Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:15:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as a villain?  (Read 4329 times)
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:39:20 AM

Bitcoin is bad in its current avatar. That’s why it’s the villain of my latest novel

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-08-01/news/52327478_1_satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoin-owners-bitcoin-payments

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:40:19 AM

Estimated 5,000 bitcoin owners in India. How many would be in this forum?  Smiley
fp

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:53:03 AM

Right now the Bitcoin is about anonymity. It uses a protocol called TOR (The Onion Router) that allows the giver and receiver to remain anonymous, which makes it dangerous. In my book, it's used by the criminal underworld.

http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2011/10/facepalm.jpg
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:16:31 AM

Right now the Bitcoin is about anonymity. It uses a protocol called TOR (The Onion Router) that allows the giver and receiver to remain anonymous, which makes it dangerous. In my book, it's used by the criminal underworld.

And I guess this is the portion which will be picked up when politicians / decision makers start gathering information about bitcoin.  Tongue
BTCIndia

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:17:06 AM

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 09:17:17 AM

Bitcoin is bad in its current avatar. That’s why it’s the villain of my latest novel

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-08-01/news/52327478_1_satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoin-owners-bitcoin-payments

Man, that article was really bad.

polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:26:44 AM

'Best-selling author'. I hope he doesn't end up colouring opinions.  Angry
BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:29:08 AM

'Best-selling author'. I hope he doesn't end up colouring opinions.  Angry

Everybody has right to color opinion like you and me. Wink

August is going to be exciting!

subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:07:43 AM

'Best-selling author'. I hope he doesn't end up colouring opinions.  Angry

Everybody has right to color opinion like you and me. Wink

August is going to be exciting!

*Staring into Oblivion*
subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:23:54 AM

And I guess this is the portion which will be picked up when politicians / decision makers start gathering information about bitcoin.  Tongue
Yup, it is dangerous when Half cooked nuts make comments like this, and then the mainstream media picks it up and runs with it.

ZeroSum

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:17:31 PM

And I guess this is the portion which will be picked up when politicians / decision makers start gathering information about bitcoin.  Tongue
Yup, it is dangerous when Half cooked nuts make comments like this, and then the mainstream media picks it up and runs with it.

Villan or not? I don't know. Few months back, I've had brief passionate discussion with Mr. Subramanian about Bitcoin and bitcoin. He had amazing understanding of both like scholar. I've been contemplating on other side since that meeting.
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:21:50 PM

Villan or not? I don't know. Few months back, I've had brief passionate discussion with Mr. Subramanian about Bitcoin and bitcoin. He had amazing understanding of both like scholar. I've been contemplating on other side since that meeting.

He seems to have got his facts wrong in this interview. His understanding can be improved.  Smiley
ZeroSum

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:28:28 PM

He seems to have got his facts wrong in this interview. His understanding can be improved.  Smiley

If you're talking about my facts/understanding then frankly I'm struggling to improve when it comes to tech giant like bitcoin. And if you've questioning his understanding/facts then, you might be right Mr. Satoshi.
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:20:10 AM

If you're talking about my facts/understanding then frankly I'm struggling to improve when it comes to tech giant like bitcoin. And if you've questioning his understanding/facts then, you might be right Mr. Satoshi.

Sarcasm does not suit you, my friend. I will not join issue with you on this one. All you have to do is read the posts in this thread and you will have your answer.
BTCIndia

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:54:29 PM

He was talking about me.

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:04:07 AM

Estimated 5,000 bitcoin owners in India. How many would be in this forum?  Smiley

How do they get the figure? Though I am not surprised its this slow. Barrier to entry is too high.
Would be easier to get them into alts and then BTC, but then these alts are screwed at the moment.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 11:06:56 AM

Picked up the book and almost done reading it. Very nice indeed!
Surprising that the same person did the interview mentioned in OP.

polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:31:47 AM

Interesting. Will try to get hold of at least an e-book and try reading it.  Smiley
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 02:46:03 AM

Interesting. Will try to get hold of at least an e-book and try reading it.  Smiley
Yeah.. It was a decent read. Very twisted Indian family drama with Bitcoin all over the place.
Been a while since I have read a full book without keeping it down.
Couple of glaring mistakes, like dell laptops catching fire and then apple releases an update??

polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 10:34:33 AM

It is being made into a movie as well!!

economictimes.indiatimes.com/magazines/panache/this-is-for-real-a-thriller-flick-based-on-bitcoins/articleshow/42988058.cms

And something more interesting
Tumkur, Karnataka-based Bitcoin company Unicoin, which offers Bitcoin wallets and a mechanism for people to transact in Bitcoin currency, has offered to give out Rs 200 worth of Bitcoin vouchers to anyone buying Subramanian's book.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: