Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:14:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with bitpay and my website  (Read 825 times)
austriabitcoin (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 06:44:38 AM

Hi guys

i posted this somewhere else but i didnt get the right answers.

Im currently creating a bandwebsite for a local band...

This band released so far 2 CD's on each song are about 8 - 12 songs.

Id like to offer a 1 minute preview of each song- Free

and I'd like to offer the individual song for download and the whole album for download.

It also would be a nice feature if the "user" can choose multiple songs..

So again:
 I want to offer the complete album as download, which are 2

and each song as download, as well it should be possible to select 3 songs from this album and 5 songs from the other album...

Payment options; of course Bitcoin and Paypal

everyone is telling me to use bitpay but i cant find anywhere instructions for this type of set up.

if someone would be so nice and could explain that to me a bit better regarding bitpay.

the other thing Id like to implement is a Tipping app on the Website, the band is also on facebook and youtube so i could use a tipping app on facebook or changetip for youtube, but if someone knows how to do this on a website would be great..

I think a tipping option should be able to realize with Javascript
im teaching myself right now everything from html to java and php, plus eventually C++ and Python,

so rather than just providing me with a code- which id greatly appreciate
Id like to challenge myself to write this to the most part myself so i can understand how things are working..

thanks

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:59:17 PM

Could it be done in a way that the user buys "tokens" where one token = one song? That way if I buy 8 tokens I could download 3 songs from this album and 5 songs from the other album. If I buy 20 tokens I can buy both albums.

This may be a silly question, but what was bitpay's suggestion?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
austriabitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 03:00:27 PM

bitpay was suggested by a few people in this forum

i havent contacted bitpay myself regarding this

and about tokens, no
there are so many ways now to accept payments like paypal, bitcoin therefore I dont want to make it more complicated for my visitors to buy any tokens

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:18:23 PM

I'd try and contact them. It's their day to day business and you are a prospective customer. I'm sure you get some feedback.

Maybe I should have worded it better. You don't have to call them tokens on the site. Call them "song". Bitpay doesn't need to know which songs the users download.

The user XYZ selects song A, B and C. Your site checks this and realises this is three "songs". Each "song" cost 1 USD. Your site tells bitpay to collect for 3 USD. bitpay takes the fiat value and calculates the resulting BTC amount. Payment process happens. bitpay tells your site the payment went through. Your site remembers this payment was associated to user XYZ and he gets to download songs A, B and C.

just a thought.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
HELP.org

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 03:32:33 PM

I believe BitPay works with http://bitmonet.com/ to do that.  I had set up a page access test one time and it was pretty easy.  I think you can do it with downloads but I am not really sure how it works.

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
austriabitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 05:50:54 PM

so I made now listings for both albums
and each individual song

Bitpay gives me for each song/item the choice between a Bitcoin pay button or a link

example link:
https://bitpay.com/cart/add?itemId=CjPro4XAPT3z4MDJ6LJQgP

which is great so far

the 1 problem here is i dont want to put up 19 Buttons on my website
17 for individual songs
2 for complete Album

Im just thinking that i have a solution for that....

the other thing is

bitpay sends me an email saying customer paid,
 id like it so that the customer gets to the site transferred automatically  where he can  download the link

I have seen a tutorial where this is possible with filezilla and paypal
just havent found anthing regarding bitcoin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: