Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:09:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Open Source] - BTC-E API in C#  (Read 2361 times)
th3b0y (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:23:48 AM

Hello everyone.

I'm starting to fork an old API to improve it and make it simpler and ensure behavior by unit testing all of the code. I started today and won't work every day on the project, but it is now on GitHub (Check it out).

The project is aimed to offer an API developed in C#. The tests are written using NUnit and DotCover to check test coverage. I want to do a nice job on the API, as we don't see many trustworthy options for free. The behavior is never properly checked and tested using automated tests, and when it is tested, the coverage is poor. At the end of the day, nobody knows exactly which behavior to expect.

At the moment I started working on the tests of the lower layers, so I haven't started to code the top layers.

I know there are always people saying stupid things about new projects coming to the public, but I decided to play with it and deliver a nice tool for our community.  I'm a new user in this forum, but not in the BTC world.

I want to have a good API to develop on top of. If you share this desire, help me on the project, donate, or just support by commenting on the post. =)

BTC : 1HKpivgbcH9uoXCYeeLHMjRjBnuMVg4fUK

LTC: LSxjMiGJUGSC3XaYhCGxPestLSWLiyurXr

Wink
halorose

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:07:07 AM

hope it's not a scam.  Grin
th3b0y (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:44:34 AM

hope it's not a scam.  Grin

It's not a scam. It's a free and open source project. Anyone can check the code. Also, donation is not a must to have the project completed. I'll do that because I would like to have a nice API to work on top of.
rapta

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:50:13 PM

Is this intended to be a wrapper for the btc-e APIs?
th3b0y (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:59:36 PM

Is this intended to be a wrapper for the btc-e APIs?

Yes. A fully tested API that communicates to BTC-E.
th3b0y (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:25:24 PM

Commited some new changes. Basic functions are fully tested already. It now needs tests on the layer on the top, the one developers will work on.

Link to the Git Repository https://github.com/brunoamancio/ViolinBTCE
th3b0y (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:32:45 PM

Smiley

New changes. The API is now working and some code examples are already available. Tests are at 91% for the current implemented operations.

Check the project on https://github.com/brunoamancio/ViolinBTCE
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:08:25 AM

Smiley

New changes. The API is now working and some code examples are already available. Tests are at 91% for the current implemented operations.

If u have time at hand, I would request u to take up an open source block explorer project. The community is deeply lacking here. Especially one, with send/receive API. Except for blockchain.info, almost none provide it !!!

th3b0y (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:54:17 AM

Smiley

If u have time at hand, I would request u to take up an open source block explorer project. The community is deeply lacking here. Especially one, with send/receive API. Except for blockchain.info, almost none provide it !!!

Thank you for the suggestion. That's a good idea. I could implement features to get information from the block chain as soon as I finish verson 1.0 of this current project. My goal for 2.0 is to allow trading in different markets easily, and now, maybe be able to get information from the block chain.  Smiley
th3b0y (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:07:29 PM

New changes. Unit Tests Covered 100% of the implemented code. I will start adding new operations asap.
th3b0y (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:36:19 PM

New changes. Added 2 new operations. Soon all basic operations will be completely implemented and tested. When that happens, version 1.0 will be complete.

Version 2.0 will come in future. I plan on having many different "brokers" support, make use of PostSharp attributes and have Tests using mocking.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: