Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 05:22:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW] Bitcoin Reserve Arbitrage Fund - scam or not?  (Read 2852 times)
SanderBTC (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:21:54 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 12:39:18 AM by SanderBTC

Guys,

Is Bitcoin Reserve Arbitrage Fund a scam or not?

http://bitcoinsreserve.com/services/arbitrage/fund

Have anybody done any due diligence of these companies?

tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:13:37 PM

No due dilligence done, but that's some seriously impressive sales bullshit  informative website they've got there.....
Looks like everyone and their uncle is making huge money 'arbitraging' these days, and all too willing to share amazing returns with us lucky people.
These guys are pretty conservative, only 662% per annum so far.  Sad  Must try harder.
I was thinking about setting up an "Arbitrage of the Arbitrageurs" fund: you give me money and I arbitrage all the HYIP's for you.
Lock in $5000 with me for a couple of years and I'll return you the GDP of a small country, guaranteed.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
SanderBTC (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:36:10 AM

No due dilligence done, but that's some seriously impressive sales bullshit  informative website they've got there.....
Looks like everyone and their uncle is making huge money 'arbitraging' these days, and all too willing to share amazing returns with us lucky people.
These guys are pretty conservative, only 662% per annum so far.  Sad  Must try harder.
I was thinking about setting up an "Arbitrage of the Arbitrageurs" fund: you give me money and I arbitrage all the HYIP's for you.
Lock in $5000 with me for a couple of years and I'll return you the GDP of a small country, guaranteed.

Maybe you are right but there are many news about them:

https://www.google.com/?q=bitcoin+reserve+arbitrage+fund&start=0#q=bitcoin+reserve+arbitrage+fund

Do you think his profile is a fake too?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/aspiringentrepreneur
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:10:10 AM

No, I don't think that Mr. Lee is 'fake', although a Linkedin profile isn't exactly critical analysis.
The Google link seems to go to stories mainly about his embarassing 100 BTc phish.

There are a number of self proclaimed hedge funds, arbitrageurs and 'expert' traders about at the moment in Bitcoin.
Promised returns of 20% monthly, 600% annually are everywhere, backed up by impressive websites and a huge amount of hype.
The Bitcoin community is a Gift from God to scammers and conmen because of its toxic mixture of new ecosystem, naivety and ideology.

I have been trading for a loooong time, I know how hard it is to turn in regular profits. If you believe these people, not only have they discovered a way to turn huge profits, day in day out risk free, but they are also willing to double and treble your money, whilst settling for a managing percentage for themselves.
That's like owning the Goose that lays Golden Eggs, but only keeping the feathers for yourself. It doesn't make sense to me, so I have no alternative but to be cynical.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
lucaspm98

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:44:18 AM

Let me tell you from experience, 99% of arbitrage claims are fake. It's all hype and slick marketing, it's doubtful there's actually any business being done.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: