Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:12:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP rep says Pelosi ‘visibly shaken’ during dust-up on House floor...  (Read 618 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:32:26 PM

A Republican congressman who was confronted on the floor Friday night by House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi over his immigration comments told Fox News that the former speaker was "visibly shaken" during the encounter -- but said he's "not going to put up with this."

Pelosi lashed out at Rep. Tom Marino, R-Pa., after he accused Democrats of neglecting the immigration issue when they controlled the White House and Congress in 2009 and 2010.

She could be seen walking over to him and pointing her finger at him -- he later said Pelosi called him "insignificant."

Speaking to Fox News on Monday, Marino offered additional details.

"She came up to me wagging her finger and saying that I was a liar, a liar, and I simply said, 'No, I do my research -- I have my facts straight, perhaps you should try that,'"  he said.

Marino said Pelosi was trying to belittle him.

"I'm a former prosecutor ... and I've been threatened by drug dealers and organized crime and murderers, and this was a walk in the park," he said. "I'm not going to put up with this. I don't talk to people like this."

He added: "I'm having one of the wealthiest people in Congress say that I'm inconsequential and I'm not important."

After the two lawmakers' dust-up, the House voted late Friday on a Republican-authored $700 million package addressing the border crisis -- one that almost every Democrat opposed and that President Obama vowed to veto should it ever reach his desk.

Pelosi spokeswoman Evangeline George told The Hill after the confrontation that Pelosi "just wanted to remind the congressman that House Democrats had the courage to pass the DREAM Act -- and have the courage to stand up for what the American people want: bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform."   

She said that Pelosi accepted Marino's apology. A Marino staffer later denied that report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/04/gop-rep-says-pelosi-visibly-shaken-during-dust-up-on-house-floor-defends/

--------------------------------------------------------
Botox fluid reaching her brain...

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:57:59 PM

"We need to open the borders to find out who is going to come across them"
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:48:16 PM

"We need to open the borders to find out who is going to come across them"
Yep, it's pretty much one liners like that that helped sink the democrats midterm ship last time around. And with all the problems going on now, I can't imagine Americans allowing them to take back the House. Tho, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to have them prove me wrong.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 09:09:10 PM

It's awful that these "representatives" end up being the voice of a party or a state or the people simply. NONE of them were elected by the majority of the party or the state (except Senators) or the people. Pelosi and Boehner were elected to office by fewer than 300,000 voters. That's it! Find 300,000 votes and then make friends with your peers in the halls of congress and you can be the leader, the voice, of these significantly influential groups of government leaders.

It's almost the antithesis of democracy, given that a significant majority of voters never elected Boehner or Pelosi into office.

Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 05:42:04 AM

This crook (Pelosi) feels the need to arrange private military transport when she could have taken commercial flights like everybody else.
This crook has multiplied her net worth by 10x in 10 years - Martha Stewart did 2 years in prison and Pelosi gets a free walk
This crook is responsible for the trash that is the ACA and she is actually proud of it.

In CA every state office is held by a democrat so can't be touched locally.  Only Holder/DOJ/Congress could go after her - yeah right.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: