Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:50:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp FIAT deposits - Check Bank before you send  (Read 2469 times)
RockHound (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:56:52 PM

Guys - just letting you know Bitstamp have changed their affiliate bank.

From UNICREDIT BANKA SLOVENIJA D.D. to RAIFFEISEN BANKA D.D.

So when making your next deposit, check the bank details.

Got a support message from the team because I sent over to their old (Unicredit) account. Funds locked up an extra day so they could match.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:43:08 AM

You would think they would send out an email blast about this to all of their existing customers?

Tsk tsk tsk

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

RockHound (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:51:18 AM

You would think they would send out an email blast about this to all of their existing customers?

Tsk tsk tsk

Definitely - it's pretty strange. Thing is, I think Unicredit is still fully active and they obviously are still crediting clients via that account. Last time they changed Banks, a support message was posted in their News section on 11/04/2013 https://www.bitstamp.net/article/new-banking-details/

This time no announcement/email shots?

They maybe selectively partitioning clients between the two banks until they fully direct all to RAIFFEISEN BANKA D.D.

Anyway, I sent a transfer yesterday morning with the new bank details (RAIFFEISEN) and hoping processing will be faster than Unicredit. Typical transfer in the past took 3 working days. If I get funded later on this morning, I will be happy (2 working days)

They still disclaim 2-5 working days (std international wire)

Also, I will spend a little time once funded, to look into the corporate FX rates (for me it's GBP:USD). Unicredit corporate FX rates were excellent. Hopefully RAIFFEISEN are good too.

RockHound (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:57:16 AM

The change has caused some delays for me too. A wire transfer to the new bank did not go through, claiming that the receiver details were incorrect. It went through after resending with the exact same details.

Thanks for the heads-up brother! Hopefully my 1st deposit goes in smooth. It's like wtf though right? The provided details are in a simple copy and paste format. Furthermore when setting up a new IMT (International Money Transfer) your bank verifies the recipient IBAN.
Only thing I can think of is your unique Bitstamp Reference Code, are you sure you properly referenced the first time?
justforbtc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:03:32 PM

Tsk tsk tsk

Definitely - it's pretty strange. Thing is, I think Unicredit is still fully active and they obviously are still crediting clients via that account. Last time they changed Banks, a support message was posted in their News section on 11/04/2013 https://www.bitstamp.net/article/new-banking-details/

They maybe selectively partitioning clients between the two banks until they fully direct all to RAIFFEISEN BANKA D.D.

Anyway, I sent a transfer yesterday morning with the new bank details (RAIFFEISEN) and hoping processing will be faster than Unicredit. Typical transfer in the past took 3 working days. If I get funded later on this morning, I will be happy (2 working days)

Also, I will spend a little time once funded, to look into the corporate FX rates (for me it's GBP:USD). Unicredit corporate FX rates were excellent. Hopefully RAIFFEISEN are good too.

Mine is changed to RAIFFEISEN too.

Check here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38711.msg7966248#msg7966248

sincere apologies for the misleading information regarding your first question.

Bitstamp recently entered in a relationship with a Raiffeisen Bank. That means that both bank account are operational so you can either transfer your funds to our Raiffeisen or Unicredit account.

The exchange rate stays the same in both cases ( http://www.unicreditbank.si/tecajna_lista/?t=1&id_menu=&language=ENG )

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Anžej Simičak
support manager
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:48:36 PM

Tsk tsk tsk

Mine is changed to RAIFFEISEN too.

Check here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38711.msg7966248#msg7966248

sincere apologies for the misleading information regarding your first question.

Bitstamp recently entered in a relationship with a Raiffeisen Bank. That means that both bank account are operational so you can either transfer your funds to our Raiffeisen or Unicredit account.

The exchange rate stays the same in both cases ( http://www.unicreditbank.si/tecajna_lista/?t=1&id_menu=&language=ENG )

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Anžej Simičak
support manager

Nice one justforbtc!

So they now have two banks for FIAT depositing - perhaps they have partitioned certain clients depending on where they are based.

eg. UK clients, Raiffeisen Bank and USA clients, Unicredit ??

This would explain the lack of any announcements, though an email shot would be great for those clients affected by the change.

It's good to hear no negative press to do with the integrity of Bitstamp/Unicredit relationship. A Coindesk article was just posted regarding an Argentinian based Exchange: http://www.coindesk.com/argentina-bitcoin-exchange-loses-bank-accounts/

This exchange was using Santander Bank for FIAT processing but now are in process of terminating their business relationship.

I sent two consecutive FIAT deposits over to Raiffeisen Bank, should be funded tomorrow morning +  Thursday.

The Corporate FX rate is still linked to Unicredits' Website on Bitstamp - will check to see if in fact still the same.

justforbtc

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:31:18 PM

Nice one justforbtc!

So they now have two banks for FIAT depositing - perhaps they have partitioned certain clients depending on where they are based.

eg. UK clients, Raiffeisen Bank and USA clients, Unicredit ??

This would explain the lack of any announcements, though an email shot would be great for those clients affected by the change.

It's good to hear no negative press to do with the integrity of Bitstamp/Unicredit relationship. A Coindesk article was just posted regarding an Argentinian based Exchange: http://www.coindesk.com/argentina-bitcoin-exchange-loses-bank-accounts/

This exchange was using Santander Bank for FIAT processing but now are in process of terminating their business relationship.

I sent two consecutive FIAT deposits over to Raiffeisen Bank, should be funded tomorrow morning +  Thursday.

The Corporate FX rate is still linked to Unicredits' Website on Bitstamp - will check to see if in fact still the same.

I asked Bitstamp support about using Unicredit instead of the new bank Raiffeisen. Here is their response:

Unfortunately the deposit bank account is not optional and we kindly ask you to please send all your further deposit transfer to the bank account details which are displayed to you once you have requested a deposit.

Best regards,
Marko Rogan
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:36:52 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 01:54:36 AM by RockHound

Cheers for that brother! Nice one for contacting Support  Smiley

"not optional"

Just an inference on my part, but sounds like they have retired their relationship with Unicredit be it for regulatory/legal reasons?

they are a profitable enterprise, it wouldn't surprise me if they have several back-up affiliate banking partners from this list:

http://www.relbanks.com/top-european-banks/assets

Hopefully they in turn do not follow suit of Unicredit.

Long live Raiffeisen Bank!  By the way, my deposits went in smooth; corporate FX rates are still very good/same; 2-3 days to fund from UK.
justforbtc

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:59:47 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 12:09:01 PM by justforbtc

"not operational"

Just an inference on my part, but sounds like they have retired their relationship with Unicredit be it for regulatory/legal reasons?

they are a profitable enterprise, it wouldn't surprise me if they have several back-up affiliate banking partners from this list:

Long live Raiffeisen Bank!  By the way, my deposits went in smooth; corporate FX rates are still very good/same; 2-3 days to fund from UK.

How long is the deposit confirmation time needed for new bank? Is faster than Unicredit? I made a wire to Raiffeisen bank toaday. Hope it would be confirmed as fast as Unicrdeit did.
justforbtc

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:15:02 PM

"not operational"

How long is the deposit confirmation time needed for new bank? Is faster than Unicredit? I made a wire to Raiffeisen bank toaday. Hope it would be confirmed as fast as Unicrdeit did.

Got the deposit confirmed by Bitstamp! Seems the confirmation time needed for Raiffeisen is just 2-3 hours more than Unicredit! The fees deducted from my deposit is just 0.0482%, much lower than 0.1% declared by bitstamp!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: