Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:17:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ISIS executes 1,500 Iraqi POWs  (Read 4296 times)
solid12345 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:42:44 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/06/40000-iraqis-stranded-mountain-isis-death-threat

Even more death and destruction could come, 40k Yazidi minorities are stranded in the mountains with nowhere to go.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:47:01 PM

Why do you categorize these murderers with the label "Sunnis"?  Do you think all Sunnis approve of or are responsible for these crimes?
I sympathize with your comment 100%.  One will never find a category of human behavior for which "all" approve, will you?  However, since this is a self proclaimed Caliphate, isn't it odd that no FATWAs exist to kill these murderers and blasphemers, that do such things in the name of Allah?

Now show me some news reporting, does not matter what the language is, where Muslims are outraged or even reporting this event. 

Exactly.  Just because a group of Sunnis is going around and murdering non-Sunnis doesn't make it okay to condemn Sunnis as a whole.  I don't know if any Sunnis are speaking out about it or not, but if they aren't that could be a result of living in fear of retaliation.  The members of ISIS that are committing these crimes obviously don't believe in the right to life or a fair trial, I think it's safe to say they also don't believe that the people living in the territory they control have a right to speak freely either.

If those Sunnis that have the ability to speak freely and condemn these senseless killings choose not to do so then yes, their morals should certainly be questioned.  Have any Sunnis been directly asked if they are okay with the actions of ISIS?

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:50:08 PM

Why do people on this forum care about ISIS and want the US to get involved with drones or whatever?  Iraq is a very violent place.  The Sunnis have been slaughtering everyone else there for a long long time.  Just because its being recorded on cellphones now doesn't mean its new or worse - Saddam Hussein had several years in which over 100,000 prisoners were killed.

Why do you categorize these murderers with the label "Sunnis"?  Do you think all Sunnis approve of or are responsible for these crimes?

Because of the ethnic make-up of Iraq.  Sunni Arabs are less than 20% of the population but were made the rulers in colonial times.  That's why they have a history of savage violence - its the only way for a small minority to retain absolute power. 

Same logic applies in reverse in Syria where the Sunnis are the majority and the Alawite minority retains absolute power through savage violence.
shawshankinmate37927

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:19:02 PM

Why do people on this forum care about ISIS and want the US to get involved with drones or whatever?  Iraq is a very violent place.  The Sunnis have been slaughtering everyone else there for a long long time.  Just because its being recorded on cellphones now doesn't mean its new or worse - Saddam Hussein had several years in which over 100,000 prisoners were killed.

Because of the ethnic make-up of Iraq.  Sunni Arabs are less than 20% of the population but were made the rulers in colonial times.  That's why they have a history of savage violence - its the only way for a small minority to retain absolute power. 

Same logic applies in reverse in Syria where the Sunnis are the majority and the Alawite minority retains absolute power through savage violence.

But doesn't that just help perpetuate the nonsense that a particular religion or ethnic group should be in control of a particular area on the map?  The less we refer to their ethnicity then the less relevant ethnicity will become.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:30:18 PM

Why do people on this forum care about ISIS and want the US to get involved with drones or whatever?  Iraq is a very violent place.  The Sunnis have been slaughtering everyone else there for a long long time.  Just because its being recorded on cellphones now doesn't mean its new or worse - Saddam Hussein had several years in which over 100,000 prisoners were killed.

Why do you categorize these murderers with the label "Sunnis"?  Do you think all Sunnis approve of or are responsible for these crimes?

Because of the ethnic make-up of Iraq.  Sunni Arabs are less than 20% of the population but were made the rulers in colonial times.  That's why they have a history of savage violence - its the only way for a small minority to retain absolute power.  

But doesn't that just help perpetuate the nonsense that a particular religion or ethnic group should be in control of a particular area on the map?  The less we refer to their ethnicity then the less relevant ethnicity will become.

Wow!  You really are into American power aren't you?  You think that if Americans stop referring to a problem, the problem ceases to exist??

The Sunni militants in Iraq and Syria say that they are killing people because of their religion, so how you refer to them doesn't matter - they have set their own terms of reference.

If you have a few minutes, this video is well made and sets out the basis of IS ideology: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=efe_1403037495
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:31:04 PM

I sympathize with your comment 100%.  One will never find a category of human behavior for which "all" approve, will you?  However, since this is a self proclaimed Caliphate, isn't it odd that no FATWAs exist to kill these murderers and blasphemers, that do such things in the name of Allah?

Now show me some news reporting, does not matter what the language is, where Muslims are outraged or even reporting this event. 

Exactly.  Just because a group of Sunnis is going around and murdering non-Sunnis doesn't make it okay to condemn Sunnis as a whole.  I don't know if any Sunnis are speaking out about it or not, but if they aren't that could be a result of living in fear of retaliation.  The members of ISIS that are committing these crimes obviously don't believe in the right to life or a fair trial, I think it's safe to say they also don't believe that the people living in the territory they control have a right to speak freely either.

If those Sunnis that have the ability to speak freely and condemn these senseless killings choose not to do so then yes, their morals should certainly be questioned.  Have any Sunnis been directly asked if they are okay with the actions of ISIS?
I invite them to speak out here, on this forum.  Any language they want to use is fine.
shawshankinmate37927

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:42:12 PM

But doesn't that just help perpetuate the nonsense that a particular religion or ethnic group should be in control of a particular area on the map?  The less we refer to their ethnicity then the less relevant ethnicity will become.

Wow!  You really are into American power aren't you?  You think that if Americans stop referring to a problem, the problem ceases to exist??

The Sunni militants in Iraq and Syria say that they are killing people because of their religion, so how you refer to them doesn't matter - they have set their own terms of reference.

Not at all.  I didn't say anything about Americans or American power.  Not sure how you came to that conclusion.  I'm simply pointing out that it's not the fact that they're Sunnis that makes them evil.  It's the fact that they are murderers that makes them evil and they don't speak on behalf of or represent all Sunnis.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:50:46 PM

I invite them to speak out here, on this forum.  Any language they want to use is fine.
Really, isn't the argument that some people "can't speak out because of fear of retaliation" essentially an argument of the past? 

Can't anyone, one way or another, speak out?
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:51:23 PM

Wow!  You really are into American power aren't you?  You think that if Americans stop referring to a problem, the problem ceases to exist??

Not at all.  I didn't say anything about Americans or American power.  Not sure how you came to that conclusion.  I'm simply pointing out that it's not the fact that they're Sunnis that makes them evil.  It's the fact that they are murderers that makes them evil and they don't speak on behalf of or represent all Sunnis.

You amaze me.  You really refuse to accept that they say what they mean and mean what they say: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=efe_1403037495

They are not murderers.  Its a war and the best you can say is that they are war criminals.  In terms of that war, they are defined by being Sunni Islamists and they say very clearly they will capture Baghdad and kill its Shia inhabitants.  Watch the video - they make their views very clear.
shawshankinmate37927

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:00:14 PM

You amaze me.  You really refuse to accept that they say what they mean and mean what they say: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=efe_1403037495

They are not murderers.  Its a war and the best you can say is that they are war criminals.  In terms of that war, they are defined by being Sunni Islamists and they say very clearly they will capture Baghdad and kill its Shia inhabitants.  Watch the video - they make their views very clear.

I realize this is a really difficult concept for you, but all Sunnis do not belong to ISIS.

shawshankinmate37927

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:05:00 PM

Really, isn't the argument that some people "can't speak out because of fear of retaliation" essentially an argument of the past? 

Can't anyone, one way or another, speak out?

I just don't assume that all Sunnis feel that ISIS represents them.

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:23:38 PM

I realize this is a really difficult concept for you, but all Sunnis do not belong to ISIS.

No-one said they did.  Saddam Hussein killed more Shia than ISIS will ever manage.  He also killed a lot of people who share the IS ideology. 

In other news, not all Americans think that they can fix the world by bombing it.  However, it seems a lot of people on this forum are convinced otherwise.  As I said in my first reply, Sunnis in Iraq have been killing the rest for a long time and there is no reason to think that it makes sense to start bombing the place again.
shawshankinmate37927

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:43:40 PM

In other news, not all Americans think that they can fix the world by bombing it.  However, it seems a lot of people on this forum are convinced otherwise.  As I said in my first reply, Sunnis in Iraq have been killing the rest for a long time and there is no reason to think that it makes sense to start bombing the place again.

I would be one of those Americans.  There are some people in this world who would love the opportunity to torture or kill me or anyone else that falls into the category of "American" despite the fact that quite a few of us oppose indiscriminate bombing.  People tend to say that America is killing innocent people and I object to that because the people in power that are ordering those bombings don't represent me.  Those individuals are responsible for their actions, not me, and they are the ones that should be held accountable for their actions, not me.  I think Sunnis that do not support the violence of ISIS should be afforded the same consideration.

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:46:03 PM

In other news, not all Americans think that they can fix the world by bombing it.  However, it seems a lot of people on this forum are convinced otherwise.  As I said in my first reply, Sunnis in Iraq have been killing the rest for a long time and there is no reason to think that it makes sense to start bombing the place again.

I would be one of those Americans.  There are some people in this world who would love the opportunity to torture or kill me or anyone else that falls into the category of "American" despite the fact that quite a few of us oppose indiscriminate bombing.  People tend to say that America is killing innocent people and I object to that because the people in power that are ordering those bombings don't represent me.  Those individuals are responsible for their actions, not me, and they are the ones that should be held accountable for their actions, not me.  I think Sunnis that do not support the violence of ISIS should be afforded the same consideration.

We are in agreement.   Smiley

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:08:25 PM

I don't care.  You are exercising an ability to state a logical fallacy, so discussing your point has no meaning or purpose.

Let me give you an example.  Suppose ISIS takes over ABC, forcibly.  They then start a war with XYZ.  XYZ is at war with ABC.  The subjects of ABC are enemies of XYZ.   The cities of ABC and the military of ABC will suffer the consequences of losing or winning.

The subjects of ABC are factually, ABC.  It makes zero difference if "all subjects of ABC" support or do not support ABC. 

You are talking nonsense.  These are areas of human behavior where action is all that counts.  Example, French opposition during the occupation in WWII.
onlyu

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:28:56 PM

This is Muslim killing their own? Am I missing something here?
shawshankinmate37927

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:36:40 PM

I don't care.  You are exercising an ability to state a logical fallacy, so discussing your point has no meaning or purpose.

Let me give you an example.  Suppose ISIS takes over ABC, forcibly.  They then start a war with XYZ.  XYZ is at war with ABC.  The subjects of ABC are enemies of XYZ.   The cities of ABC and the military of ABC will suffer the consequences of losing or winning.

The subjects of ABC are factually, ABC.  It makes zero difference if "all subjects of ABC" support or do not support ABC.  

You are talking nonsense.  These are areas of human behavior where action is all that counts.  Example, French opposition during the occupation in WWII.

Congratulations.  You're playing right into the hands of TPTB.  They insist on divvying up human beings into categories based on national origin, ethnicity, religion, race, etc.  That's the first step in convincing people to hate each other and eventually to kill each other in search of retribution.

Let me give you an example.  When a group of Palestinians kidnap and murder three Israeli teenagers, that does not give the Israeli government an excuse to start indiscriminately bombing and killing Palestinians that had nothing to do with the murders.  A much more logical approach would be to apprehend those responsible and put them on trial.  That would only sound like nonsense to a sick fuck that buys into the us versus them mentality that TPTB like to sell.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:38:30 PM

I don't care.  You are exercising an ability to state a logical fallacy, so discussing your point has no meaning or purpose.

Let me give you an example.  Suppose ISIS takes over ABC, forcibly.  They then start a war with XYZ.  XYZ is at war with ABC.  The subjects of ABC are enemies of XYZ.   The cities of ABC and the military of ABC will suffer the consequences of losing or winning.

The subjects of ABC are factually, ABC.  It makes zero difference if "all subjects of ABC" support or do not support ABC.  

You are talking nonsense.  These are areas of human behavior where action is all that counts.  Example, French opposition during the occupation in WWII.

Congratulations.  You're playing right into the hands of TPTB.  They insist on divvying up human beings into categories based on national origin, ethnicity, religion, race, etc.  That's the first step in convincing people to hate each other and eventually to kill each other in search of retribution.

Let me give you an example.  When a group of Palestinians kidnap and murder three Israeli teenagers, that does not give Israel an excuse to start indiscriminately bombing and killing Palestinians that had nothing to do with the murders.  A much more logical approach would be to apprehend those responsible and put them on trial.  That would only sound like nonsense to a sick fuck that buys into the us versus them mentality that TPTB like to sell.

False.  There is zero hate or emotion in what I said.  Zero.  Got it?  Nothing but military necessity.
sapta
aka BitRentX
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1718
Merit: 1206

Yield.App

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 05:23:49 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 05:41:15 AM by BitRent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AQPlREDW-Ro

Good video about the crysis.

And Indonesian muslim is 80% 90%+ Sunni I think. But few days ago there was a news that Indonesia is against ISIS.

Sorry, bad english  Embarrassed
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:59:18 AM

And now 40k innocents trapped and set up for a slaughter in the coming days
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/07/40000-iraqis-stranded-mountain-isis-death-threat
Bad times!!

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████