Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:04:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AUCTION: 3 x AMT 1.25ths 4u RackMount Miner Auction  (Read 7970 times)
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:54:39 AM

Ok,

We have to abide by the auction rules,and learn from this one. We've reviewed this and at least two need to be sent to Klondike at 1.35.

Please facilitate escrow within the next few hours so that they can get shipped out today. Also add pm your address for a shipping quote. If you're anywhere in America it's about $120 from, so add $120 x 2. This is a substantial loss on our side btw,but now we know for the next auction which we'll be posting shortly.

Thank you. Its morning here and I likely will not be able to arrange payment while at work until this evening.

Shipping would be to Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Escrow could be via CanaryInTheMine or Bitpop - I have reached out to both and await response from them. I would like the terms of escrow to allow 48hrs from delivery for me to inspect the miners and run long enough to ensure they run stable before escrow is released (Can release earlier if no problems arise)

regards,

Can we use John K instead.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:57:50 AM

Ok,

We have to abide by the auction rules,and learn from this one. We've reviewed this and at least two need to be sent to Klondike at 1.35.

Please facilitate escrow within the next few hours so that they can get shipped out today. Also add pm your address for a shipping quote. If you're anywhere in America it's about $120 from, so add $120 x 2. This is a substantial loss on our side btw,but now we know for the next auction which we'll be posting shortly.

Thank you. Its morning here and I likely will not be able to arrange payment while at work until this evening.

Escrow could be via CanaryInTheMine or Bitpop - I have reached out to both and await response from them. I would like the terms of escrow to allow 48hrs from delivery for me to inspect the miners and run long enough to ensure they run stable before escrow is released (Can release earlier if no problems arise)

regards,

Lol wow seriously? I'm out this is way too shady

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:00:07 AM

Ok,

regards,

Lol wow seriously? I'm out this is way too shady

No offense meant by that, but there are some negative reviews there one just yesterday which said "fraud". And again, this is our first auction, and pretty much our first escrow too.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 11:05:03 AM

First those are sent feedbacks, 2, John k has been mia for a year.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:08:56 AM

Really?  That alone should prove that we have never used escrow. And now we feel stupid.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 11:16:06 AM

No problem, good luck.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:23:46 AM

Really?  That alone should prove that we have never used escrow. And now we feel stupid.

Easy misunderstanding at first glance of sent vs received reputation. The bad reputation was sent TO an imposter 'trezor' account.

I still am happy to go ahead with escrow using bit pop who has a great reputation and no reason to dissappear with a measly ~3btc.

Please see if other shipment methods may be competitive - it seems strange that shipping to Canada would cost 3x shipping to the United states does, almost a full bitcoin difference in price.

If you can provide an exact BTC value for 2.7btc plus shipping costs I can move funds to the escrow address asap. I would request that the packages be marked with the auction value or $500 each to spare some expense at the time of delivery

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:41:10 AM

Easy misunderstanding at first glance of sent vs received reputation. The bad reputation was sent TO an imposter 'trezor' account.

I still am happy to go ahead with escrow using bit pop who has a great reputation and no reason to dissappear with a measly ~3btc.

Please see if other shipment methods may be competitive - it seems strange that shipping to Canada would cost 3x shipping to the United states does, almost a full bitcoin difference in price.

If you can provide an exact BTC value for 2.7btc plus shipping costs I can move funds to the escrow address asap. I would request that the packages be marked with the auction value or $500 each to spare some expense at the time of delivery

We'll check some other companies and get back to you, but its like 7:30pm over there so anyway it'll ship tomorrow. Tomorrow morning (your evening) and would most likely arrive on Saturday. we'll see about UPS i they can provide a better quote. The difference in price is because we have discounted rates to and from to specific territories with DHL.Like Shenzhen/Hongkong - Eastcoast, BG- EUROZONE discounts etc. We'll check in the morning and get back to you.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 01:46:26 PM

For legit escrows the following are active and trusted...  TomatoCage / OgNasty / Escrow.ms  I have used all of these guys and trusted them with a lot more than 2-3 Bitcoins.
Mariowot

Activity: 639
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:55:49 PM

I do recommend bitpop, used his escrow service couple of times and everything was great.
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784

Dream become broken often

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:25:37 AM

FYI, john K. isn't mia anymore...but i don't think he is doing escrows anymore...i pm'd him once for an escrow and he never responded, but his account is active again...

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
data55

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:14:59 AM

Have used bitpop 2-3 times, all went flawless.

I'm addicted to hashpower and horsepower.
*Reinstated from hack - Dec. 2020*
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:03:41 PM

It's been 24hrs since the last message by amt_miners and no pm contact either.

What's going on? Bitpop accepted doing escrow and i am willing to pay the unexpectedly high shipping charges to shop today

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
crashoveride54902

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:30:11 PM

What's going on? Bitpop accepted doing escrow and i am willing to pay the unexpectedly high shipping charges to shop today
Think the unexpectedly high shipping is just them trying to save the low auction bid amount? My guess would be yes hehe least you're making them work really hard for their money

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:41:31 AM

Think the unexpectedly high shipping is just them trying to save the low auction bid amount? My guess would be yes hehe least you're making them work really hard for their money

I checked on UPS tracking info for AMT's given measurements and it quoted me about $350-500 per unit and depending on urgency. I suspect it could be done for less if they have a DHL agent, but even that shipping price i can justify paying based on my bid.

nonetheless its been some time since I won and another 36+ hours since I arranged an escrow provider (Bitpop) and accepted that i might pay more than $120 per miner for delivery. I'm losing patience, particularly after I was already approached by an 'AMTminers' scammer on PM

crashoveride54902

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:49:05 AM

I checked on UPS tracking info for AMT's given measurements and it quoted me about $350-500 per unit and depending on urgency. I suspect it could be done for less if they have a DHL agent, but even that shipping price i can justify paying based on my bid.

nonetheless its been some time since I won and another 36+ hours since I arranged an escrow provider (Bitpop) and accepted that i might pay more than $120 per miner for delivery. I'm losing patience, particularly after I was already approached by an 'AMTminers' scammer on PM

sorry but i think your crazy to pay that much on top of the auction price...i'd just ship'em snail mail and hope for the best hehe...but its your money n investment Wink good luck ta ya...if you even get the units lol

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:39:13 AM

Sorry about the delay,

We've been waiting for cheaper quotes and for UPS and FEDEX to get back to us with promises of a competitive quote but they haven't. What do you want to do?
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:24:20 AM

You guys have a whole thread for selling things "AMT Garage Sale" and you're just now contacting different shipping companies for the best rates?
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:07:03 AM

Sorry about the delay,

We've been waiting for cheaper quotes and for UPS and FEDEX to get back to us with promises of a competitive quote but they haven't. What do you want to do?

Crashoveride54902 makes a good point - what sort of price and timing to ship with EMS or similar? $720 DHL shipping would take the first two weeks of running to pay for, so if it can be shipped for less and take a few extra days that could be worthwhike.

If not, please provide the full btc amount for the miners shipped to M6K2Z0 canada and I'll send payment to the Bitpop escrow address today.

braindead

Activity: 452

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:24:19 PM

Just to let you guys know that AMT contacted me regarding the miner i won on this auction and i canceled the deal

They gave me strange answers and quotation regarding the delivery expenses and also didn´t agree with the terms of escrow service

Off course i will leave negative feedback on their trust, this deal was only a lost of time
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: