Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:17:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S3 For Auction  (Read 1295 times)
GreenBits (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:16:38 PM

Selling a B1 Antminer S3, box opened but in new condition:

Got one of these in a group buy, all is well, but unfortunately my internet connection (my ISP is Exede, sat. internet because I live in the boondocks) is down/severely restricted so often it will affect my ability to ROI if it remains constant. I'd rather just get my BTC back and trade with it than fight this particular battle.

Pictures of the unit:

Bidding starts at .70 BTC. Please bid in .01 increments.
Auction ends 48 hours from now, I'll round to the next hour, so August 06, 2014, 11:00:00 PM (forum time). Will get shipping details at auction ends, will ship the following morning. I live in Rowland, NC; willing to travel about 2 or 3 hours (near the SC border so I can extend a few hours that way) to sell this in person.

This is pretty straightforward, but feel free to ask any questions you may have. I'd like to use Maidak as escrow.

Thank you in advance!

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 11:11:22 PM

0.7 BTC

But shipping to Canada needs to be cheap or covered by you :-/
GreenBits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:39:32 PM

Forgot to address shipping, thank you. PM me your zip, you are out of the States. Lets limit this to USA/Canada, Id prefer USA.  Ill pay for this:
Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box
http://postcalc.usps.com/PopUps/PMLargeFRBox.htm

If you require faster shipping, I will pay $20 on this if you pay the rest:
Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Box
http://postcalc.usps.com/PopUps/EMFRBox.htm
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 01:25:08 PM

Hi, I retract my bid of 0.7 BTC for now, it seems like there are other miners being sold for cheaper, including the s3.  I'll give you an offer of 0.45 BTC.
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 01:26:20 PM

Hi, I retract my bid of 0.7 BTC for now, it seems like there are other miners being sold for cheaper, including the s3.  I'll give you an offer of 0.45 BTC.

And shipping will be on  you.  II'll come back and give you a better offer if I don't find any other good miners.
GreenBits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:48:57 PM

Please link me to a better offer, so I can price mine accordingly. To the best of my knowledge, they are .68 from the manu, and thats for 2 units (the minimum purchase.) Ive added a .02 to that, I don't believe that is unreasonable. As offered by PM, I will cover the first 25 dollars on both shipping options. I may be open to negotiation on shipping  but I certainly won't eat the entire cost of a non domestic package.
AndrewK

Activity: 819
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:53:18 PM

I'll offer 0.5btc pickup near Wilmington at the end of this week or early next.

1K4BacKKdssA5RGzaFx3D4LC9HVXjE2NvS
GreenBits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:52:59 PM

I appreciate the offer, but thats far too low. I see now I may be keeping this unit after all Smiley

Is there some reason I am not aware of that I am being made offers much less than the actual price of the machine? Im not understanding something. Is the S3 on sale somewhere that I am not privy to? Im not trying to be rude or snippy, I actually am at a loss.

AndrewK, I can do .7 minimum, but I will drive it to your destination and eat the cost of travel. If you can point me to a place where they are being sold for .5, I might be inclined to purchase one myself, despite my present difficulties.

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:43:39 PM

I appreciate the offer, but thats far too low. I see now I may be keeping this unit after all Smiley

Is there some reason I am not aware of that I am being made offers much less than the actual price of the machine? Im not understanding something. Is the S3 on sale somewhere that I am not privy to? Im not trying to be rude or snippy, I actually am at a loss.

AndrewK, I can do .7 minimum, but I will drive it to your destination and eat the cost of travel. If you can point me to a place where they are being sold for .5, I might be inclined to purchase one myself, despite my present difficulties.

A lot of people are starting to realize that buying BTC on an exchange > mining. Mining you take all the risk / effort, and you likely won't get more BTC back than what you put in. Buying BTC and holding is much better... You get the coins instantly, and guaranteed amount of coins you will get. Without the hassle of maintaining miners.

Goodluck selling though Smiley
AndrewK

Activity: 819
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:04:08 PM

I'll take it for 0.7 btc... several conditions though... check your inbox and get back to me.

Thanks,
Andrew

1K4BacKKdssA5RGzaFx3D4LC9HVXjE2NvS
GreenBits (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:24:07 PM

Dropping this down to .68, but as all the offers for this have been laughable, will most likely just have it at a friends/relatives house. I don't know what part of my offer seemed a joke, but I've had some truly off beat offers for this (fav: I'll buy, but please host it for a week at your expense).

If you aren't willing to pay .68BTC, and accept a flat rate priority shipping mailer, please don't waste your time posting here.
monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 12:05:08 AM

Alright, my offer to you: 0.68 BTC with shipping ALL covered as well as any other custom/legal fees (if any).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: