Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:58:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The necessity of a centralized voice for Bitcoin  (Read 792 times)
cryptocurrencylive (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Live News

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 12:49:34 PM

The necessity of a centralized voice for Bitcoin

http://www.coinmanual.com/the-necessity-of-a-centralized-voice-for-bitcoin/

Crypto Currency Live News

http://cryptocurrencylive.com/newest

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:20:13 PM

This is a well thought out and presented article. It's an accurate description of the current state of Bitcoin but the listed goals have been discussed to death with no reasonable solution. Most of us would agree that TBF isn't living up to its promises in the advancement of Bitcoin. We can also agree that Tony Gallippi has gone above and beyond the call of duty advancing Bitcoin. Even if a superior nonprofit (not TBF, perhaps controlled by Tony) were working toward cleansing the reputation of Bitcoin and promoting its advancement hoarding would still kill that progress. Since Bitcoin has historically grown in value at an exponential rate how do we convince people to spend them instead of saving them for that big retirement sell off in the future?

iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:06:17 PM

I believe the only centralized thing that bitcoin needs is a seperate entity that is just solely promoting bitcoin as much as possible. An new entity I mean, not the bitcoin foundation. There needs to be more things like Dogecoin did. Advertising on a Nascar vehicle that went in a race is awesome. Cmon and tell me that when Dogecoin users sponsored the Jamaican bobsled team that they were wrong? They were doing those things right and thats what bitcoin falls short for advertising.

Dogecoin community was smaller at the time and it was easier to get the ideas out and listened to. These days with bitcoin there are more and more people getting involved, which means a lot of people get drowned out. A simple voting mechanism that lets every address with a certain amount of btc vote on what an advertisement should be or what they should do to promote bitcoin wouldn't be very complicated to write. It doesn't even have to be done like that, simply people signing up on a site or making polls to vote on what should happen next. Bitcoin foundation isn't really engaged with the normal btc users is my experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: