Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:10:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which is the good site to get wallet?  (Read 4208 times)
vijaykumarcmeseo (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:19:01 AM

is coinbase.com is good site i have heard that site is not working properly...? is there any other site we can get good wallet without any problems......?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:51:08 AM

A webwallet?
https://coinpunk.com/

(If you really must. A client that you control 100% is preferred.)

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:56:27 AM

is coinbase.com is good site i have heard that site is not working properly...? is there any other site we can get good wallet without any problems......?

I would highly recommend against using a web wallet due to its inherently insecure nature, but if you have to I'd say go with Blockchain's one - just make sure you add 2FA and have a secure password.
GamersBitcoin

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:02:39 PM

yes thats good blockchain you should try . dont forget to set 2fa for your account . and makessure your device not in infected.
silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:47:15 PM

You won't have control of your private keys on exchange wallets like coinbase, and so it is not a good idea to store your bitcoin there IMO.
Try blockchain.info, and even better an offline wallet.
vijaykumarcmeseo (OP)

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:00:56 PM

blockchain.info is the offline wallet because i use pc not the phone....
silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:17:51 PM

blockchain.info is the offline wallet because i use pc not the phone....

Huh
It seems to me you have misunderstood the term "offline wallet".

For offline wallet (cold storage), your private keys should be generated offline and should never be placed in any device that is connecting or will connect to the Internet.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:20:55 PM

Use a wallet you download. A program that is the wallet. It generates a key (which has a respective bitcoin address) that's being used to spend the Bitcoins you receive in the bitcoin address of the key. That way only you can tell your Bitcoin where to go.
Bitcoin is trying to liberate people from having to rely on a bank, and still they ask where bitcoin banks are.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:24:58 PM

Check out the info here:

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

I would start with a full node like "bitcoin core". It takes a lot of memory and space, but offers the highest level of control over your coins. Until you understand bitcoin you may want to avoid any kind of shared wallet. Those online systems are only as good as the website operators. If they are incompetent or criminal minded, your coins could be taken and there is nothing anyone can do to get them back.

Keep it simple.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:08:10 PM

The best best is the Bitcoin wallet you download yourself but if your looking for a online wallet I recommend Blockchain.info based on my personal experience with the site.  Their a a few good options and I'd suggest taking the time to decide which is best for you.  You'll get a good idea of the best options from the replies in this thread.
elliwilli

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 07:37:14 PM

Blockchain.info and coinbase are both great webwallets.

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:43:12 PM

only offline wallet like Multibit, dont trust online wallets
trader001

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:12:04 PM

Coinbase one should be ok as they have to comply with US law.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 08:15:32 PM

Coinbase has always worked well for me and if you have a question about their service they are very quick to respond.

I recently asked them about the risk of not providing the private key's for wallets to the account holder and the risk that poses if they should go bankrupt. The answer was quick, honest, and offered to escalate the question if i found the answer to not be sufficient.

I also like Coinbase's user interface...although the mobile app needs some work and they don't tally the value of all wallets, which would be a nice convenience.

saif92

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:18:08 PM

only offline wallet like Multibit, dont trust online wallets
After some experience with blockchain now I am using this Multibit and its working very good for me I will recommend this for you also

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 08:20:27 PM

Bank-like Bitcoin services are familiar to all of us, especially those that are just now joining the Bitcoin movement. I think it's important for these services to exist (perhaps mostly for retailers and transaction heavy users).

The risk of keeping your bitcoin address and private keys on paper at home is only slightly less risky than with an online wallet. Paper is more fragile than the internet, although it's certainly more private.

Anyone have some good ideas on how to innovate on online wallets? The market here clearly has a needed for a better option (with Blockchain arguably considered the best right now).

Use a wallet you download. A program that is the wallet. It generates a key (which has a respective bitcoin address) that's being used to spend the Bitcoins you receive in the bitcoin address of the key. That way only you can tell your Bitcoin where to go.
Bitcoin is trying to liberate people from having to rely on a bank, and still they ask where bitcoin banks are.

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:54:14 AM

The risk of keeping your bitcoin address and private keys on paper at home is only slightly less risky than with an online wallet. Paper is more fragile than the internet, although it's certainly more private.

Considering that the oldest piece of paper known dates from AD 256 and the Internet dates back to the 1970s, I doubt your statement.

There's solutions for that "fragility" or "house burns down" scenarios.

M-of-N and BIP38 - worth researching.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Initscri

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 06:31:29 AM

To

I would highly recommend against using a web wallet due to its inherently insecure nature, but if you have to I'd say go with Blockchain's one - just make sure you add 2FA and have a secure password.

1+

I'd second the tips here.

I'd only say use BlockChain.info to test out Bitcoin. At some point (or when you have enough funds you aren't willing to risk) I would switch over to something like a paper wallet.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
----------------------------------
nagabeler

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:48:51 AM

Blockchain.info the main wallet btc i have, and i think most of bitcoin user use this wallet

virtapayseller666

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:17:50 AM

My suggestion is u can use blockchain because the trans conform in seconds and peer rate is also good and you can backup  your wallet also

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████