has not been mentioned in my post.  Smiley
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:34:02 AM

see link in signature

lol

bander (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:15:06 PM

What other technologies are working on this? I actually just heard about cryptonote in another thread.  And thats not the same Bytecoin that came out a while ago right? I found a couple of websites for Bytecoin and was confused...
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 04:35:22 PM

What other technologies are working on this? I actually just heard about cryptonote in another thread.  And thats not the same Bytecoin that came out a while ago right? I found a couple of websites for Bytecoin and was confused...

Monero works (as do the rest of the CN coins including the reference code, as you pointed out), ZeroCash will work as well (although it will have a trusted accumulator problem that remains unsolved at this juncture). No others have this - if you can view the balance on an address it is not untraceable.

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 04:42:40 PM

Short answer is yes.  Untraceable payments is all the craze right now and we've been to subjected to pump and dump coins claiming to offer the feature.  Cryptonote coins like Bytecoin, Monero, Quazercoin, Fantomcoin, Ducknote, BBR are untraceable.  There are other coins that are working hard to offer this feature but it isn't currently available in currently but I feel they are close to say the least.  I'm not going to advertise which coin I believe will be on top but I will say it has not been mentioned in my post.  Smiley
we both know it's XC Wilfred...check it..https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.0  Cool
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 05:15:06 PM

Short answer is yes.  Untraceable payments is all the craze right now and we've been to subjected to pump and dump coins claiming to offer the feature.  Cryptonote coins like Bytecoin, Monero, Quazercoin, Fantomcoin, Ducknote, BBR are untraceable.  There are other coins that are working hard to offer this feature but it isn't currently available in currently but I feel they are close to say the least.  I'm not going to advertise which coin I believe will be on top but I will say it has not been mentioned in my post.  Smiley
we both know it's XC Wilfred...check it..https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.0  Cool

If you can see someone's balance on the blockchain, it is inherently devoid of unlinkability and untraceability. In other words, if I send 1.486 XC and within a period of time an address receives 1.486 XC a link can be made between the sender and the recipient. No amount of mixing can disguise that link.

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!rich

'counter' is correct, you cannot see the balance of anyone using a CryptoNote-based cryptocurrency. It is inherently and truly cryptographically unlinkable and untraceable for ALL transactions.

giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:19:34 PM

Thats why Monero has a legitimate, justified spot within the crypto world. Want true 100% cash-tier untraceability? move your stuff with Monero.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: