Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:04:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Google: cost of an ounce of gold  (Read 1208 times)
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:30:02 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cost+of+an+ounce+of+gold

Why does google have to be all sassy about it?

That analysis suggested the price of gold should be somewhere around $1600 to $1800 per ounce. However, if we expect each dollar in the money supply to be backed by the gold stock of the United States government, as some believe, we are in for a big surprise.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 02:40:47 PM

Because no one knows where the gold the U.S owns actually is or even if it exists or not, I don't understand why people have to be so defensive when they get questioned about stuff like this, if everything is fine, then they have nothing to hide Tongue
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:44:23 PM

That analysis suggested the price of gold should be somewhere around $1600 to $1800 per ounce. However, if we expect each dollar in the money supply to be backed by the gold stock of the United States government, as some believe, we are in for a big surprise.

Seems to me to be some sort of cloak-ad campaign via Google, i.e. Pay-2-Place.
ncsupanda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:47:09 PM

Because no one knows where the gold the U.S owns actually is or even if it exists or not, I don't understand why people have to be so defensive when they get questioned about stuff like this, if everything is fine, then they have nothing to hide Tongue

I just think it's funny that  google responds to it like that
swingline

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 01:28:01 PM

The United states has been off the gold standard since 1933. In fact no country is currently using gold to back their currency.
JLynn171

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:40:24 PM

The United states has been off the gold standard since 1933. In fact no country is currently using gold to back their currency.

very correct gold no longer backs the federal reserve.... if wanted more info on who owns the banks google Rothschild family...
flyingcatt

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:07:36 PM

The Rothchilds are scary. Why do they have these faces?   Cry
madken7777

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:37:50 PM

Sell bitcoin and buy gold. Gold will always have value.
JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:42:22 PM

buy land to grow gardens near stream creek or river.... when world is short on food supply you will never be able to eat your gold
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:45:13 PM

buy land to grow gardens near stream creek or river.... when world is short on food supply you will never be able to eat your gold

well, it's not like you can eat the water from the river you live near. and besides that, if there's a shortage of water, it doesn't matter that you live near a river. people will flock nearby.

meanwhile, you could easily trade gold for good/water.
trader001

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:05:42 PM

well, it's not like you can eat the water from the river you live near. and besides that, if there's a shortage of water, it doesn't matter that you live near a river. people will flock nearby.

meanwhile, you could easily trade gold for good/water.

Why not think ahead of everyone and load on on gun, crossbow, bullets and arrows then?

IacceptBTC

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:41:36 AM

The value of gold is much less then what the market gives it. The value of gold is from it's perceived store of value.
xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:12:53 PM

The value of gold is much less then what the market gives it. The value of gold is from it's perceived store of value.

The West wants gold price low so they can maintain the USD as the world's reserve currency. The East wants gold cheap so they can continue to accumulate bullion at low prices.

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:35:19 PM

Oooh I remeber begging my parents to allow me to invest $200 into google when they went public...  Alas "I had no idea what I was talking about, google isn't real and won't be worth anything"......................
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 03:46:21 PM

Oooh I remeber begging my parents to allow me to invest $200 into google when they went public...  Alas "I had no idea what I was talking about, google isn't real and won't be worth anything"......................
In the future, Google will dominate the world.  Tongue
I thought the currencies stopped being backed by gold at some point.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:57:47 PM

In the future, Google will dominate the world.  Tongue
I thought the currencies stopped being backed by gold at some point.

Since 1912 in reality, but 1971 in our imaginary world of retardedness.

Once a private entity has complete control over your monetary policies and cannot be audited they start loaning out fractionally..  Our sell out leaders sold us out and made laws allowing them to loan money out fractionally and force us to bail them out when it all collapses.. 

This is why 99.999% of the entire planets population are debt slaves.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: