Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:52:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: windows phone app  (Read 5043 times)
bitlegger (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:09:16 PM

does anyone know what is happening with windows phone wallet apps?

I had two of those, one for coinbase and one for blockchain, and both worked beautifully until recently.

I had them uninstalled because I had to lend my phone to someone for a time and I did not want any trouble. 

now... I went to the store to reinstall and they are both GONE!

Coinbase support says they "do not offer" it.  Blockchain.info links this new (and improved) blockchain wallet app in the store,
but it is not working properly. When sending coin it ignores decimal point, so if I try sending 0.012 BTC it will actually send 12 BTC.
It is probably written by some rich dude who does not care about fractions of BTC

Funniest part is that there seems to be an old style blockchain wallet still in store on web site, it is only downloadable as a xap file, but I cant install it, says "your company app cannot be installed".

Looks to me like some Microsoft new policy.  Somehow they decided if it is available on iPod it should NOT be available on WinPhone.

I am seriously thinking about ditching this windows phone for good.  Do they make problems like this for Android users?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gugun Blues Shelter

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:19:42 PM

dont save a lot money in there many problem on wallet crash and probably forget pass .
maybe you need some exchange to put your money .
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:38:10 PM

Do they make problems like this for Android users?
Nope. Windows Phone sucks bigtime for Bitcoin. Android always had the most support for Bitcoin wallets and apps, and although Apple is now allowing Bitcoin wallets as well (they used to ban Bitcoin wallet apps for quite some time) I'd still choose Android hands down.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:45:33 PM

Nope. Windows Phone sucks bigtime for Bitcoin.
Have people even attempted to develop wallets for Windows Phone? The app OP is talking about is the only one I've ever seen, and (at least in these forums) I have never seen anybody complaining about Windows not approving their apps (unlike Apple).

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
bitlegger (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:28:31 PM

actually, I believe there was someone complaining about Microsoft rejecting their app here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphone/comments/1ahavh/microsoft_rejected_my_bitcoin_wallet_app_how_long/

I am now beginning to believe in Microsoft conspiracy against Bitcoin. They probably have nefarious plans of developing their own cryptocurrency
R2D221

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:22:03 PM

I remember that thread. Basically, the developer failed to create a secure client, which was why it was rejected by Microsoft.

So, there are no evil plans. If they were, app stores wouldn't even exist.

bitlegger (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:35:54 AM

yes, it turns out there is no evil Microsoft conspiracy, not this time anyway. 

They (app developer not Microsoft)  fixed buggy app I mentioned in original post.  It now works fine. The problem is solved.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:06:19 PM

yes, it turns out there is no evil Microsoft conspiracy, not this time anyway. 

They (app developer not Microsoft)  fixed buggy app I mentioned in original post.  It now works fine. The problem is solved.
So, is there currently a working Bitcoin wallet app available in the Windows Phone Store? If yes, can you post a link please? Because I can't find it.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Touchdown

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:49:56 PM

There's this one, but I haven't tried it:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/bitcoin/ca65fc5b-14f0-4da4-8e39-e2d4b702b2ea

I would LOVE to see something like mycelium on Windows Phone, but there's no sign of that happening any time soon.

Damn shame because it's the only thing preventing me switching back from Android (sorry, just prefer Windows Phone, don't know why).

You'll just have to make do with an online wallet for now, something simple like rushwallet.com or blockchain.info

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:27:58 PM

try something : buy a refurbished android phone ... and enjoy.
keep the windows mobile because of your job. (right ?)
R2D221

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:30:51 PM

No. I've always hated when someone asks for an app in a specific platform, and the answer is “Buy another phone”. I don't want another phone. If I wanted another phone, I would have bought it in the first place.

starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:51:48 PM

No. I've always hated when someone asks for an app in a specific platform, and the answer is “Buy another phone”. I don't want another phone. If I wanted another phone, I would have bought it in the first place.

+1

I have windows phone because I like the platform.
achtung082

Activity: 358
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:44:20 PM

+1

I have windows phone because I like the platform.

I like the windows phone for work. I have an Android and a Windows phone.

Support sidehack projects: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
My Sales Wallet BTC:bc1qxtxsc86lessnrsm52gf7qgmqle75htdr03zdd7 - LTC:LNLKyKkGNCJakZudGjc2qg26yYz7oeo92k - ETH:0xDf1b17872D9Ff22F04270BbDA13556B3E1649E27
true-asset

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

https://github.com/urocoin/nuro-intel-xdk/releases/tag/1.0.2.1 - there is a Windows 8 mobile app build.

Also available on web - http://nuroapp.github.io

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:59:14 PM

https://github.com/urocoin/nuro-intel-xdk/releases/tag/1.0.2.1 - there is a Windows 8 mobile app build.

Do you mean the windows8 really is for windows phone 8?
true-asset

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 02:42:25 PM

Yes its the same build I will be submitting to the Windows 8 Store - the app will work on Win RT, Win 8 and Win Phone 8 devices.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 07:02:17 PM

Yes its the same build I will be submitting to the Windows 8 Store - the app will work on Win RT, Win 8 and Win Phone 8 devices.

great, make sure you submit it to the store and paste the link here when it passes.
Nicolas Dorier

Activity: 714
Merit: 619

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:35:36 AM

Now you can make your own https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=886525.0 Wink

Bitcoin address 15sYbVpRh6dyWycZMwPdxJWD4xbfxReeHe
XXX_BTC1@

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:40:55 AM

does anyone know what is happening with windows phone wallet apps?

I had two of those, one for coinbase and one for blockchain, and both worked beautifully until recently.

I had them uninstalled because I had to lend my phone to someone for a time and I did not want any trouble. 

now... I went to the store to reinstall and they are both GONE!

Coinbase support says they "do not offer" it.  Blockchain.info links this new (and improved) blockchain wallet app in the store,
but it is not working properly. When sending coin it ignores decimal point, so if I try sending 0.012 BTC it will actually send 12 BTC.
It is probably written by some rich dude who does not care about fractions of BTC

Funniest part is that there seems to be an old style blockchain wallet still in store on web site, it is only downloadable as a xap file, but I cant install it, says "your company app cannot be installed".

Looks to me like some Microsoft new policy.  Somehow they decided if it is available on iPod it should NOT be available on WinPhone.

I am seriously thinking about ditching this windows phone for good.  Do they make problems like this for Android users?
no you don't save lot of money in to your desktop wallet. because you try to use this wallet. if you keep more money in to desktop wallet then you have to facing more problems so no need about that wallet. you just use another best and secure wallet it is great and secure wallet. so you have to try this wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: