Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:07:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain.info wallet app for Android - still buggy as hell? :(  (Read 1677 times)
Kazimir (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:09:26 PM

I used to have the blockchain.info wallet app on my Android phone, but it was kinda buggy. Especially the QR scanner was crap, most of the times it didn't scan or detect any QRs, so I always preferred Mycelium and the Andreas Schildbach wallet for mobile payments.

Now, I was happy to see the blockchain.info wallet had a big interface overhaul, so I updated it. Unfortunately, it's still buggy as hell.

1. I still can't seem to copy + paste "bitcoin:1AdDrEsS?amount=xyz" URLs. I have to manually enter the address and the amount separately.

2. In the Send tab, very frequently (more ofthen than not) the 'Send' button does not appear. Even though the destination address and amount are all properly specified (and I have ample of unspent inputs available), I just can't send payments! Advanced on/off makes no difference. What the...?

The blockchain.info website usually does a good job, so I'm wondering what's up with their app. Do you guys even test the app before launching it? Please, fix it. Frustrating crap like this is not helping Bitcoin adoption one bit Sad

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 02:19:22 PM

I used to have the blockchain.info wallet app on my Android phone, but it was kinda buggy. Especially the QR scanner was crap, most of the times it didn't scan or detect any QRs, so I always preferred Mycelium and the Andreas Schildbach wallet for mobile payments.

Now, I was happy to see the blockchain.info wallet had a big interface overhaul, so I updated it. Unfortunately, it's still buggy as hell.

1. I still can't seem to copy + paste "bitcoin:1AdDrEsS?amount=xyz" URLs. I have to manually enter the address and the amount separately.

2. In the Send tab, very frequently (more ofthen than not) the 'Send' button does not appear. Even though the destination address and amount are all properly specified (and I have ample of unspent inputs available), I just can't send payments! Advanced on/off makes no difference. What the...?

The blockchain.info website usually does a good job, so I'm wondering what's up with their app. Do you guys even test the app before launching it? Please, fix it. Frustrating crap like this is not helping Bitcoin adoption one bit Sad

I agree.
Blockchain.info Android app is very ... very buggy. After I saw that new version is not really better than old one I choose to do not use my blockchain.info wallet again...

Andreas Schildbach's Bitcoin Wallet even if not so fancy - works great!

I believe one day Blockchain.info Android wallet will be very good app .... but till this day I will be waiting :] I remember that after Blockchain.info Android App bug I had a big problem last year ... I don't want to explain whole situation again but well ... so far they still need to do a lot of improvements ... ;]

Regards.
Kazimir (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:24:12 PM

OK, I'll forget about using blockchain.info on Android for a while then. I'll give it another try next year or so.

In the mean time, it kinda sucks that Andreas Schildbach and Mycelium are still using 0.0001 BTC transaction fees (way too high) without a possibility to customize this. Here in Europe, 5 cents for a transaction is VERY expensive compared to bank wire transfers, and it's a ridiculous fee in terms of percentage for micropayments (e.g. amounts of less then 1 euro). 1000 satoshis per KB (which is also the default tx fee since Bitcoin Core version 0.9) would be reasonable at the current exchange rates.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: