Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:50:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Limit.  (Read 3726 times)
henryjames1003 (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:18:54 PM

Do you think there is a limit to the growth of Bitcoin? 1к USD? 2k?
How i can see:
every day money comes to Btc so one Bitcoin becomes more valuable.

And each 10 minutes new 25 BTC comes to world. It's emission. every block creates new Bitcoin and each one becomes less valuable.

So: Bitcoin is growing steadily because money income bigger then emission. I know it's simple and little incorrect explanation.

whether in the future the time when Bitcoin will stop? and at what level?
Stifler

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:21:43 PM

Nobody knows. It's just supply and demmand. The more people that use it the bigger the demmand gets and the price should go up.

Not to be confused with the user sifter Tongue.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:27:40 PM

There will be a moment that there isn't that much new money comming in, supply will be the same while demand is decreasing.

I'm not even sure if there is new money comming in right now as people already have bought their Bitcoins, and now are waiting for a rise.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:31:43 PM

There will be a moment that there isn't that much new money comming in, supply will be the same while demand is decreasing.

I'm not even sure if there is new money comming in right now as people already have bought their Bitcoins, and now are waiting for a rise.
Yup it's quite scary to have no new money when there are so many Bitcoins coming on to the market.  I do feel though that when clearer regulation is made, some investments that would have gone into Bitcoin startups will go into Bitcoin directly instead.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:55:09 PM

ok all you speculators. lets update you..

the bitcoin price spiked multiple times for the last 5 years because it was nice and easy to get dollars into exchanges to buy bitcoin. but this year all the exchanges are starting to put dollar limits on deposits,etc.

so will you atleast add that into your speculative equations.

for example 1 person depositing $50k could move the price from $200 to $220 all by himself last year. but now with max deposits of $10k and the price being averaged at $600. it will take 15 people to simultaneously buy in to cause a price rise of $20 in a short period.

so do not expect big movements from new investors. expect smaller movements from medium investors or lots of micro investors. that is of course, if we can atleast convince miners to stop selling on exchanges at a loss..

we are no longer in the game where investors throw lots of dollars at exchanges to buy coin. we are now in the game where investors throw lots of dollars at private trades, which SLOWLY reduces the number of sales on exchanges, due to the bitcoins being sold privately instead. which still helps a price rise, just much more slowly.

good luck with your maths and predictions.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:26:27 PM

Hard to know. On the one hand we've already created over half of all Bitcoin that will ever exist, so in theory there aren't that many bitcoin left to be created. On the other hand, a lot of them are lost, so they don't really count. We will see how the adoption and inflow of new Fiat works out over the next months and years. But I guess chances aren't that bad for Bitcoin to succeed.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
reg

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:10:11 PM

Nobody knows. It's just supply and demmand. The more people that use it the bigger the demmand gets and the price should go up.

+1 There is no theoretical limit. There are some quite unrealistic ideas in the short term but the current market value indicates (to me ) that some large companies that use the valuable number as a payment processing system are being offset by adoption. Do not forget btc is many things and I use it as a store of value ie a commodity. However as an idea its unstoppable now in some form or other we just have to be a bit adept at countering the attempts of banks to keep their monopoly over the individual. 
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:15:28 PM

ok all you speculators. lets update you..

the bitcoin price spiked multiple times for the last 5 years because it was nice and easy to get dollars into exchanges to buy bitcoin. but this year all the exchanges are starting to put dollar limits on deposits,etc.

so will you atleast add that into your speculative equations.

for example 1 person depositing $50k could move the price from $200 to $220 all by himself last year. but now with max deposits of $10k and the price being averaged at $600. it will take 15 people to simultaneously buy in to cause a price rise of $20 in a short period.

so do not expect big movements from new investors. expect smaller movements from medium investors or lots of micro investors. that is of course, if we can atleast convince miners to stop selling on exchanges at a loss..

we are no longer in the game where investors throw lots of dollars at exchanges to buy coin. we are now in the game where investors throw lots of dollars at private trades, which SLOWLY reduces the number of sales on exchanges, due to the bitcoins being sold privately instead. which still helps a price rise, just much more slowly.

good luck with your maths and predictions.

You're forgetting to include unforseen possibilities. Such as a billionaire or millionaire buying "shitloads" of BTC in a relatively short time. Even one person buying $2,000,000 worth of BTC will rise the price by over $100. Imagine if a small amount of millionaires decide to invest  a few million in BTC(not in off the book trades), the price will rise dramatically.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:22:13 PM

Hard to know. On the one hand we've already created over half of all Bitcoin that will ever exist, so in theory there aren't that many bitcoin left to be created. On the other hand, a lot of them are lost, so they don't really count. We will see how the adoption and inflow of new Fiat works out over the next months and years. But I guess chances aren't that bad for Bitcoin to succeed.

half the cap has been mined yes, but the other half will take alot longer, and i mean ALOT longer
it took 5 years to get to 13mill.
in 2 years it will be 15.7mill.
then 6 years from now will be 18.3mill.
then 10 years from now 19.6mill.
then 14 years from now 20.3mill.
then in 3 decades it will be 20.9mill.
and then another 100 years to get nearly the last 100k

so what took 5 years will take alot longer. meaning supply will drop and cause demand. but we still need to realise that if we are measuring bitcoin in just dollars, and ontop of that measuring it against exchanges with limited influx of those dollars. then it would be hard to actually give a true value estimate

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:26:52 PM

You're forgetting to include unforseen possibilities. Such as a billionaire or millionaire buying "shitloads" of BTC in a relatively short time. Even one person buying $2,000,000 worth of BTC will rise the price by over $100. Imagine if a small amount of millionaires decide to invest  a few million in BTC(not in off the book trades), the price will rise dramatically.

i have not forgot. but you are not reading what i wrote in the post you quoted. this is because then you would realise that there was an investor that threw $30million into the market. the problem is that he did not throw it at an exchange. instead he threw it at bitpay. so instead of seeing bitcoin get back into the $1000 this spring, bitpay gave that guy bitcoins privately, and over the two months of spring exchanges only moved $200 ($450->$650) due to bitpay not having to sell on exchanges. instead of moving back to well over $1000 if that $30mill was on an exchange.

so as i said a slower more stable rise

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 04:38:44 PM

1k USD is max, we will never reach more.

today the price declined 5 USD, so bitcoin is dying .  Cry

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:43:18 PM

really??

but when dollar collapses and you can only buy a loaf of bread for $1000, what do you think bitcoin will be worth?

lol i do love seeing peoples speculations and to then slap their faces with wet fishes using info they never included, that would make their estimates not what they think.

if the dollar doesnt collapse (fiat explosion) then i see a potential in over a decade of $30k-$50k. but if dollar exploded like what happened in Zimbabwe, i can see bitcoin worth $500k

but just because bitcoin went from $1 to $1000 in 5 years, DO NOT expect the same 1000 fold jump in the next 5 years. it will be alot slower, alot lot lot slower

oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:28:22 PM

No limit can be predicted. All bitcoin can do now is grow and become more popular which in time will increase the price of bitcoin. I would be surprised if there was a limit especially so soon.
moko666

Activity: 635

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 08:38:17 PM

Sky is Limit for bitcoin  Cool
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:43:27 PM

today the price declined 5 USD, so bitcoin is dying .  Cry

I don't know whether that was sarcasm or not. What's interesting is that you are around since April 2013, so you've experienced 1-2 bubbles. You should've learned by now that Bitcoin doesn't show any signs of dying right now. Why so pessimistic?

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:43:27 PM

Goddamn some of you people are stupid.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
harles9

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:44:59 PM

I love that young people are into Bitcoins and asking these kind of questions.  Perhaps, instead of berating people, we should assume they are young and inquisitive.

No sir, there is no fiat limit on how high Bitcoins can be valued.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:13:05 PM

As of today, there are currently only 13 million coins, so even if you hold only a few ones, that means you own a very large part of something very rare. it doesnt matter that there will be 21 millions, what matters is what we have today.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 11:14:48 PM

That is what a bear says.

A bull looks at the situation and says: There will be a day, when the demand will be higher than the emission (e.g. at block halving)

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:11:04 AM

today the price declined 5 USD, so bitcoin is dying .  Cry

I don't know whether that was sarcasm or not. What's interesting is that you are around since April 2013, so you've experienced 1-2 bubbles. You should've learned by now that Bitcoin doesn't show any signs of dying right now. Why so pessimistic?
Check out the smiley in the thread title post and it's clearly indicative of trolling. As long as Bitcoin sticks around and expands its usage, it's impossible for it not to go up in value. Heck, as fiat depreciates, this alone adds value to this crypto.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: