Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:38:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IS BITCOIN A CIA PROJECT?  (Read 7988 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 09:34:47 PM

Bad article, bad website avoid at all costs.
No, Bitcoin is not a CIA project.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:21:07 PM

seriously.. why post a reddit link made by you, that links to a website made by you which has an article made by you. which quotes opinions that are made by you.... you clearly have no reputation...

I dont always agree with Franky, but ..... nailed it.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:31:00 PM

seriously.. why post a reddit link made by you, that links to a website made by you which has an article made by you. which quotes opinions that are made by you.... you clearly have no reputation...

-B-

im surprised this topic is 4 pages long, this OP of the topic seems to be on an ego trip trying to get sheeple to think he is worth listening to.

and bitburger, i dont mind people disagreeing with me at times, as its a good thing, its a sign that they are human and not sheeple.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:33:54 PM

I remember Solog from the Art Bell days in the '90s. Crazy stuff then and now.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
bitjoint

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:54:54 PM

IS BITCOIN A CIA PROJECT?

No.

[/thread]

+1000...
Bibop

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:37:10 AM

don't believe conspiracies like this one.
too many freak minds in our world' too many with the ability to make it sounds logical.
Bitcoin Charts

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:46:22 AM

I remember Solog from the Art Bell days in the '90s. Crazy stuff then and now.
yea who use it for new stuff and do that again . he the strongest person i know
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:47:53 AM

It's a conspiracy.

I have already put tape in my laptop camera, updated the antivirus and wrapped the router with aluminum foil.
Prez

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:48:16 AM

-B-

im surprised this topic is 4 pages long, this OP of the topic seems to be on an ego trip trying to get sheeple to think he is worth listening to.

and bitburger, i dont mind people disagreeing with me at times, as its a good thing, its a sign that they are human and not sheeple.

Just a thread for all these sig campaigns to get their post count up.
Jazkal

Activity: 319

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:06:07 AM

BITCOIN a CIA project? now that would be real stupid. unless your one of those trying to start rumors...  not likely my friend
fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 02:36:14 AM

I will just let this link here...

http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm
Watoshi-Dimobuto

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:38:55 AM

It does not matter who create it as long it is useful to everyone.
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:20:13 AM

The CIA was totally taken by surprise by the 9/11 attacks. That's being one step behind. Those who designed the Bitcoin specification were more of a one step ahead group.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH.....HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
gaaaaaaawwwd
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:23:44 AM

Interesting how they call it a coin as well. Not a "note" or a "bill"
californiaquail

Activity: 270
Merit: 130

DeLouvois.com Bitcoin Luxury Marketplace Est. 2016

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 11:48:11 AM

( That being said, you'd have to be an asshole not to put tape on your laptop's camera )

When you think about it "DARPA supported the evolution of the ARPANET (the first wide-area packet switching network), Packet Radio Network, Packet Satellite Network and ultimately, the Internet". 
 Don't forget that  "ARPA's mission was to ensure U.S. military technology be more sophisticated than(...)enemies." which means coming with the craziest and most unthinkable ideas to stay ahead of the ennemy.

So yeah why not, CIA doesn't give two shit about tech, it's an intelligence agency, and as far as Government Agencies goes, their relations can be pretty hermetic...
 Plus Bitcoin really sounds like a One World currency to me, tinfoil or not, it is.

californiaquail

Activity: 270
Merit: 130

DeLouvois.com Bitcoin Luxury Marketplace Est. 2016

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 02:09:00 PM

Plus i don't buy this anonymous developer thing, i mean... I instincivly hate the idea that some guy could be so smart and so humble to come up with something as briliant and then stay anonymous, looks like pure fairytale to me.
 I'd like an exemple of something like that ever happened.

I mean, US government and military have been looking to solve this problem for + 15 Years, just take a look at this.

http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm

I mean, these guys are among the smartests brains  in the world, they are litteraly thousands of them working their asses off to find solutions to this particular problem, at least one of them could have came up with the idea of a bit torrent style distributed ledger i mean come on.

needmoney
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1023

I am a good bro

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:27:26 PM

Is CIA an altcoin?

Hahahaha!  Cheesy

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
.Just.Bet. 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
TRUSTLESS
DECENTRALIZED
TRANSPARENT
..PLAY NOW..
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:29:35 PM

Plus i don't buy this anonymous developer thing, i mean... I instincivly hate the idea that some guy could be so smart and so humble to come up with something as briliant and then stay anonymous, looks like pure fairytale to me.
 I'd like an exemple of something like that ever happened.

I mean, US government and military have been looking to solve this problem for + 15 Years, just take a look at this.

I mean, these guys are among the smartests brains  in the world, they are litteraly thousands of them working their asses off to find solutions to this particular problem, at least one of them could have came up with the idea of a bit torrent style distributed ledger i mean come on.
They came up with the idea, at a time, but didn't implement or use it because that would create too much transparency for all of the crooked dealings going on behind closed doors. It wasn't what they were looking for.

I, for one, believe Bitcoin was made by a single man. This man was also likely very libertarian, and as such, he made it public so that there would be accountability for everyone's actions. Not because he was in the CIA.

I also doubt the involvement of the CIA in this. However, the timing of Bitcoin's release and the name do sound suspicious, but those in no way are enough to convince me. Too many people would have been busted already, in some way, if the CIA was sitting there and watching what everyone was doing.

And, as stated, they wouldn't let there be other competing coins, and they probably would have sold the rights to some company.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:40:36 PM

Gavin Andresen was invited to speak to the CIA in 2011. I doubt they would be asking him for infos if they had already invented and successfully initiated public adoption of BTC. It is obvious that BTC will be very useful for CIA operations, seeing as their jurisdiction is OUTSIDE the USA and funds often need to be moved across boarders covertly.

The problem with just about every single conspiracy theory out there is this; If it is such top-secret high-level operations that are supposed to take place without public knowledge, how come the most whacked out, idiotic, poor, dumb hillbillies are the ones that always uncover the "real story"? You would think that the weakest link in the chain would be the very last to figure out this shit. I guess there is some sort of info leak that flows directly through every trailer park and welfare office in America. Chemtrails are bullshit too (its called jet fuel exhaust). Sorry, Sol Adoni, but your paranoid babbling is unreadable claptrap.  

Oh, STFU. REALLY?? REALLY?!?!?
go back to /r/conspiratard circle jerk! If you think there are no conspiracies then you have gone FULL retard!

I love this btw
"Gavin Andresen was invited to speak to the CIA in 2011. I doubt they would be asking him for infos if they had already invented and successfully"

OMG! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
you sir have to be the most gullible person ever!! How many Nigerian scams have you fallen for so far?

ok ok, there is one conspiracy I'll give you. The Illuminati (Zionist lizard-hominids from outer space) created YOU as a their tool to go around spreading nonsense and making the very idea of conspiracy theory look outlandish, thus discrediting anything that does not feed the agenda of our overlords. You are a "Pink Partisan" sir, as well as a donkey.

P.S. David Icke called and he wants his racist bias back.
atc1

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:47:56 PM

Haha,as ridiculous as it sounds, I'm now not going to dismiss this as a possibility entirely. I remember a few years back when some conspiracy theorists told everyone that our electronic devices were being used to spy on us. Everyone laughed at them and called them nutjobs who should remove their tinfoil hats. They were actually correct and no one would have even know the extent that we were being spied on by our own government if we didn't have Snowden. So,yeah,who knows?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: