Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:42:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebola virus-- it's origins, its destiny, and its effects  (Read 2246 times)
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:02:31 PM

Is the media playing this thing down to avoid mass panic?  What will our views of ebola be in say 5 years?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-ebola-atlanta-20140802-story.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/02/world/africa/african-leaders-and-who-intensify-effort-to-combat-ebola-virus.html?_r=0

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:17:09 PM

Whatever! There's not ONE case of any person now in the US that has contracted Ebola.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:15:11 PM

This shits too scary for me. I always imagine something like this will be what ends with the human race, rather than some kind of mega war.

bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:44:03 AM

Whatever! There's not ONE case of any person now in the US that has contracted Ebola.

So, an American doctor has been infected and he's coming back to the United States to get treatment. Your statement is now invalid.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:16:45 AM

There's enough people who hate this world who would like to see Ebola spread and will do it themselves.

This is often forgotten but Europe, during the Black Death (killed 50 - 200 million), the flagellants were a doomsday cult who were actively spreading the infection to as many people as possible.    The flagellants, who were often infected themselves, would literally go from town to town to spread the Black Death.

Then there were people who were poisoning the wells with biological contaminants.

Just wait until someone dumps Ebola into a drinking reservoir supplying a million, there's someone crazy enough out there to try it.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:23:02 AM

From the looks of it, the movie isn't as far fetched as I had thought, if a doctor could get it (accidentally I'm guessing, but he was a bit too close and over gracious towards the victims).

bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:25:41 AM

From the looks of it, the movie isn't as far fetched as I had thought, if a doctor could get it (accidentally I'm guessing, but he was a bit too close and over gracious towards the victims).

The doctor was dealing with infected patients. The virus literally makes you bleed out of everywhere / vomit / etc.. Literally, every bit of you is sending out bodily fluids which even will infect you if they even touch your skin. Of course a doctor is going to be infected eventually.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:37:47 AM

So, an American doctor has been infected and he's coming back to the United States to get treatment. Your statement is now invalid.

Whatever! There's not TWO cases of any person now in the US that has contracted Ebola.  Grin

<Actually, I was aware of the Atlanta case prior to penning the previous post.>
Fair and Peace

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:37:58 AM

agree thats why all virus to crime people need gone by. some new fud on spreaddin on facebook.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:45:26 AM

Whatever! There's not TWO cases of any person now in the US that has contracted Ebola.  Grin

<Actually, I was aware of the Atlanta case prior to penning the previous post.>

Yes, aid worker + doctor.
Krang

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:50:38 AM

Is the media playing this thing down to avoid mass panic? 

Probably the opposite. The media is the one causing panic. It's probably not a problem.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:49:14 AM

Probably the opposite. The media is the one causing panic. It's probably not a problem.

When the World Health Organization makes comments like these, you can't expect the media to not play it up.
http://www.thehealthsite.com/news/ebola-virus-outbreak-spreading-faster-than-efforts-to-control-it-who/
obocaman

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:13:42 PM

Is this fixed yet'?
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:09:44 PM

When the World Health Organization makes comments like these, you can't expect the media to not play it up.
http://www.thehealthsite.com/news/ebola-virus-outbreak-spreading-faster-than-efforts-to-control-it-who/

To be fair, it's rather scary. If it went airborne or waterborne (or BOTH), we'd be in massive trouble, even in the United States. All it'd take is a single journalist who didn't know it mutated to be infected and come back to the USA. It has a three week incubation period in which you'd be unsure if you're infected. Literally every person that journalist would come into contact would be infected (think if it's a larger media organization that sends people out everywhere, it'd spread like wildfire! I mean, think about travelling to a single airport alone and infecting just 20 people around you).

Is this fixed yet'?

Can you not fucking read? You're a fucking idiot. Seriously, are you just posting for the sake of posting to get your post count / activity up or are you just completely retarded?

RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 01:11:33 PM

Yep he actually got to Atlanta in the AM so the statement was false from the start.

Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:45:05 PM

I bet cannabis is the cure

i am here.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:16:31 PM

That's how it started  Wink

Actually, the UN issued a warning to stop eating dead fruit bats off the ground. Yes, the same people who eat dead fruit bats off the ground are going to be the same people that own TVs, radios, and internet access.

RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 04:26:35 PM

Actually, the UN issued a warning to stop eating dead fruit bats off the ground. Yes, the same people who eat dead fruit bats off the ground are going to be the same people that own TVs, radios, and internet access.

Damn it, I was having grilled Fruit Bats fresh from the floor tonight for dinner, Maybe 2 day old road kill opossum will have to do.

But really I guess if you hungry you will eat anything.

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:28:13 PM

There are many flu diseases that came and offered no real thread of a big outbreak.

I think ebola will be restricted to poor african countries, even if it somehow outbreaks to any decent country, it will be a short one, since the disease is too deadly to spread.

Only risk is it being used as some kind of mass destruction weapon, but for me it is more unlikely than a natural outbreak
bluefirecorp
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:30:00 PM

Damn it, I was having grilled Fruit Bats fresh from the floor tonight for dinner, Maybe 2 day old road kill opossum will have to do.

But really I guess if you hungry you will eat anything.

Sorry, I misread that, UN said any dead animal on the ground. Might be better off killing a squirrel or something. Just make sure you cook him pretty well. Last thing you want is rabies Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: