Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:36:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as a villain?  (Read 4329 times)
Falkyire

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:26:17 AM

even viacom is entering the fray i just hope they dont leave audience dumbfounded by confusing already confused subject
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:18:48 PM

even viacom is entering the fray i just hope they dont leave audience dumbfounded by confusing already confused subject

My guess will be that bitcoin will just be incidental to the movie and not the focus...
But I shouldn't be commenting until I read the book.
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:17:36 PM

Seems to be an interesting read.

Some real life incidents seem to have been made part of the story - Nigerians protesting in Goa after one of their countrymen is killed....

Silk Road seems to have been changed to "Cotton Trail". Too much.  Grin
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:46:42 AM

Indeed he has done a lot of research.

How long have you been researching Bitcoins?

Two years. Bitcoins first grabbed worldwide attention when Snowden announced he would take donations in Bitcoins, after the US had imposed a financial blockade on Wikileaks. The Bitcoin protocol was started by a mysterious person who goes by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto. It's believed to be a pseudonym, with the first name derived from brands Samsung and Toshiba. The Bitcoin algorithm produces 12 Bitcoins every few hours and it is designed so that the total number of Bitcoins will never exceed 21 million, which it should reach by 2020. People used to mine Bitcoins, now it's easier to steal them.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 04:27:24 AM

Indeed he has done a lot of research.

How long have you been researching Bitcoins?

Two years. Bitcoins first grabbed worldwide attention when Snowden announced he would take donations in Bitcoins, after the US had imposed a financial blockade on Wikileaks. The Bitcoin protocol was started by a mysterious person who goes by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto. It's believed to be a pseudonym, with the first name derived from brands Samsung and Toshiba. The Bitcoin algorithm produces 12 Bitcoins every few hours and it is designed so that the total number of Bitcoins will never exceed 21 million, which it should reach by 2020. People used to mine Bitcoins, now it's easier to steal them.

Yeah, this had me as well until I read the book. Might have been a bad interview is all I could derive.
Take the book when you come over. Its a decent read.

polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:56:37 PM

I have finished reading the book.
Overall, I would say that it is a good book.
The last 20% of the story disappointed me with too many sub-plots and unnecessary twists.  Smiley
indiangrad

Activity: 227
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:12:58 PM

The last 20% of the story disappointed me with too many sub-plots and unnecessary twists.  Smiley

Is it related to the movie "The rise and rise of bitcoins"? Have you seen that? I want to see it...

Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 03:08:58 AM

Is it related to the movie "The rise and rise of bitcoins"? Have you seen that? I want to see it...

Not related to the movie. Its a nice watch for a lot of early BItcoiners.

indiangrad

Activity: 227
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:20:09 PM

Not related to the movie. Its a nice watch for a lot of early BItcoiners.

Cool! I plan to see it soon.

BTC_King

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:40:40 AM

When is it expected?
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 04:46:37 PM

When is it expected?

The movie based on God is a Gamer? The rights have just been sold.. I don't think you can expect to see the movie any time soon.
21coin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

Sarthak's a dumb girl

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:08:49 PM

Bitcoin is bad in its current avatar. That’s why it’s the villain of my latest novel

bitcoin is not villian
its superhero and have the power of cryptography

polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:04:59 AM

Bitcoin is bad in its current avatar. That’s why it’s the villain of my latest novel

bitcoin is not villian
its superhero and have the power of cryptography

I guess a book where bitcoin is the superhero won't sell as well as a book where it is the villain.  Tongue
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:59:28 AM

Another interview, in which he seems to be getting it right.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Put-a-murder-in-the-start-a-few-twists-at-the-end-Ravi-Subramanian/articleshow/45068125.cms

"Today, we cannot imagine life without WiFi even for five minutes. Where was the internet 10-15 years back? Similarly, I feel Bitcoins shall be the ruling currency five to ten years from now," asserted the author, whose latest book is about how the lives of gamers, politicians and bankers are determined by the virtual currency.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 08:33:40 AM

Another interview, in which he seems to be getting it right.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Put-a-murder-in-the-start-a-few-twists-at-the-end-Ravi-Subramanian/articleshow/45068125.cms

"Today, we cannot imagine life without WiFi even for five minutes. Where was the internet 10-15 years back? Similarly, I feel Bitcoins shall be the ruling currency five to ten years from now," asserted the author, whose latest book is about how the lives of gamers, politicians and bankers are determined by the virtual currency.

Yeah. Nice article.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: