Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:45:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin can be use by future Mars Inhabitants?  (Read 5178 times)
Watoshi-Dimobuto (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:38:38 AM

Some day in the future we will have human settlements in Mars can they use bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcguys

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:45:37 AM

depends if they have internet and means to use it.. may b food and water will worth more than bitcoin who knows
juju

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:21:01 AM

Some day in the future we will have human settlements in Mars can they use bitcoin?

People are probably not going to take wheel barrows of Cash, and Coins to Mars when its colonized. I don't see why it can't be possible, with enough satellites or improved technology one day it might be cheap to have lowish latency interplanetary communication.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:25:09 AM

Pretty sure we will need to learn how to breathe there before we can be concerned about cryptos there...
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:30:46 AM

Pretty sure we will need to learn how to breathe there before we can be concerned about cryptos there...

word, we should nuke mars or something.. there's all that water under the surface, and that vapor can start terraforming mars. we'll all probably be dead by then there is a decent settlement on mars though.

right now, i rather we discover more about europa.. i really wanna see if live has developed on that moon.
MineForeman.com
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 04:31:46 AM

No reason why not.  At the maximum distance between the two planets (378 million km) there would be a 21 minutes delay to get your transaction in a block (42 minutes minimum if your waiting for a confirmation).

I would not recommend mining though, the chances of your block being orphaned are quite high.

Neil

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
tmbp

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:33:40 AM

No reason why not.  At the maximum distance between the two planets (378 million km) there would be a 21 minutes delay to get your transaction in a block (42 minutes minimum if your waiting for a confirmation).

I would not recommend mining though, the chances of your block being orphaned are quite high.

Neil

Implying Mars wouldn't have their own blockchain, ah egocentric humanoids.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:33:47 AM

Given how much of a drought there is there, I think I will be selling cups of water for 1BTC each...
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:34:38 AM

Given how much of a drought there is there, I think I will be selling cups of water for 1BTC each...

yeah i have some stocked up.. i should get even more. water is life, water is important.

california is such a shitty place to live though.. sales tax is something like %8.2ish percent, electricity bills are going up and up, and now we don't even have enough water to drink.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:38:12 AM

In theory yes but given the cost of interplanetary transmission and the long latency it is more likely that a separate MarsCoin would develop.  Most intra-planetary transactions would only use their respective currencies but I am sure some company would provide gateway and exchange services between the two networks.
cuddaloreappu

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:38:55 AM

before the mars settlement... mars is the place where the bitcoin foundation funded largest mining facility is located...

read and please contribute to the story line

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=668028.0
Shen yingying

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:33:19 AM

before the mars settlement... mars is the place where the bitcoin foundation funded largest mining facility is located...

the answer already advised.

Bitcoin and Litecoin trading platform. Up to 100% deposit bonus. Fund with credit card. http://bitcoinforex.ws
TaunSew

Merit: 506

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:35:46 AM

I remember something about this.  I think it was called Doom 3.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
cuddaloreappu

Merit: 502

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:49:33 AM

I remember something about this.  I think it was called Doom 3.

kinda inspiration...
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 07:56:28 AM

maybe satoshi can code some kind of software for terraforming , after that we can pay in marscoin Tongue

Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:27:45 AM

How awesome would it be sending a BTC to someone on Mars!? Receive potentially millions of dollars from another planet in minutes..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
waldox

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 09:55:13 AM

the limit to mars - earth communication is about 4 minutes
so blockchain will probally split, a mars block chain and an earth blockchain.
the earth miner will have a 4 minute propogation disadvange for a mars miner to find the next block compared to a local earth miner.
then if by accident a mars miner get the next block then it would be hard for a earth miner to get the next block due to a 4 minute delay.
thats just all theory.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MasterOwel

Activity: 98

Life is my dream, what is yours?

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:33:58 PM

That would be a pretty awesome thing. I can definitely foresee a form of currency at lease similar to bitcoin as being the main currency by the time we do interplanetary travel. I can also foresee us being wiped out by then, whether it be through war of natural disaster. Also, at current technology it would take that long for an interplanetary transaction, but who's to say we won't be more advanced by then to the extent an interplanetary transaction is faster than google glass?
Koko

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:40:04 PM

In theory yes but given the cost of interplanetary transmission and the long latency it is more likely that a separate MarsCoin would develop.  Most intra-planetary transactions would only use their respective currencies but I am sure some company would provide gateway and exchange services between the two networks.

Hopefully Marscoin will have more value than Mooncoin.
waldox

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 08:41:55 PM

when distances take say years for a one way light speed communication, bitcoin in its current form dosn't make sense.
maybe clones of 10 minute bitcoin for local star systems will pop up and then you convert between the different bitcoin clones when you travel between star systems

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: