Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:46:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unfair distribution of "Stellar"  (Read 3633 times)
bitbaby (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 07:08:35 AM

I am just wondering why facebook giveaway?

They gave out a lot!! of coins to people with facebook accounts, is Stellar in someway related to facebook. Did the guy who made facebook had some friends make this coin?

If they wanted to get a word out to social sites why not include twitter or any other website for that matter. People who were aware of the STR-BTC and cryptocurrency in general took advantage of this and asked their friends and family and colleagues to sign-up and send them the coins.

I know a guy who had like 50 accounts and made a full bitcoin yesterday, right before they tightened up the facebook verify process. How this helped Stellar I just don't understand.

Thoughts.. Huh

w4ssop

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:16:03 AM

The distribution method, using facebook accounts isn't fair at all but the coin is their, the devs can do what they want Smiley
Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:25:08 AM

If you cant get people to sign up on facebook so you can steal their personal info by providing a "service", then you gotta offer money for their signup so you can steal their personal info >_>
bitbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 07:31:26 AM

If you cant get people to sign up on facebook so you can steal their personal info by providing a "service", then you gotta offer money for their signup so you can steal their personal info >_>

So you think the whole thing was to steal people's info from facebook?

Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:33:33 AM

Maybe they can glean some $$ value from people's data. Seems like quite a lot of user data.

In reality, it's a very large network, and they are hoping that by reaching out to FB users, that Stellar could go viral. Unlikely, but possible.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:35:18 AM

funny thing is that they gave me stellar with my fake account on facebook but not with the real one lmao
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 07:37:19 AM

Actually, there are still NOT available methods to make unique digital IDs without trusting a third party.
So they are using Facebook to spread as best as they can Stellars to the community.
If you find a better way and it isn't easily cheated, you are welcome to suggest it to them Wink

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
w4ssop

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:42:13 AM

funny thing is that they gave me stellar with my fake account on facebook but not with the real one lmao

It was before the update or after it? they should have improved the fb check.
josephliton

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:46:27 AM

I found this.....

Source :https://www.stellar.org/about/mandate/#Direct_signup_program

"We will set up a website where anyone can come and register. We will also make reasonable best effort to screen out fraudulent accounts or people with multiple Facebook accounts. Once the direct signup program has commenced, the Foundation will begin work on alternative channels for distribution of stellars, including SMS and other online channels, in order to allow more people access without having to have a Facebook account".

Bergis

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:01:11 AM

it's hard to distribution freely. i can't get stellar through my facebook account.
bitbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 08:03:31 AM

That's exactly what happened to some people I know, they had genuine old accounts and they weren't able to get any stellar. What's even unfair they gave out like 7000 per account at first and they halved it. And now don't know what algos they're using but it's almost impossible to get a facebook account verified no matter how genuine it is and they have also removed verify email thing too.

And due to this some of the people have ended up having huge amounts of stellar and some don't even have 1000.

Watoshi-Dimobuto

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:18:43 AM

This is like ripple 2.0. The same creator only different name.
saamxx

Activity: 546
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:08:52 AM

So, let it be STERIPPLE Grin
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:15:08 AM

I am just wondering why facebook giveaway?

They gave out a lot!! of coins to people with facebook accounts, is Stellar in someway related to facebook. Did the guy who made facebook had some friends make this coin?

If they wanted to get a word out to social sites why not include twitter or any other website for that matter. People who were aware of the STR-BTC and cryptocurrency in general took advantage of this and asked their friends and family and colleagues to sign-up and send them the coins.

I know a guy who had like 50 accounts and made a full bitcoin yesterday, right before they tightened up the facebook verify process. How this helped Stellar I just don't understand.

Thoughts.. Huh

How come ? Are not they accepting only verified FB profiles from beginning ?

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 10:17:34 AM

He hadn't 50 accounts, he just asked 50 and more people to send him the Stellars for 1/2$.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:27:42 AM

I am wary of facebook, and haven't given my mobile number to them. Turns out this means I won't get the distrbution.

Screw Stellar.

bitbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 10:35:49 AM

I am wary of facebook, and haven't given my mobile number to them. Turns out this means I won't get the distrbution.

Screw Stellar.

Haha, I asked my cousin to sign-up and when they asked him to verify, he was like "I am not giving my phone number to facebook dude"  Cheesy

bitbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 02:46:04 AM

So did anybody received the rest of the stellars that were promised during fb registration?

Watoshi-Dimobuto

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:49:08 AM

So did anybody received the rest of the stellars that were promised during fb registration?

I been waiting for 2 days still did not receive anything. Look likes they have unlimited "tomorrow".
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:58:48 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 03:28:10 AM by TaunSew

This is a scam.  They want millions of users but any sane person with a brain knows that Bitcoin only has 1-2 million users and the individual alternates have far less.  So what you end up with is Stripe getting 3%, Stellar gets 2% and the thousands or tens of thousands who bother who use Stellar get crumbs.

That means Stellar and Stripe control 99%+ of tradeable volume and can manipulate prices all they want with ease.  This is just Ripple / Marine Coin / Stellar 2.0 (well technically it's a fork so it's just a 1.0).

They admit 100 billion supply on one article I read so that's 5 billion coins they can dump at any time, while you only get 1000 for signing up (lmfao!).  Fair distribution indeed!  By the time you flip $10 into $200 they've made $100+ million.

The thing I found funny is that Stripes put $3 million into a Ripple fork but then again it wasn't their money but money from fund groups.  Unless your a dolt who thinks every 25 year old from Ireland have a spare $3 million in their pocket.

Beats me, there's huge fund groups in the United States with hundreds of billions of dollars (some of them have a stake in that $400 trillion derivative bubble) and they throw money at extreme high risk projects all the time.  Nothing to look at.  Move along.  A lot of those fund companies probably spend more than $3 million just on taxi fares at just one office among several.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: