Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:34:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Holders: Will you continue to hold or convert to Bitcoin?  (Read 2478 times)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 11:36:54 AM

Posted this on Reddit and got basically no responses.  Still wondering:

I'm really not sure what to do. I have significant Litecoin holdings. I've been holding out for that next Bitcoin spike were LTC also goes up. I planned to cash out at that point. But it's just not happening. And seeing the decoupling of the two price trends, when they were so closely tied for so long, further concerns me.

Those of you holding relevant amounts of Litecoin: Are you going to convert to Bitcoin pretty soon here? Or is there still some indication out there that LTC will be the next welcome currency after Bitcoin?  To businesses.  etc.  If we base this on infrastructure and merchant adoption, we are looking at pretty much zilch on the horizon.

Will we get one more spike in price? Or should we convert to Bitcoin now...

-B-

so the recent adoption(s) for Bitcoin that showed a net price decline encouraged you?

save economic wipe-out your about to be a 2x bag holder.

Bitcoin is heavily speculated on but in the long run those adoptions are what will be the foundation of the currency. People expect big news like that already, they've bought BTC thinking such things were bound to happen. Just because the price didn't go up doesn't mean that those adoptions weren't massive victories for Bitcoin.

not if the network collapses in on itself though hey?

also - LTC bagholders i can almost guarantee you LTC is going lower  it's just basics guys think hard.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 11:40:39 AM

I'm really not sure what to do. I have significant Litecoin holdings. I've been holding out for that next Bitcoin spike were LTC also goes up. I planned to cash out at that point. But it's just not happening. And seeing the decoupling of the two price trends, when they were so closely tied for so long, further concerns me.

Those of you holding relevant amounts of Litecoin: Are you going to convert to Bitcoin pretty soon here? Or is there still some indication out there that LTC will be the next welcome currency after Bitcoin?  To businesses.  etc.  If we base this on infrastructure and merchant adoption, we are looking at pretty much zilch on the horizon.

-B-

so the recent adoption(s) for Bitcoin that showed a net price decline encouraged you?

Bitcoin is heavily speculated on but in the long run those adoptions are what will be the foundation of the currency. People expect big news like that already, they've bought BTC thinking such things were bound to happen. Just because the price didn't go up doesn't mean that those adoptions weren't massive victories for Bitcoin.

also - LTC bagholders i can almost guarantee you LTC is going lower  it's just basics guys think hard.

here's a hint -

its august KNC have had their hardware for a long time they are just taking their cut - then they ship and everyone else then has to get their cut .

you can live on a fantasy if you like , but reality will catch up with you - don't get me wrong i HOPE it goes up : D

i'll take a BET with you seeing we all hate Quark ha ha post delivery lets see who performs better ? % wise.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 12:11:33 PM

7 bucks guieys !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:52:46 PM

-B-

Yeah, if Bitcoin has problems in the future its mainly going to be related to lack of technical progression and lack of improvements related to ease of use. But for now I'm impressed with how business are embracing Bitcoin.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 01:28:23 PM

-B-

Yeah, if Bitcoin has problems in the future its mainly going to be related to lack of technical progression and lack of improvements related to ease of use. But for now I'm impressed with how business are embracing Bitcoin.

you don't think :

that's a problem

and the fact it means effective price control because a tiny fraction of people are producing it all?

and then because of that huge run up of centralization - if the price stagnates lower giving multiple opportunties for multiple 51% attacks with no checkpoint, a long distribution and a fixed number. 

^^^^

none of that is of any concern to you?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Limpuls

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:25:30 PM

I think there is room on the market for bitcoin as first currency that came out and has first mover advantage and one alt currency but it wont be litecoin anymore. There is too many better options, especially that so called bitcoin 2.0 coins that offers so much more. If they will deliver this, nobody will even look at btc 1.0 coins anymore. If you are willing to invest in ltc anyway it is very risky gambling imo.
Then what is the better choose to invest in than LTC? Except BTC of course. DRK? Coz I can see only this alt quality after BTC and LTC.
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:28:05 PM

weak hands please sell now to not fuck up the next LTC-rally. Thank you.
ElitistCA

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:57:51 PM

in case I would like to convert to bitcoin I would scream "Im holding", or atleast that what I think about peeps on this forum.  Tongue

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 06:02:17 PM

In case you are a long time holder of LTC, like many others, you should have sold earlier if you were planning converting to BTC or fiat. It doesn't make sense doing it right now, unless you have great indicators it only to go lower.
To me, it still holds second place. If new people decide they think BTC is too 'expensive' during a rally, they will search for a 'cheaper' option: LTC

+1.

I am holding. I won't sell unless it is necessary. LTC price went down but I think it will rice again with BTC price.
Kindly,
      MZ

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 06:48:33 PM

i'll take a BET with you seeing we all hate Quark ha ha post delivery lets see who performs better ? % wise.

Hunh...so that's why you've been so oddly cynical about other coins. You're a Quark evangelist.

As a helper to you, I can say that there was a time when I was tempted to buy and HODL a haunch of Quark - and follow up by pitching in to help build the ecosystem. Although it's a long-term hold, you do have a really good alt in Quark.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 06:52:49 PM

in case I would like to convert to bitcoin I would scream "Im holding", or atleast that what I think about peeps on this forum.  Tongue

Much more common than you think. The secret wisdom at the core of contrarian investing is this: People are openly bullish about assets they've already bought, but they are not openly bullish about assets they are planning to buy.

Grasp this point and you'll see why an asset is most vulnerable when most everyone is bullish about it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 07:15:25 PM

Hunh...so that's why you've been so oddly cynical about other coins. You're a Quark evangelist.

As a helper to you, I can say that there was a time when I was tempted to buy and HODL a haunch of Quark - and follow up by pitching in to help build the ecosystem. Although it's a long-term hold, you do have a really good alt in Quark.

well thank you - but i'm no evangelist i like to follow something called "reality" .

Quark has the best fundamentals - and it can adapt to newer ones, nothing holds it back - that's the key.

look at it like this :

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:12:28 PM

-B-

you don't think :

that's a problem

and the fact it means effective price control because a tiny fraction of people are producing it all?

and then because of that huge run up of centralization - if the price stagnates lower giving multiple opportunties for multiple 51% attacks with no checkpoint, a long distribution and a fixed number. 

^^^^

none of that is of any concern to you?

Yes, which is why I said "lack of technical progression" meaning not fixing problems like that.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 08:29:31 PM

well thank you - but i'm no evangelist i like to follow something called "reality" .

Quark has the best fundamentals - and it can adapt to newer ones, nothing holds it back - that's the key.

look at it like this :

Can's disagree with you - I really can't - but I do have to point out that I'm pretty much spoken for. See my sig.

rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:02:43 PM

But I am confident it will see 0.03 again in the next months.

You must be investing your life savings then because that's more than a 200% gain... Just out of curiosity, how did you arrive at such confident certainty with your prediction?

history + hashing/mining + instinct

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 06:12:35 AM

look at it like this :

Can's disagree with you - I really can't - but I do have to point out that I'm pretty much spoken for. See my sig.

I didn't i realize i asked you out on a date?

we need to text first? you buy me a coffee?

**no fisting.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:33:38 AM

digitalindustry , GTFO I can't believe you still talk about that piece of shit quarkcoin like it's a good coin that's going places

$ 4,178 in 24 hour volume

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:35:17 AM

Posted this on Reddit and got basically no responses.  Still wondering:

Those of you holding relevant amounts of Litecoin: Are you going to convert to Bitcoin pretty soon here? Or is there still some indication out there that LTC will be the next welcome currency after Bitcoin?  To businesses.  etc.  If we base this on infrastructure and merchant adoption, we are looking at pretty much zilch on the horizon.

-B-
HI,
Depends on what price you bought those LTC. How much did you pay for your LTC? Did you mien them?
In my opinion it is good to buy BTC with your LTC now.
BR
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:00:23 AM

You mean cash out into Monero?
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 10:04:09 AM

digitalindustry , GTFO I can't believe you still talk about that piece of shit quarkcoin like it's a good coin that's going places

$ 4,178 in 24 hour volume

yeah theres a reason for that - and its this....ready;

you are the dumb fuck bad trader with bunches of worthless LTC right now, where (in fiat$) exactly did you buy? , i'll tell you where i purchased Quark no problem.

other point ; your  "Volume" meme is no better than the NXT guys talking about "Market Cap Skillz"  

volume in fiat means donkey dicks, its the volume of units in relation to the total number fool.

you're still a cool guy - just a bit down on your luck that's all, Quark is on discount ; )

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: