Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:39:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Only one currency used as legal tender in the world and #basicincome  (Read 1356 times)
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:42:35 PM

Indeed. I think we will have to wait for a world's GWP of $1 000 trillion.
1 Quadrillion?

Yeah, I can see that happening.
I was just using USD to make it easy to picture my utopia.
But it will come. I am sure that in a few decades we will all be living in a world of utter abundance.
And I think taxing 10% - or so - of all transactions would't be that bad idea, if it radically solved the poverty problem.
It seems ending world poverty doesn't appeal much to you. It's ok. Eventually you will be convinced of how sound and important #basicincome gets.
Or maybe not, you won't. And we will keep disagreeing.
"#basicincome" shouldn't be given without someone at least attempting to work for it. Even if it's just advertising on a forum, or teaching someone, or growing a certain amount of plants in a garden to sell into the market, then they should be gifted basic income.

Even homeless people working as garbage collectors (Similar system to bottle collectors, ideally) would qualify them.

As long as they do something for the betterment of society, they should be eligible. If they don't, they shouldn't. It would be unfair for those who work, and would end up with everyone sitting on their butts getting paid for doing nothing, which would end up with everyone sitting on their butts, etc.

The problem with this is that a free market helps to allocate people to where they are best suited, and where they can provide the most benefit possible to society.

If they can do anything, they are free to do things that are a waste of their efforts. The government is not suited to decide who should work where, or what work is worth how much.

Advertising on forums for example, is very likely much less valuable to society than growing food or programming. That being said, neither of us are suited to decide that because we don't have all the information.

Any economic system that interferes with the free market--even if it helps distribute the pie more evenly--is likely to shrink the pie, and perhaps distribute the pie less fairly (there is a difference between even and fair).

The well-intentioned effort to eliminate poverty ends up making everyone less better off.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: