Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:06:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken module 1T25 for Dragon Miner 1TH/s  (Read 2889 times)
cogo (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:24:04 PM

Hi,

Unfortunatelly, one of the four module from my Dragon Miner 1Th/s is broken. I believe that three A1 chips are burned.
Can I fix it somehow? For example, is there a software solution to disable that tree chips (the broken module is shown in web statistics but it says that it hashes with 1.6Th/s ....)

Maybe some of you can fix it and would like to buy such broken blade? What should I do with this? Have you got any idea?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-SB__imbydQk/U87AU5ziu5I/AAAAAAAAADY/kHWfhHAEe5w/w777-h583-no/IMG_20140722_153645.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ICg5f9ozPM8/U87AUW28EZI/AAAAAAAAACc/D2GYhjnjwcw/w777-h583-no/IMG_20140722_153528.jpg
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:22:21 AM

Hi,

Unfortunatelly, one of the four module from my Dragon Miner 1Th/s is broken. I believe that three A1 chips are burned.
Can I fix it somehow? For example, is there a software solution to disable that tree chips (the broken module is shown in web statistics but it says that it hashes with 1.6Th/s ....)

Maybe some of you can fix it and would like to buy such broken blade? What should I do with this? Have you got any idea?

Depending on how long ago you bought it you might contact seller if they have good relationship with lketc they might be able to get a replacement if in warranty still.
cogo (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:13:35 AM

I bought it on ebay without warranty...
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:12:05 PM

I bought it on ebay without warranty...

If you just bought it might ask seller on Ebay if any chance of discount.  Slim but worth a shot.

Well the if the chip's are truly effected.  Chances of being able to fix it as a individual are slip.  I'm sure there are some that are guru's of it and have tools and can do it, but most likely very few can fix.

I do know a seller with a good relationship with LKETC if your interested i can ask if he's able to get module and price.  PM me your general location (state/country) so I can get a idea on shipping with it.  

But your best bet as far as getting good board is to sell that one on forum there is a selling forum on here, and buy anther board.  Depending on how machine is working with that board will depend on what is best.  If it's working with some of chips on board you might be best to run with a few chips down, if whole board is not working then replacing it would make sense.  

I welcome others opinions here if they see/think of a way to fix board.   Please speak up and help poster.  

*My standard warning with not seeing board running a board with issues i take no responsibility if problems/damage as I cannot say without seeing what can happen
cogo (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:01:51 PM

Thanks a lot for your replay. I've already asked for new board and its is somethinkg like 300$. I believe that it is not worth it. I will try to sell it, maybe somebody can fix it for herself.
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:03:43 PM

When you restart your miner, the faulty module hash normal for a couple minutes and after a few minutes you get strange hashing speed?
If that is the case, your chips are not burn, but probably your VRM acting strange and need replacement, you can ask someone who has the right tools and skills to check your module or take it to a repair shop.

fred96002001

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:32:20 PM

When you restart your miner, the faulty module hash normal for a couple minutes and after a few minutes you get strange hashing speed?
If that is the case, your chips are not burn, but probably your VRM acting strange and need replacement, you can ask someone who has the right tools and skills to check your module or take it to a repair shop.

where do i find this part? i got the same problem even got a pic to show you. http://postimg.org/image/41g88szpb/ mine keeps on going crazy on its own like this. then blade 3 will now even show up.
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:31:41 PM

I see a not as decribed case comming!!! joking of course

if you dont find a solution with your seller try contacting lketc they are responding.
ask them to purchase another module also on the fleabay was a seller offering boards some time ago.
I think was resilient something..
fred96002001

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:26:09 AM

ok i ordered me some parts here is who sells them

this is a whole page full of parts for this model here this is a us seller.

http://titanminer.com/?product_cat=miner-parts
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:14:38 PM

ok i ordered me some parts here is who sells them

this is a whole page full of parts for this model here this is a us seller.

http://titanminer.com/?product_cat=miner-parts

One thing you might keep in mind is you can get raspberry pi cheaper on amazon and put SD card in with software if you just need it.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:39:55 PM

you also can ask directly to lketc if they can sell you the exacts componants you need..
this is the contact: lketc.nancy@gmail.com

cheers Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: