Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 09:41:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful when giving your ID info!  (Read 1371 times)
gondel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:53:47 AM

Hello,
Recently I saw several persons on the forum directly post their IDs on different topics. This is unbelievable!
It is just to easy to get a bank loan with your ID.
I will give you example of how someone can take a huge loan from a local bank in Bulgaria if he knows just your personal info.
I was working in a bank in Bulgaria for couple of years and I was retail manager. If you know the details about someone you can buy a fake ID which will cost you 300$ you only need to give your passport picture and the desired info about you and the new ID card is ready in 3 days.
Gypsies in Bulgaria are making fake IDs like hot bread for so cheap.
So next step when you have the fake ID you go to the Bank and ask for a debit card. To give you a debit card they will only scan your fake ID and will not do anything more, because you are not requesting nothing special like a Loan. When you have your debit card plastic after like one business week you can apply for a quick loan online in a numerous credit institutions which are not banks and they give you easy money with very high interest like 300-400 % per year. These loans are for people who are in need of a quick cash before salary or something like this, because If you take 100$ you will return 200$ after 1 or 2 months. These credit institutions are giving you a loan when you only provide them your ID information, if you are with clean credit history they automatically give you from 100 to 1000$ in a minutes. You get the money transfered to your debit card and you go to the closest ATM and get it. You can even return the first couple of loans to gain some trust from these institutions and at the end get about up to 40-50 000 from each one. There are like 100 such institution and you can do this with lot and lot of IDs, the only investment is the fake ID! So please BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU PROVIDE YOUR INFO ON THE NET!!! I never made such a thing, because I cannot just scam people like this, but believe me there are lot of people who are ready to do this and make lot of quick money because you posted your ID on some forum!
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 12:25:14 PM

You are 100% right.

I think it is pretty stupid to send your ID scan/photo/etc. to unknown person.

You can find later on some debits to pay :-) .. which you never knew that you made :-)

Di not send your ID to anyone. My best advice.
gondel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:31:39 PM

Just want to post one article related to fake Bulgarian ID :
http://www.vsekiden.com/149512
It is in Bulgarian, but use google translator and you will be amased how easy it is to get one Wink
BR

PS  Want to clear that I AM NOT OFFERING SUCH SERVICE  Cheesy
MoneyGod

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:33:48 PM

Giving personal ID for loan here on this forum is very risky I believe no one try to do this and never give any loan with these ID's because its also very risky many fake documents available around here 

niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:38:27 PM

And this is why i don't give my ID to anyone on internet,not even bitcoin exchanges.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 03:26:15 PM

And this is why i don't give my ID to anyone on internet,not even bitcoin exchanges.

I would definetly refuse to give any personal info to these exchanges, we all know how easily they can be hacked.. CoughGOXcough
thefuture

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

★☆★777Coin.com★☆★ What are you waiting for?

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

I wouldn't even use a Bitcoin ATM that requires ID and handprint scanning. Sure it looks safe, BUT IT IS NOT!

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 03:36:49 PM

I would definetly refuse to give any personal info to these exchanges, we all know how easily they can be hacked.. CoughGOXcough

Yes. It is very dangerous. In most cases I leave sites which ask my ID and such things. I don't why they need it, Bitcoin is anonymous, so why don't the exchanges make it like that? Not only the sites, our uploading a can be in the server for sometime and it can bd accessed very easily.
Btw nice post. I hope this can save some. Smiley
Kindly,
       MZ

niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:57:05 PM

Yes. It is very dangerous. In most cases I leave sites which ask my ID and such things. I don't why they need it, Bitcoin is anonymous, so why don't the exchanges make it like that? Not only the sites, our uploading a can be in the server for sometime and it can bd accessed very easily.
Btw nice post. I hope this can save some. Smiley
Kindly,
       MZ
I do the same and it's true it can happen that the exchange gets hacked i saw it many times...
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 06:10:43 PM

Someone gave me an ID out of good faith for a loan. I've verified that it's real. Some people are just that desperate in hard times.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:30:30 PM

I've received ID from many people who I've lent too, normally verify it's real then dispose of it when business is completed. But, yeah there is always a risk. What a lot of people do now is give their ID to trusted escrows. Although, even then there is always a chance the escrow could do something malicious with the ID.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:31:45 PM

Thanks for the tip I should imagine not a lot of people want to give out their id to anyone anyway.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
gondel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:39:04 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 11:49:01 AM by gondel

Hello,
Sorry for the bump, but there still a lot of people who are ready to give their ID on the forum! People, just dont do silly stuff for little cash.
Too easy to scam you! If someone get a loan with your ID you can be searched by interpol worldwide!
Just be careful and open your eyes for scamy people.
BR
Gondel
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:30:02 PM

I do see some people posting their ID's on the web to ask for loans. I dont get it why they do such things even if there is no assurance that they can be approved for a loan.
gondel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:12:15 PM

I do see some people posting their ID's on the web to ask for loans. I dont get it why they do such things even if there is no assurance that they can be approved for a loan.
This Is totally true!
I am tired of seeing more and more IDs on the internet. Hope this words will reach more people who also register to different exchanges and give their personal info to activate their accounts , etc.
Personal info is only given to the Police or Banks ( places which you need to avoid Cheesy)
BR
Gondel
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: